Walter jones, Russell Wilson, Ahman green, and more

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
They have Zach Thomas over Richard Sherman at 154.

With Ahman green being the best 76 ever drafted I guess you don't want to be on the clock at that position. He's just about the weakest player listed, IMO.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane is the runner up at 85 (to Cleveland Elam).

Richard Sherman is the runner up at 154 (to Zach Thomas).

kearly

Reaction score
Come on J, no Jerry Rice? :D

Another worth mentioning from the list is Raheem Brock, who had the best season of his career in Seattle.

JSeahawks":1gk0yy3j said:

With Ahman green being the best 76 ever drafted I guess you don't want to be on the clock at that position. He's just about the weakest player listed, IMO.

Zach Thomas was a great player, but Sherman is probably going to own that spot if this list is done again in 20 years.

Regarding Ahman Green, he's currently sandwiched between Earl Campbell and Marshawn Lynch on the NFL all time Rushing leaderboard, and he's the all-time leading rusher in Packers history. Four pro-bowls. He's probably on the upper half of this list, if we're talking resume. Not that he was great, but he doesn't sniff the end of this list.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1rw5e74r said:

Another worth mentioning from the list is Raheem Brock, who had the best season of his career in Seattle.

JSeahawks":1rw5e74r said:

Zach Thomas was a great player, but Sherman is probably going to own that spot if this list is done again
Agreed.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":17km0zjz said:

JSeahawks":17km0zjz said:

Zach Thomas was a great player, but Sherman is probably going to own that spot if this list is done again in 20 years.

Regarding Ahman Green, he's currently sandwiched between Earl Campbell and Marshawn Lynch on the NFL all time Rushing leaderboard, and he's the all-time leading rusher in Packers history. Four pro-bowls. He's probably on the upper half of this list, if we're talking resume. Not that he was great, but he doesn't sniff the end of this list.

Hmm, I guess I underestimated his career. I knew he had a couple decent years in green bsy but didn't know he put up those numbers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":286pphpb said:
kearly":286pphpb said:

JSeahawks":286pphpb said:

Hmm, I guess I underestimated his career. I knew he had a couple decent years in green bsy but didn't know he put up those numbers.
Yeah, it was regarded a huge whiff even WITH Alexander going insane in 2010. Only Green getting his huge injury mollified most and there were still doubters in more than one corner.

JimmyG

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1qje8mos said:
I don't know, I think you're selling Ahman Green a little bit short. From 2000-2004, his per-season average was:
1370 yards (4.7 Y/A)
10 rushing TDs
56 catches
438 receiving yards (7.8 Y/C)
3 receiving TDs

This includes his absurd 2003 season, which looked like this:
1883 yards (5.3 Y/A), 15 rushing TDs, 50 catches for 367 yards (6.9 Y/C) and 2 receiving TDs

Compare that to Beast's averages during his four seasons in Seattle:
1339 yards (4.5 Y/A)
12 rushing TDs
31 catches
273 receiving yards (8.8 Y/C)
2 receiving TDs

Now, I'm not saying that Green is better than Lynch has been in Seattle, but Ahman was a force to be reckoned with in Green Bay.