Would you be a fan of the Seahawks if they ever moved?

getnasty

Reaction score
I know i should never bring this topic up but I had a agruement with one of my co-workers today about his Rams fandom. I basically said he's a idiot for being a Rams fan since they left LA and thats where he was born and raised. He came back at me with the same scenario, What if the Seahawks were moved and became the Las Vegas Seahawks? I responded no I would not be a fan anymore and that I would just wait until a team was moved back. Anyways it actually got pretty heated which is absolutely stupid and funny at the same time, but what would your answer be?

Tical21

Reaction score
No. They decided my Fandom wasn't important to them when they moved. I would then become a bigger niners fan than Vegas fan

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1ytyl0zr said:
No I would not be just like I'm not a fan of Oklahoma City Thunder
I said the same thing but he said its different since its a totally different team name. I was thinking to myself the only way i could hate OKC anymore is if they were the Sonics and not the Thunder.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":mh9pidkh said:
No. They decided my Fandom wasn't important to them when they moved. I would then become a bigger niners fan than Vegas fan
Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face. :)

I would not follow the Seahawks outside of WA state, but I definitely would not root for the Niners at all, in any way.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
All you have to do to get an idea of what would happen is look at the Seattle Supersonics when they moved to OKC to have your answer for the majority of fans

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I root against OKC harder than I root against any rival in the NFC West.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
NO , just like when the Sonics left to Oklahoma , when the grizzles left Vancouver ? ( of course the grizzles were not doing much here when they left )

kearly

Reaction score
When the Sonics moved and changed mascots, I just stopped caring.

If the Seahawks moved, I'd probably just stop caring. If they kept the Seahawks mascot, then maybe I'd still care a little, but definitely way less.

sturg78

Reaction score
It would hurt. Very bad. I'd probably give up NFL and sick with college

garrylt4

Reaction score
I have lived in West Virginia my entire life and unless they moved here it would tick me off.

Omahawk

Reaction score
When a team moves, you absolutely cannot fault a person for continuing to love that team. I wouldn't recommend doing it but there's no shame in it at all. In the case of the Rams, they kept the name, the logo, the unique helmet, the colors... I don't see a problem with it at all. In the case of the Sonics, all of those things changed so it made the bandage a little bit easier to rip off. I immediately switched to a Blazers fan and the transition wasn't easy. But I don't live there so I guess I really can't judge. My city doesn't have a pro team.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
It would be like mom and dad dying the same day. Can't even breathe thinking about it.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I'd stop watching football.

And I don't see why keeping the mascot matters. I don't root for the Seahawks because the mascot. I root for them because of the location.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It almost happened when Ken Behring attempted to move them to LA. I remember that it felt like my heart was about to be ripped out of my chest. I also remember thinking about which team I would follow instead because there was no way I would support the thievery. Thank God, Paul Allen came to the rescue. Just like I will not support in any way shape or form that team the plays basketball in Oklahoma. I can't even say or type the name.

TAB420

Reaction score
That what all my Rams friends said when they moved. Then they started winning, and it was a different story. They hate them again now.

rcaido

Reaction score
I knew i should not have read this thread...Talk about opening old wounds....Basketball died when the Sonics was stolen from us. As for Seahawks leaving, ill be fan wherever Russell Wilson goes.