Two Sport Russell

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484955/article/russell-wilson-i-would-honestly-play-two-sports[/urltargetblank]

Similar article from NFL.com about this. Doesn't sound like anything more than optimistic musing by our quarterback right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of Russ talking about this? He has the right to talk about it, but lets be honest, it isn't happening. Unless he wants to take a year off from the NFL to play baseball. There is no chance he can play both in the same year.

Just drop it Russ.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I watched him play here in the Tri-Cities. He will not be playing two sports. I think he hit below .200 here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":4x58yp3m said:
I watched him play here in the Tri-Cities. He will not be playing two sports. I think he hit below .200 here.

You can play two sports without both being at the Major League level. If he really wanted to do it, he'd likely be in a minor league organization and would only play during the off season.

I still don't see it happening for him, just because of the risk factor. It's unlikely a team would allow their starting qb to do this. Any other position, maybe, but not your starting qb. He's just too valuable to your franchise.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
What are the chances that he hired a baseball agent to try and sway the Seahawks to see if Russell could maybe play some baseball even if it's a few ups at bat a game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He can't hit a curve ball so he wouldn't make a major league roster and I doubt he'd sign on to be in the minors.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":307peyre said:
Am I the only one who is getting a little tired of Russ talking about this? He has the right to talk about it, but lets be honest, it isn't happening. Unless he wants to take a year off from the NFL to play baseball. There is no chance he can play both in the same year.

Just drop it Russ.

If he brings it up unprompted i agree. If he is asked about it in an interview he should talk about it.

cacksman

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":26h5dpin said:
Leverage move, albeit not a convincing one at all

It's not even that.

It's literally nothing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I chalk this one up to Russell being Russell.

He's a hyper confident and competitive guy, so of course he'd never admit he's done with baseball.............even though his lifetime .230 batting average in A ball says otherwise.

AVL

Reaction score
It's a great strategy to avoid being franchised. You should never franchise a quarterback anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
The smell of leather and fresh cut grass never goes away.

It triggers thoughts of baseball every spring.

It will return to him every spring.

I can assure all of you ...... it's a lifelong affliction.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AVL":9ewonshw said:
It's a great strategy to avoid being franchised. You should never franchise a quarterback anyway.

Well he's gonna get franchised if we can't come to an agreement on a new deal next year............and the year after that too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maybe he just wants to see what JS does about the oline before he commits?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am sure the Hawks will put in his contract no other major sports. He might be doing this just for negotiation tactics. Just something else "he has to give up".

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rideaducati":2b4vij55 said:
He can't hit a curve ball so he wouldn't make a major league roster and I doubt he'd sign on to be in the minors.

He is too short...they cant throw a strike at him. :twisted:

On a short note.....I played little league and I was SHORT....we put me butt to ankles and they always walked me. When you have a 2 inch strike zone...he he he.

Jville

Reaction score
Thoughts of baseball are common every spring.

For all you Brady fans, Tom Brady still thinks about baseball every spring.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000485130/article/tom-brady-throws-out-ceremonial-first-pitch-at-fenway[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/587700187839275009[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/587693386997616640[/tweet]