Going to Green Bay!

Tbone

Reaction score
So our group is marking Lambeau Field off our bucket list this year! To those that have gone to Green Bay can anyone give me any recommendations on Lodging and any other tips as far as traveling to Green Bay for a game?

What is everyone doing for tailgating while at Lambeau?

GO HAWKS!

MPLogick

Reaction score
Hotels in Green Bay will get expensive for Packer home weekends the second the schedule is announced, if they haven't done so for that weekend already. If you want to save some significant cash, stay in Appleton and bus/drive the half hour up to Green Bay the day of the game.

Also, almost every road team stays at the Radisson in Appleton, if you want to try to catch a glimpse of the players or something. The hotel is built with separate wings/closed floors so it's perfect for that kind of thing.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MPLogick":146oh18i said:
Hotels in Green Bay will get expensive for Packer home weekends the second the schedule is announced, if they haven't done so for that weekend already. If you want to save some significant cash, stay in Appleton and bus/drive the half hour up to Green Bay the day of the game.

Also, almost every road team stays at the Radisson in Appleton, if you want to try to catch a glimpse of the players or something. The hotel is built with separate wings/closed floors so it's perfect for that kind of thing.

I assume they will have bus/shuttle going up round trip there and back to Appleton (besides the team one)? I am not going to that game, but am curious.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If you like to stay out past 9:00pm, stay in Chicago and drive up in the morning. Go easy on the cheese curds or you'll be bound up for a week.

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
Haven't searched yet but what is the best airport to fly into? Looks like a lot of them stop in Chicago first. Decisions.....

Thanks

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Don't expect to do much in the "city" of Green Bay, with its thriving metropolitan population of 100k and 9-1 hick-to-normal-person ratio.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Appleton is a good place to stay. Lots of decent bars and restaurants in walking distance of the Radisson where the Seahawks stay. Then a 30 something minute drive to the stadium, where you can park for free in surrounding neighborhoods.

Note: they may not still stay at the Appleton Radisson, it was 6 or 7 years ago when I went. Seahawks players were meeting fans and signing autographs in the lobby, it was pretty cool.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":q69x0cdt said:
Don't expect to do much in the "city" of Green Bay, with its thriving metropolitan population of 100k and 9-1 hick-to-normal-person ratio.

You mean they actually do have Normal People???

minormillikin

Reaction score
Just like I always feel compelled to mention how much I like Green Bay / Appleton whenever the subject comes up, Roland needs to mention how they're all hillbillies and that Green Bay isn't a real city because it doesn't have tall buildings and traffic.

We can't help it. I'm a hillbilly in East Oly (stray chickens and constant Toby Keith music), and he's in King County surrounded by excellence.

rcambaker

Reaction score
Tbone":2wa1m845 said:
Haven't searched yet but what is the best airport to fly into? Looks like a lot of them stop in Chicago first. Decisions.....

Thanks

I'm flying into Milwaukee. It is about a 2 hour drive to Green Bay and Alaska Air flies direct from Seattle.

I booked the plane tickets when the rumor started of the Seahawks playing there in week 2. I got my tickets for $700 for two, roundtrip, since the scheduled got released it is up to $1100 for two on the same flight.

Threedee

Reaction score
Isn't Green Bay supposed to be about the hardest NFL venue for tickets? I imagine they are forced by the league to sell to visiting fans, but I'm told that for Cheeseheads, if you aren't a vaunted season-ticket holder or possess a stock receipt, that it's impossible to get into the action.

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
Friends are Packer season ticket holders so we are hoping to get them from them. We will probably fly into Chicago if airfare keeps going up flying into Milwaukee.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tbone":3soszeuc said:
Friends are Packer season ticket holders so we are hoping to get them from them. We will probably fly into Chicago if airfare keeps going up flying into Milwaukee.

There are 272 tickets available on stub hub starting at $250 each

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
Who has been to Lambeau Field? Anyone know how the end zone tickets are?

Thanks

ptisme

Reaction score
Tbone":2nb2p7kt said:
So our group is marking Lambeau Field off our bucket list this year! To those that have gone to Green Bay can anyone give me any recommendations on Lodging and any other tips as far as traveling to Green Bay for a game?

GO HAWKS!
Book now at the Radissan Paper Valley. That's where the Hawks will stay.... Great night life down town. PM me and I'll give you some restaurants and bars to hit. Tour the Packer hall of fame and eat at Curleys Pub in the stadium the day before the game. On game day, Get up to Lambeau a few hours early and walk around by the tailgaiters. Sport your Seahawks Jersey and tell them you are visiting from Seattle. They'll give you beer and brats, unlike SanFran where the thug fans stab you. Then head into the stadium and watch your team get its ass handed to it like every other visiting team gets to do....

ptisme

Reaction score
rideaducati":z5n2pmtj said:
If you like to stay out past 9:00pm, stay in Chicago and drive up in the morning. Go easy on the cheese curds or you'll be bound up for a week.
Stupid idea.... Appleton is a great time at 1 am

ptisme

Reaction score
Tbone":lzoydo8p said:

Thanks
ATW: 13 min from downtown appleton.... Trust me dude, I live here....

ptisme

Reaction score
Tbone":3gnor3xl said:
Who has been to Lambeau Field? Anyone know how the end zone tickets are?

Thanks
No bad seats at Lambeau....