Revised roster up over at seahawks.com

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting that they currently list only 3 offensive tackles ... Okung, Britt and Gilliam.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster[/urltargetblank]

Looks like they are going to look at Perkins at CB again. Deshawn Shead is listed as a strong safety.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Most likely because Bailey will be taking Carpenter's spot at Left Guard. He'll also be depth at the tackle position if necessary, but he's likely slotted to compete for the starting guard slot this season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kidhawk":2hzjjv3g said:
Most likely because Bailey will be taking Carpenter's spot at Left Guard. He'll also be depth at the tackle position if necessary, but he's likely slotted to compete for the starting guard slot this season.
I hope that he shows up in shape!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ddkczcl said:
kidhawk":2ddkczcl said:

He'll be in shape....the only question really is which shape?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":128jviqn said:
kidhawk":128jviqn said:
Hopefully ..... third times a charm for Bailey.

With 4 centers and 7 guards listed and only 3 tackles, I would infer that they will be drafting a couple of offensive tackles again this year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Jville":gf9wkp0v said:
Interesting that they currently list only 3 offensive tackles ... Okung, Britt and Gilliam.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster[/urltargetblank]

Looks like they are going to look at Perkins at CB again. Deshawn Shead is listed as a strong safety.

With Bailey the projected starter at LG, they are currently razor thin at OT.

You can usually count on Okung to miss time every year due to injury. Plus, he is a FA after this year with indeterminate market value.

Britt has short arms arms and struggles to move laterally in pass pro, allowing the 2nd most pressures in the league. I love his upside as a run blocker but guard might be his best position in the long run.

Gilliam has played offensive line for less than two years. Intriguing upside but still a huge wild card.

All this adds up to why OT is a Top 3 position of need in this draft.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":2xtwelba said:
onanygivensunday":2xtwelba said:
kidhawk":2xtwelba said:
Hopefully ..... third times a charm for Bailey.

With 4 centers and 7 guards listed and only 3 tackles, I would infer that they will be drafting a couple of offensive tackles again this year.

He saw what happened to Bowie last year. Guy needs a personal chef and a brutal trainer.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Kind of like James Carpenter in year 4?

I can't help but wonder if the Seahawks might be paying a price for accommodating James Carpenter all those years. Certainly didn't set a good example. Hopefully Jimmy Staten will also show up in better condition in his second year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jean-Pierre is listed on the active roster at center....isn't he a FA? If he's on the team then that's good news at that position.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":32aqt6cf said:

I can't help but wonder if the Seahawks might be paying a price for accommodating James Carpenter all those years. Certainly didn't set a good example. Hopefully Jimmy Staten will also show up in better condition in his second year.

In fairness to the coaches and staff, Carp came into his rookie season way out of shape because of the lock out and IIRC the two off-seasons after that he was recovering from injury. They were forced a bit to accommodate him.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1j5j3q00 said:
Jville":1j5j3q00 said:

In fairness to the coaches and staff, Carp came into his rookie season way out of shape because of the lock out and IIRC the two off-seasons after that he was recovering from injury. They were forced a bit to accommodate him.

IIRC the staff had reservations about how quickly they tried to bring him back. So, the feeling of an obligation to get Carpenter right settled in by way of taking care of Carpenter's career. Now that James has departed and has his big contract, it will be interesting to see how the Seahawk staff deals with conditioning issues this year.