Got that feelin' again

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Like this season is going to be really special. I had the same feeling before 2013. It was similar before 2014, but not quite the same. Maybe it's just something about a tough, tough loss ending our season, but this *feels* just a lot like 2013 where everyone is coming together and seem to be bonded tighter than ever as they work towards a singular goal. Obviously a couple of guys are going to get paid, but I just have that same confidence that we're going to win a superbowl again.

I can't really quantify it other than how our players are just coming together more than ever even after the hardest loss to swallow I've ever seen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Are you Feelin' Alright? Feelin' Groovy? Do you Feel like we Do? It's clear that it does not Feel like the First Time? Can you Fight this Feeling anymore? At least you've not lost that Lovin feeling? Maybe you Feel like Makin' Love?

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1dc1i6n9 said:
Are you Feelin' Alright? Feelin' Groovy? Do you Feel like we Do? It's clear that it does not Feel like the First Time? Can you Fight this Feeling anymore? At least you've not lost that Lovin feeling? Maybe you Feel like Makin' Love?
Somehow I knew this post was inevitable. :lol:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Not a bad feeling given that the defense looks on paper like the best in the league for the 4th straight year and the offense finally added the big, dynamic receiver it has been missing. Looks like a championship contender to me.

:th2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm feeling like some raspberries were passed along.

There are similarities to 2013 after the tough loss in Atlanta. This time though nobody is going to take the Seahawks for granted.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2o3prciq said:
I'm feeling like some raspberries were passed along.

There are similarities to 2013 after the tough loss in Atlanta. This time though nobody is going to take the Seahawks for granted.

Yep! That and the late season home loss to Arizona in our SuperB Owl year that brought the team back down to earth.

These boys got slapped hard in the last seconds of the Superbowl, and that kind of burn don''t go away.

Which also means that the NFCCG will likely be a bitter, hard-fought battle between the Seahawks and the (in a Steve Sabol voice) Green Bay Packers! The NFL's new rivalry will have plenty of fans on both side of the ball and the field!

EDIT: Brock and Salk talk about this very thing in this podcast about 12:00 minutes in:

Adrian Peterson will be reinstated by the NFL today, how will it change the landscape of the NFC West if he lands in Arizona? Plus - ESPN NFL Analyst Herm Edwards joins the show with a look at the QB's in this years NFL draft class. Later - Britt McHenry lost her cool in a private moment, is it fair to vilify her?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Vin.
I trust your feeling, for whatever that's worth.
Maybe going into last season, we were all feeling our own kind of Super Bowl Hangover and still in a surreal, happy stupor. Face it, we've never had the sensation of being King of the Hiill before, so it was a little awkward in a sense.
My opinion is that Hawks fans kind of used that underdog mentality like ADB as a motivating fuel and grew attached to the mindset that we had to knock off the favorite to open the disbelieving eyes of the public at large. When we did that, it took us until we were dethroned to rekindle that drive that you are feeling again.

pmedic920

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1k7id1oj said:
Uncle Si":1k7id1oj said:
Somehow I had a feeling this post was inevitable. :lol:
FIFY

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ea0ubj5 said:
Like this season is going to be really special. I had the same feeling before 2013. It was similar before 2014, but not quite the same. Maybe it's just something about a tough, tough loss ending our season, but this *feels* just a lot like 2013 where everyone is coming together and seem to be bonded tighter than ever as they work towards a singular goal. Obviously a couple of guys are going to get paid, but I just have that same confidence that we're going to win a superbowl again.

I can't really quantify it other than how our players are just coming together more than ever even after the hardest loss to swallow I've ever seen.
Like you I called it the spring on 2013, Ive never felt so sure about anything in life life, the Hawks were winning the Super Bowl no doubt in my mind that year, and then when they curbstomped Denver, man what a feeling of euphoria. :)

Last year I felt they could make it back if they stayed healthy (which I thought they'd have a hard time doing) and the OC didn't muck it up too bad (he saved his worst for last unfortunately). I didn't fear injuries the year before because the team was so deep. Lack of quality ready depth along with a boner play call cost Seattle in XLIX.

So far I don't have any cant miss gut feelings other than they are going to be very good. O-line is a concern and the LOB coming of of a ton of injuries is concerning. IMHO the offense is going to have to carry the defense this upcoming year, that's why I feel the O-line is the key to going to the playoffs or going to a third straight Super Bowl.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We're in a position to contend for the George Halas trophy every year now. Hard not to feel good about the future. Even for me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
vin.couve12":32ltxprj said:

It's weird but I have a similar feeling, because like then I'm thinking they're good for about 11-5 and in for a dog fight just to win the division. And historically it's always been when I'm not confident about my teams they do something incredible.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Uncle Si":np6a2ujh said:

I feel good, so good... I feel Coke as well.

Rocket

Reaction score
vin.couve12":12yro2ow said:
Uncle Si":12yro2ow said:
Somehow I knew this post was inevitable. :lol:
{censored}
but it was good.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1zi5il1n said:

What a feeling, being's believin'
I can have it all, now I'm dancing for my life
Take your passion and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life