Seahawks 'confident' in return of Tjack, Kevin Williams

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, let's hope so. TJack might be the best possible backup for our system, and KW can provide great depth for the rotation.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Kevin Williams is a bonus. If we got T-Jack back, that would almost constitute a major move for me. He's one of the very top backups in the league, and could probably start for three quarters of the teams out there. To retain him as a backup in case Russell went down would be a great boon.

Largent80

Reaction score
Without Williams last year would not have been as fun. He filled a gigantic hole and played his ass off for a ring. Came up a stinking 3 feet short. He would be a huge signing and our D-Line right now is taking shape, and this before the draft.

T-Jack is that insurance you feel comfortable having, but not using.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Largent80":3mzxc4s2 said:
Without Williams last year would not have been as fun. He filled a gigantic hole and played his ass off for a ring. Came up a stinking 3 feet short. He would be a huge signing and our D-Line right now is taking shape, and this before the draft.

T-Jack is that insurance you feel comfortable having, but not using.

:13:

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":abth2d18 said:
Kevin Williams is a bonus. If we got T-Jack back, that would almost constitute a major move for me. He's one of the very top backups in the league, and could probably start for three quarters of the teams out there. To retain him as a backup in case Russell went down would be a great boon.

You are really saying that T-Jack is the 9th best qb in the league????

I will rank him around the 25-30 which makes for a great backup

AVL

Reaction score
He must want more than they think he's worth.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would wonder if B-Daniels or another backup qb is in our future. I do understand that TJack is a decent qb...but we are always prepping for the future....yanno.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sounds like more than depth concerning Williams. I'd guess Mebane might be cut loose if they can't rework his contract.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Williams was supposed to be depth last year. He logged a lot more snaps than the coaching staff initially projected.

It's not like he sucked or something. I wonder why he's not already signed up ?

JimmyG

Reaction score
Jackson is very solid, I hope he's back. A backup quarterback doesn't get much playing time, but man, you're really got with your pants down if you don't have a reliable one to fall back on. I agree that he's the ideal option, especially having started for us in 2011 and knowing the system.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":zcgqcbp0 said:

I'm not bashing this opinion at all, but what in Tjack's history makes you think he could start for other NFL teams?

m0ng0

Reaction score
mikeak":2r5qf1gb said:
Seahawk Sailor":2r5qf1gb said:

You are really saying that T-Jack is the 9th best qb in the league????

I will rank him around the 25-30 which makes for a great backup

I was thinking the same thing....lets not talk crazy here :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3j3f4y4f said:
Seahawk Sailor":3j3f4y4f said:

I'm not bashing this opinion at all, but what in Tjack's history makes you think he could start for other NFL teams?

Of course he "could" start for many other teams, but none of those teams want to finish in the bottom five of the NFL. GMs want to win, that is why Tarvaris is still unsigned. Tarvaris would have absolutely ZERO use to ANY team that doesn't run Bevell's system because Tarvaris would take too long to learn any other system. He sucks in a system he has been in for 10 freaking years, how good could he be in another system?

If Tarvaris is one of the best backups in the league, how the hell did he end up as the fifth string QB in Buffalo?...BUFFALO.

AVL

Reaction score
rideaducati":2okk24eb said:
Kennedyin92":2okk24eb said:
Seahawk Sailor":2okk24eb said:

Of course he "could" start for many other teams, but none of those teams want to finish in the bottom five of the NFL. GMs want to win, that is why Tarvaris is still unsigned. Tarvaris would have absolutely ZERO use to ANY team that doesn't run Bevell's system because Tarvaris would take too long to learn any other system. He sucks in a system he has been in for 10 freaking years, how good could he be in another system?

If Tarvaris is one of the best backups in the league, how the hell did he end up as the fifth string QB in Buffalo?...BUFFALO.

He may not have been activated for any games with the Bills, but they gave him a half mill roster bonus just before they cut him.

drdiags

Reaction score
Depends on what qualifies in folks mind of the meaning "starter". TJack did start most of the season in 2011 for a 7-9 Seahawks team. He has started for the Vikings and even started in a playoff game. So the idea that he cannot be a starter in a league that has had worse starting QBs is just showing a disdain for some TBD reason for Jackson.

Hopefully he heads on down the road, so those having nightmares that he somehow gets pushed into a starter's role here due to unexpected circumstances can relax.

For those hoping to have a Steve Young backing up Montana scenario, good luck with that dream.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jackson was a project and it never panned out. He is a journeyman in the mold of a Charlie Batch, who probably was slightly better than TJack. I think you can use him in a solid backup role. Unless BJ Daniels or some draftee steps it up, TJack seems a safe bet for a short term starter and competent backup.

But he has scarred the psyche of some so bad they have become zealots in shouting him down. Sort of like the guy who hated Harvin to the utmost. Or the guy that thinks Wilson can do no wrong.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I expect Tarvaris to be re-signed by the Hawks after the draft and that would be the prudent thing to do. He's about the best back-up you could ask for in our system