Looks like Bruce got into trouble..(April Fool's Joke)

blue 22

Reaction score
@BIrvin_WVU11: Before this hits the media I just wanna apologize to my fans and the @Seahawks organization once again. I made a terrible decision b driving

@BIrvin_WVU11: After I had a few drinks. I will do everything to get ur trust back and will become a better person after this.

OP
OP
blue 22

blue 22

Reaction score
Damn April fools... !!!!! I fell for it... Stupid joke bruce

Feel free to delete this.

naholmes

Reaction score
I thought a joke should be funny. Next time stick to the Jimmy fade material.

Seafan

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":wry3lra4 said:
I checked it out too.. hopefully he doesn't get too much slack over it.

Hopefully he gets a lot of "slack" and little "flack".

titan3131

Reaction score
hopefully this is ammo to make him sign for cheap.

Exhibit one your a moron: Twitter feed.

KPA

Reaction score
Having a drunk driver kill a family member almost 6 years ago, I didn't find it amusing.

Maybe he can joke about molesting children next...

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
It's April flippin fools day. Have a sense of humor, geez. It's what I hate about social media these days. No one has a sense of humor anymore.

kidhawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":20xibsfd said:
It's April flippin fools day. Have a sense of humor, geez. It's what I hate about social media these days. No one has a sense of humor anymore.

Agreed. Although I am no fan of April Fool's day, mainly because of inane things like this tweet by Irvin, I take everything today with a grain of salt. The day is only 24 hours long and anything that happens today that is real will still be just as real tomorrow and the rest will go away.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3q2ev1jn said:

because DWIs are so funny...

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably. Many Seahawk fans I imagine.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

Hell, tweet you're being traded or something.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I believe nothing I hear or read today.

That said, it wasn't really that funny. Maybe making a joke about breaking his leg while skiing or something, but it just wasn't funny and I can see how it offends anyone who has been touched by tragedy from a DWI.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1e0020y1 said:
dumbrabbit":1e0020y1 said:

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and play ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

With all due respect sir, and everyone who has had lives ruined because of them.

Bruce had a legal history and wanted to make a joke out of it. I guess he could have done it differently, but damn, it's April fools. Whether or not it was funny, he wouldn't joke about any other day, sir and he knows he can offend people like that.

He apologized now. But let's not be PC on April Fools day(Cue all the political hate posts)

Just one day out of the entire calendar can we have a sense of humor? It's April Fools Day.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":qjst660h said:
Uncle Si":qjst660h said:
dumbrabbit":qjst660h said:

Lives have been destroyed by drinking and driving. I mean destroyed, devastated irreparably.

Sure, its a joke, and noone seems to be saying anything more than it was a stupid one. But it's offensive, inconsiderate and play ignorant to a. make the joke and b. castigate those pointing out as being humorless.

With all due respect sir, and everyone who has had lives ruined because of them.

Bruce had a legal history and wanted to make a joke out of it. I guess he could have done it differently, but damn, it's April fools. He wouldn't joke about any other day, sir and he knows he can offend people like that.

Just one day out of the entire calendar can we have a sense of humor? It's April Fools Day.

I get it, son. It's just not funny, son, to make a joke, regardless of the day, about something many people see as a tragedy. You and I can probably get away with it. But the man has tens of thousands of fans. Showing no regard for their feelings on the matter is inconsiderate, son.

I struggle that people are defending it? It was just plain stupid. Not calling for him to be cut, or even disciplined by the team. I just think the joke was stupid, in poor taste, and utterly unfunny, on a day when people can be inventive in their humor.