Your vote for current Hawks MVP (has this been done lately?)

Your vote for current Hawks MVP (has this been done lately?)

• Russell Wilson

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Bobby Wagner

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

byau

Reaction score
The way I answer this question is ... without the MVP in the lineup the team takes the biggest fall, or basically keeping the MVP and taking anyone else out of the lineup we still get the farthest

e.g. Without Earl Thomas (everyone else is intact) how far do we get? Without Marshawn Lynch and everyone else intact how far do we get? Without Russell Wilson?

Limited poll answers to the pro-bowl and all-pro caliber players.

This came up in my mind with the ongoing story about Russell's contract. And got me thinking about who's gotten paid, and how that's a sign of respect and how much a team values someone, and that it also has to be relative to the market value of that position (which makes Russell's contract so interesting)

And got me thinking, who is the Seahawks most valuable player?

Interesting discussion in my head and I ended up choosing Russell Wilson as my team MVP. My criteria ended up being the below

* Depth-wise on the team, the biggest drop off to me of 1st string to 2nd string is at the QB position.
* the one person who will touch the ball the most is also the QB.
* the defense, while the all-pros we have are AWESOME, if one were not on the team, his backup + the rest of the defense would be able to compensate more than the the backup QB and the rest of the offense.
* the same is true for Marshawn's backup + the rest of the offense vs Russell's backup + the rest of the offense

My second choice I think would be Bobby Wags MLB or possibly Marshawn Lynch for the way he really holds the team together to a level of nastiness and physicality.

What are your thoughts?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Wilson.
This team turned around in a big way when he arrived. He was the missing piece.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I went with what 6 of the 12 voices in my head said. The other 6 are still arguing. I dont understand this. I hope you did not have this kind of situation when you were arguing with yourself. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":35a3mgqz said:
Wilson.
This team turned around in a big way when he arrived. He was the missing piece.

Good succinct point. The "Wilson Years" have been kind

I recall a talk show speaking of this when it came to wondering who was more valuable to the offense, Lynch or Wilson. The point I liked was that Lynch has been on the team since 2010. And the team as a whole didn't arrive until Wilson did.

You can make the same claim with just about everyone on the team including coach.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":343qw7la said:
I went with what 6 of the 12 voices in my head said. The other 6 are still arguing. I dont understand this. I hope you did not have this kind of situation when you were arguing with yourself. :mrgreen:

hahahaha

Interesting you have 12 voices in your head ... what does your 12th voice say?

Brings up to mind: I almost wanted to put "12th man" as a choice remembering the cluster of threads that came up awhile back about fans and the 12th man, along the lines of "Would you buy a 12th jersey?" and that open letter to the 12th man and all that

That would have been an interesting poll choice

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
byau":8jw8m6aj said:
Seahawkfan80":8jw8m6aj said:

hahahaha

Interesting you have 12 voices in your head ... what does your 12th voice say?

Brings up to mind: I almost wanted to put "12th man" as a choice remembering the cluster of threads that came up awhile back about fans and the 12th man, along the lines of "Would you buy a 12th jersey?" and that open letter to the 12th man and all that

That would have been an interesting poll choice

That voice is one of the rebels that wont accept anything anyone else says. And I think it has 12 voices of its own.

The 12th man would have to be the tops......for if there was no fan....there would be no team. Just some logic from the 11th voice. and the 12th voice disagrees. Sheesh. See what I mean? LOL :shock:

tooshort

Reaction score
There are a lot of "close to MVP " candidates on D.
There are Two "MVP on most other teams" Candidates on O.

Wilson or E.T. or Sherm or Kam or Bennett or Beast or Wagz....that is a plethora of options!!

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
tooshort":2xeaikts said:

Wilson or E.T. or Sherm or Kam or Bennett or Beast or Wagz....that is a plethora of options!!

True true. Plus the Seahawks are built in a certain way that the MVP here is specific to here , eg the biggest drop off of 1st to 2nd string IMO is qb

So did you vote? Otherwise boooooo cop out :).

original poster

Reaction score
I voted for Shawn but as soon as I read the OP I would have voted for Russ. Without him, we wouldn't do too well I don't think.

Tical21

Reaction score
It's a tough question. If we didn't have Russ, who would we have in his place? An average NFL starter?

Either way I'm going Lynch. All is possible because of him and he is still the identity of the franchise.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'll vote for the guy with a perfect QB rating.

(See avatar)

tooshort

Reaction score
byau":1my8nygu said:
tooshort":1my8nygu said:

True true. Plus the Seahawks are built in a certain way that the MVP here is specific to here , eg the biggest drop off of 1st to 2nd string IMO is qb

Without Russ we're somewhere in the 7-9 win range... without any TWO of the others I think we're still a 10+ win team.

Yes I voted :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
tooshort":3kcmj0wj said:
byau":3kcmj0wj said:
tooshort":3kcmj0wj said:

Without Russ we're somewhere in the 7-9 win range... without any TWO of the others I think we're still a 10+ win team.

Wow, didn't even think of that: Without Russ vs Without any of the other two. Interesting thought

I'm not sure I'd agree with you 100% but I see your point

Without Russ, 7-9? Not sure I'd believe that. But maybe 8-8 or 9-7.

With Russ and without one of the others, I'd say for sure 10+.

With Russ and without two of the others... maybe 9-7.

Very interesting.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
tooshort":45bhl9wg said:
byau":45bhl9wg said:
tooshort":45bhl9wg said:

Soo...with Wilson and Without Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas...we are a 10 or better win team??? Interesting.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The most valuable person right now is John Schneider. I hear they're making a Dukes of Hazzard reunion movie.

Tical21

Reaction score
If we have Andy Daulton instead of Russell, I think we win 10-11.

If we have Reggie Bush instead of Marshawn Lynch, I think we win 8 at most.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tical21":rm2qwi6t said:
If we have Andy Daulton instead of Russell, I think we win 10-11.

If we have Reggie Bush instead of Marshawn Lynch, I think we win 8 at most.

If the Seahawks had Dalton, they wouldn't have beaten the Panthers in the playoffs.