NFLNW replay of Hawks vs Raiders 11-30-87.....

irocdave

Reaction score
I was home sick as a dog Monday and was camped out on the couch. Flipped to the NFLNW and low and behold, a full replay of that Monday night debacle. It brought back so many memories of watching that game live. For the Bosworth haters, go watch that game. He played his ass off and was making plays left and right. The announcers were great and the overall tone was HTF were the Raiders doing this to a dominate Hawks squad. If you can find the replay do so. The Hawks were kicking ass and taking names in those years and the announcers were in shock at how Bo was performing.

For the ignorant trolling posters that scour this site for BS to drag back to your favorite hole / site, listen to the announcers talk about how historically load the Kingdome was. Yea, it was quite for almost 3 quarters but if you watched the entire game you would know why. Bo was the MAN that night.

Here's a cliff note description of what happened in that game.
http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/clas ... son87.html

seahawksny

Reaction score
irocdave":12155d68 said:
I was home sick as a dog Monday and was camped out on the couch. Flipped to the NFLNW and low and behold, a full replay of that Monday night debacle. It brought back so many memories of watching that game live. For the Bosworth haters, go watch that game. He played his ass off and was making plays left and right. The announcers were great and the overall tone was HTF were the Raiders doing this to a dominate Hawks squad. If you can find the replay do so. The Hawks were kicking ass and taking names in those years and the announcers were in shock at how Bo was performing.

For the ignorant trolling posters that scour this site for BS to drag back to your favorite hole / site, listen to the announcers talk about how historically load the Kingdome was. Yea, it was quite for almost 3 quarters but if you watched the entire game you would know why. Bo was the MAN that night.

Here's a cliff note description of what happened in that game.
http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/clas ... son87.html

Historically loud that that VERY COMPETITIVE Raiders team, who in 84 won the super Bowl, had lost 6 straight there.
Im sure John Elway would say the same thing, that it was a nightmare to play there.

Nahhhh the fans arent loud at all. Its all piped in - Bunch of TOOLS

Uncle Si

Reaction score
When full, the Kingdome was alot of fun.

When not, it was a pit (I mean it was a pit anyways, but when it was full, it was fun.. and loud). Lots of good memories there, but the new parks are airplanes to blimps in comparison.

Largent80

Reaction score
That was my Birthday and I was at that game. Nightmare present from the Hawks. And Bo runnin' up the tunnel. Blech.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
The Kingdome was a dump, but my point was in 1987 it was a well established fact in the NFL that the Seattle home crowd was incredibly loud and that the Hawks were considered a franchise that was to be respected. This is directed at our history challenged niner faithful that like to think they understand all things NFL from every era. The same fans that bashed the Hawks since being forced out of the AFC because n their mind there is zero history and crowd noise and that Hawk fandom started yesterday. Yea, the toiletzone is the target for this thread.