Seat Upgrades

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
I was surprised at how many seats were available during the upgrade process. I was able to move from 324 to 123.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome! Just curious how did you know when your date was to try and upgrade? There is nothing in my account Manager, and I haven't gotten any email about it.

OP
OP
O

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
I got an email on Wednesday saying my time was this morning at 9am.
Logged on an did the upgrade and used the map view. I had a lot of choices. Decided on row W because I also got aisle seats

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
any idea how long the wait is for season tix? I swear I signed up at some point.

mikeak

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":2dbhidq5 said:
Logged on an did the upgrade and used the map view. I had a lot of choices. Decided on row W because I also got aisle seats

You don't want to be to far down in those seats anyways so sounds like a smart decision

I wonder if people moved over to the new Toyota seats and that led to some shifting around... surprised otherwise that people give up their seats

tooshort

Reaction score
I couldn't access the system ,some kind of glitch exists if you have both Legacy (5+ year) and regular (4 or less) on the same account. My Ticket rep was awesome though, got my upperdeck 340 AA seats moved to near the aisle row Q of section 124 (where my 4th row "legacy" seats already are). Nice to have everything in the same neighborhood!!

tooshort

Reaction score
mikeak":1h3t2saf said:
OlyHawkFan":1h3t2saf said:

You don't want to be to far down in those seats anyways so sounds like a smart decision

I wonder if people moved over to the new Toyota seats and that led to some shifting around... surprised otherwise that people give up their seats

While I will admit that sitting fourth row in the South Endzone (right by the Hawks tunnel) leaves you a bit clueless to the spot of the ball on the northside drives, I wouldn't trade these seats for almost anything. Beastquake 1 came right at me and ended less than ten yards away, "The tip" was less than ten yards away, the "miracle Kearse" was about 20 yards away, and there are at least 100 other great plays that I've witnessed from closer than TV replays get you. Pregame warmups are right there in that 10-20 yards away area, you can feel the heat of the introduction flames, postgame interviews are generally within 15 yards. Plus, (along with the gloves,towels and other game used random crap i have caught as players run off the field post game), I've had Momma Lynch, Momma Sherm, Branton (bro Sherm), and countless other "lesser" players family members sit next to or right behind me.

Lower level view...Higher level experience. To each their own :thirishdrinkers:

Riley12

Reaction score
mikeak":1y5rd0xi said:

That could be part of it. I also remember hearing (although my hearing isn't the best) that they were booting ticket brokers, or companies that were exclusively ticket brokers, from a lot of seats. In the early days of the stadium it was because of them that we avoided not seeing games on local television, now it has gotten to the point where it is annoying to have so many seats on the secondary market when so many people want season tickets to actually attend the games.

Also- I agree with tooshort. I love being close-ish (Row T) to the field. I get the other views and the analysis of plays when I rewatch the game on the DVR. The visceral, in stadium experience to me is the rumble of the crowd and watching/hearing all of the stuff going on with the Seahawks during the game on the sideline.

mikeak

Reaction score
tooshort":17z0urz0 said:
mikeak":17z0urz0 said:
OlyHawkFan":17z0urz0 said:

While I will admit that sitting fourth row in the South Endzone (right by the Hawks tunnel) leaves you a bit clueless to the spot of the ball on the northside drives, I wouldn't trade these seats for almost anything. Beastquake 1 came right at me and ended less than ten yards away, "The tip" was less than ten yards away, the "miracle Kearse" was about 20 yards away, and there are at least 100 other great plays that I've witnessed from closer than TV replays get you. Pregame warmups are right there in that 10-20 yards away area, you can feel the heat of the introduction flames, postgame interviews are generally within 15 yards. Plus, (along with the gloves,towels and other game used random crap i have caught as players run off the field post game), I've had Momma Lynch, Momma Sherm, Branton (bro Sherm), and countless other "lesser" players family members sit next to or right behind me.

Lower level view...Higher level experience. To each their own :thirishdrinkers:

I understand that perspective of things. Inagural season I had tickets right over the player tunnel basically first section of the curve so not the straight. The view of that side was fantastic and TO did the infamous football signing eight in front of us (yeah not the tip).

My thought today though is still hat I go to see the game so I prefer 10-15 rows up but to each their own.

To Riley about booting brokers. I don't see it how do they prove it and many casual fans are selling lots of tickets.

Riley12

Reaction score
mikeak":1ndljt9t said:
To Riley about booting brokers. I don't see it how do they prove it and many casual fans are selling lots of tickets.

I had those same thoughts when I first heard the "news". Probably just a random rumor.

hawksmode

Reaction score
I am curious what year season ticket holder people are that are getting to move already.

I got my email today for Wednesday...I am on year 9.

Boiler

Reaction score
hawksmode":ow0hzfp7 said:
I am curious what year season ticket holder people are that are getting to move already.

I'm scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday), and I'm on year 10. Last few years there hasn't been much left when my time came around.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Boiler":2jo464af said:
hawksmode":2jo464af said:

I'm scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday), and I'm on year 10. Last few years there hasn't been much left when my time came around.

Thanks, and yeah...I am not expecting much. I have 3 sets of 2 seats and would like to move 4 together or really close to eachother..I know, tough,...but the add of seats and the rumor of cutting back on brokers, should help. I saw blocks of 10 on ticketexchange...that was crazy and BS

tacomahawk

Reaction score
smoothmaw":1hx7ffjr said:
My date is the 30th anyone notice if the Toyota section was filling up or available?

I just pulled the trigger on two seats up there, I figured what the hell I will give it a try. I got row 6, so I wouldn't say it is filling up really fast, but people are moving there.

hawksmode

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1z0sqxjh said:
smoothmaw":1z0sqxjh said:
My date is the 30th anyone notice if the Toyota section was filling up or available?

I just pulled the trigger on two seats up there, I figured what the hell I will give it a try. I got row 6, so I wouldn't say it is filling up really fast, but people are moving there.

I got 324 ( Toyota area ) row J - they say that is 4 rows up.... :) ...these tix were 340AA

I kept my 340 k and 315 H as there was nothing better. But that can change, don't forget...people are moving for the better...and some for the lower price...so you could still get a good seat.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ok, a stupid question as I have no other way of putting this, Can you when your number/name/card is called go for the lower priced/lower quality seating? And the big question, do they give you a second chance to go back and try to upgrade/downgrade after some have changed their positions on the seating issue?

Ignorance is bliss, stupidity is well trained....I have been trained.......

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
OlyHawkFan":1lais3dw said:
I was surprised at how many seats were available during the upgrade process. I was able to move from 324 to 123.

Congrats on the upgrade. I'm so jealous!!

only 11374 people ahead of me on the Blue Pride list.