SB49 what ifs: Golden Tate?

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
INB4 Everyone tells him to move on when they could have just skipped the obv sb 49 thread.

And yes, Tate would have helped.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I wish Kearse wouldn't have made that circus catch, at this point

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Didnt take long, eh? Never fails. Suddenly people can just come be rude and make unrelated comments on SB 49 threads as that is now the .NET status quo.

TAB420

Reaction score
And, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If we'd had Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Percy Harvin and a healthy Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor & Jeremy Lane the game wouldn't even have been close.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mmmmkay. The article linked has nothing to do with the subject title.

Do I think Tate has a better shot at catching that ball than Lockette ? Yes, yes Capt. Obvious, I do.

So would Megatron, Odell Beckam, Jimmy Graham, Kelvin Benjamin, and hell Mathews would've had a better shot at it too. Moving on...........

olyfan63

Reaction score
Speaking of Matthews... If Matthews had been in the game, Browner would have been on him, and Kearse would have had more success getting off the line to run a pick against any other NE DB. He wasn't, Kearse didn't, pick happened, next.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Also, what if Paul Richardson hadn't torn his ACL?

What if Cliff Avril hadn't sustained a concussion that took him out of the game?

What if Kam Chancellor hadn't injured himself during the last practice before the SB?

What if Earl hadn't landed awkwardly in the NFCCG and messed up his shoulder?

What if Lane hadn't gotten injured after that first pick?

I think people put far too much emphasis on that final play. Given what we had to overcome from the previous few weeks, it's remarkable that we were in that position to begin with.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TAB420":nm5gxnth said:
And, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

What if they were added in a reverse Bruce Jenner procedure, but she still stayed married to your uncle?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Can you imagine how different this team would be had we drafted Calvin Johnson a few years ago? What if Russell Wilson was this good and 6'3"? Gosh, where would we be if we'd just given Jim Mora one more year? Why couldn't there have been instant replay when Testaverde's helmet crossed the goalline?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Didn't need Tate. Didn't need 2007 Randy Moss. Didn't need Jerry Rice in his prime. Run play, championship. The end.

Playing the Butterfly Effect beyond that just prolongs your pain. Best to move on.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't know or think he would have changed the final play.

However, I do think we might have gained more than 6 total return yards from all punts and kickoffs received.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3mm25kit said:

What if Cliff Avril hadn't sustained a concussion that took him out of the game?

What if Kam Chancellor hadn't injured himself during the last practice before the SB?

I think people put far too much emphasis on that final play. Given what we had to overcome from the previous few weeks, it's remarkable that we were in that position to begin with.

What if we just ran the ball? Or Kearse hangs on to that long 3rd down throw?

I'm with you. If it's worth revisiting the "what if's" it makes more sense to focus on the pertinent ones with the players on the team.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'd rather have Jimmy Graham on the team than Golden Tate and if you asked RW, JC, and PC I think they'd agree. The bottom line is you can't keep every player and Graham would have helped more in the Super Bowl than Tate.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":bztslf9c said:
volsunghawk":bztslf9c said:

What if we just ran the ball? Or Kearse hangs on to that long 3rd down throw?

I'm with you. If it's worth revisiting the "what if's" it makes more sense to focus on the pertinent ones with the players on the team.

And if you're going to focus on people NOT on the team, what if Malcolm Butler didn't make an incredible play and either got beat or just knocked the ball down?

In the end, the what ifs don't matter at all. It was a great game. Either team could have won. They made one more play than we did at the end. That's it. And I suppose that's why it's been so easy for me to move on from it.