Honest.. How many times have you watched the "Death Strike"?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The last pass in the NFCCG? I'm well over a hundred I'm sure... bordering on psychotic... I can't see it enough times. I can't watch it just once. I HAVE to rewind it like 15 times mouthing Russ's cadence... "CHECK 50, CHECK 50"... "hike hike... HIKE!!"...

It will NEVER.... get old...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I watched it live and watched it many of times since on nfl replay...in fact yesterday. Kearse looked awful and to me shown he is not a legit number 2 guys the last 2 games of the season but came up huge with 2 big catches in the both games. Unfortunately the last pass of the last game will be the one remembered....

BlueBlood

Reaction score
100 times before the Superb Owl, none since. That NFCCG was epic, incredible and amazing wrapped in a ball of epic WIN. However, the choke job in the Superb Owl has left me not wanting to think about last season at all.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3r737ok4 said:
That NFCCG was epic, incredible and amazing wrapped in a ball of epic WIN.

You summed it up right there...

And as far as the Super Bowl goes, it's over. We don't own the rights to crushing losses. Many, many teams have that scar in their psyche... Builds character God Damnit... Everybody knows we're the best damn team in the league, and I dare you to find someone to argue that FACT (outside of NE). We got a whole bitchin' season staring us in the face, and the last thing I'm gonna do is focus on that damn game...

Time to move on... It's been long enough...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
BlueBlood":wpwld6p9 said:
100 times before the Superb Owl, none since. That NFCCG was epic, incredible and amazing wrapped in a ball of epic WIN. However, the choke job in the Superb Owl has left me not wanting to think about last season at all.

Yep, 28-24, in it until the last play of the Super Bowl. Such an awful season.

I mean, be how you want to be, but...

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
At least 15 times in slow mo. The last quarter of that game was one for the ages and the whole world had to watch the Seahawks. It was hard to understand what I was watching unfold, and was so happy we made it back to the Superbowl. I almost wrote it off as a loss the end to great season. Never give up!

What made it even better was that we ruined Erin Rodgers day.

W NWf3kQvaQU Fb55dbeo6QaeJPPxyV9A A4YwUU9dgs9BIFbQ

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":22ml4iom said:
At least 15 times in slow mo. The last quarter of that game was one for the ages and the whole world had to watch the Seahawks. It was hard to understand what I was watching unfold, and was so happy we made it back to the Superbowl. I almost wrote it off as a loss the end to great season. Never give up!

What made it even better was that we ruined Erin Rodgers day.

W NWf3kQvaQU Fb55dbeo6QaeJPPxyV9A A4YwUU9dgs9BIFbQ

Have to respect Rodgers' game though. The guy is so calm under pressure, look at his last drive in the NFCC. I think he's been the best pure passer in the game while having the athleticism to scramble.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Laloosh":ixwkludt said:
Have to respect Rodgers' game though. The guy is so calm under pressure, look at his last drive in the NFCC. I think he's been the best pure passer in the game while having the athleticism to scramble.

Hey, I loves me some Aaron Rodgers... As a fan of the game, you gotta give props where need be... He'da looked damn fine in Seahawks blue...

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Oh, I agree, and have mad respect for Rogers. He is the everything you want in a star QB. He is very calm and collected and makes few mistakes when the iron is hot. Green Bay is very lucky to have someone of his caliber at the helm. He's got a ring on the finger to prove his worth. Just fun to poke the fire stick at the Pack. They were punching their ticket to the SB and probably would have gave NE a run for their money. The Hawks combined skill and dumb luck into a victory. That is what was so incredible about that game. :D

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've watched it a lot. To be honest, I could do without it. I'd probably live happier knowing we lost in the NFC Championship game, than losing like we did in the SuperBowl.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1qhakmok said:
And as far as the Super Bowl goes, it's over. We don't own the rights to crushing losses. Many, many teams have that scar in their psyche... Builds character God Damnit... Everybody knows we're the best damn team in the league, and I dare you to find someone to argue that FACT (outside of NE). We got a whole bitchin' season staring us in the face, and the last thing I'm gonna do is focus on that damn game...

Time to move on... It's been long enough...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Yep, and to be perfectly honest?, it wasn't actually the whole game that soured up for most people.
It came down to one bad play....ONE.
I'm thinking that when our injury riddled Defense regroups and gets back to good health, they will have yet another Year under their belts and the continuity will make them even harder to beat.
Not going to let that one bad play define who I am as a Seahawks fan, so I have already gotten shed of the miseries, and have already let go of the negative crap.
If there are any Cheatriots fans that are feeding off the downer feelings?, they'll starve to death off me. :twisted:
I am already stoked for another wild ride next Season. :thirishdrinkers:

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2askms3y said:
Throwdown":2askms3y said:
No love or respect for Ariana Rodgers over here, dudes a complete broad

I'd love to hear what you'd have to say about Sherm were he not a Hawk... :p ;)

I've never seen Sherman act like a douche and then cry when things didn't go his way. I'm sure I'd love Sherman, I love players with loud personalities.

original poster

Reaction score
It was my greatest sporting memory ever. Literally in total shock when it happened as I'm sure everyone was!

Crizilla

Reaction score
It is pretty nice to know that we have the NFC Championship to lean back onto since you know....yeah......g-go m-mariners...