Zach Miller

seabowl

Reaction score
With Zachary still out there as a free agent, I gotta believe we are still in play to re-sign him. He would be a huge addition as long as he checks out medically. Agree/disagree?

swagcity21

Reaction score
I don't think so. With Zach's injury history I have to believe he won't be back. We already have 3 or 4 TE signed and 3 are almost locks to make the 53.

The FO would not release a younger TE for an older one with the injury history as Zach. I loved the guy and love what he has given to this team and community. But I just don't see that happening unless they get rid of helfet

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
I think we wil be interested if he checks out medically. McCoy is what he is and Luke Willson basically has the same skill set as the guy we just gave up a 1st round pick for. L

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":2bhh1wkf said:
I think we wil be interested if he checks out medically. McCoy is what he is and Luke Willson basically has the same skill set as the guy we just gave up a 1st round pick for. L
Except he can actually catch the ball. Personally I wish they'd just dump Wilson and Heilfet. And go with McCoy one more time to see what or if he actually has anything useful to the team.

original poster

Reaction score
I'd absolutely love it. Zach Miller and Jimmy Graham? Holy catfish!

It won't happen though I don't think.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Miller is still available for good reasons: age, injury history, salary

It wasn't long ago that he was one of the highest paid TEs in the NFL, so it would be hard to accept a a deal for less than $2m which is what I think would uave to happen in order for us to squeeze him in. He's getting older and has had trouble staying healthy so it's hard to argue that we would get better production from him in the future.

Good guy, but not hard to see why he's currently not on the Hawks or any other team. He'll be able to find a job somewhere if he accepts a cheap deal.

zifnab32

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2qpe64w0 said:
Hawkfan509":2qpe64w0 said:
Except he can actually catch the ball. Personally I wish they'd just dump Wilson and Heilfet. And go with McCoy one more time to see what or if he actually has anything useful to the team.

Willson is a perfectly fine #2 TE who is dirt cheap. Dumping him would be silly.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2vic1non said:
Hawkfan509":2vic1non said:

Willson frustrates the hell out of me, but dumping two TEs in favor of a guy who has played as many snaps as everyone on this message board the past two seasons is absolutely ludicrous.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last I read Zach still had lingering foot issues... and iirc, he needed another surgery... making it at least #2 or perhaps #3.

Not holding my breath at all on his return to the league, let alone back to Seattle.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I think Willson frustrates EVERYBODY. If he had a league-average drop-rate he would be among the top of the 2nd-tier TEs in the league. It would be super ridiculous to dump him, but unless he fixes the drops he will remain an excruciatingly frustrating player who fails to meet his potential.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":t19zmhyk said:
... but unless he fixes the drops he will remain an excruciatingly frustrating player who fails to meet his potential.
His potential is that of a typical 5th round draft pick.

Perhaps he'll exceed that... perhaps not... but it's not like he was drafted on day 1 or day 2.

rideaducati

Reaction score
What a lot of people here call drops weren't drops at all, they were considered bad passes or pass breakups. Willson only had four drops last season.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":33ts3z4j said:
Hawkfan509":33ts3z4j said:

This is hilarious. Considering McCoy hasn't played in 2 years and lest you forget, he also had the butter fingers reputation among fans before Willson got here. Keeping Willson and Hellfet is a no-brainer. There a significant chance that McCoy doesn't even make the team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Miller would be great to have as a blocking TE and extra threat for 2 TE sets. But I don't think the FO would sign him at the expense of Helfet or McCoy at this point.

titan3131

Reaction score
If we lose any TE to injury maybe in week 12+ we can sign him for the minimum?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the Graham trade says loud and clear that the Hawks are done with Miller, Pete and John don't want to go through another year of hoping that Miller can remain upright for more than 10 games.

If he wants to play next year the best he can hope for is a non guaranteed camp invited from someone.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Absolutely no chance Miller is back here. He can't pass a physical and TE has now become one of the deeper positions on the team. The Hawks aren't going to waste even a 90-man camp roster spot on a broken down has-been player who can't stay healthy long enough to run from here to there, particularly when the top 2 spots at the position are already locked up in Graham and Willson.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I think it's possible we could bring Miller back midseason (ala Tony Moeaki last year) on a prorated, veteran minimum deal. He is one of the best in-line blockers in the game. If healthy, we could use him for a Super Bowl run.

mikeak

Reaction score
"injury history" -- he was injured last year

Before that he played 14 games in 2013 and 15 / 16 games every other season since entering the league.

Don't get me wrong - if he can't recover from the current injury then obviously he won't be back, but to say that he has a injury history insinuates that he has had constant injury problems keeping him off the field - that is not correct

He is a good catching TE we just elected to use him for blocking

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TE has been a cursed position for the Seahawks in relation to health. So anything can happen. If he's re-signed again, I hope he can stay healthy. Graham and Miller would be a very effective 1-2 punch.

Latest posts