Please quit hating on Jermaine please....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I know he had a rough game or two, but remember these catches? Can we please cut my boy, our Husky, our Seahawk a little slack? Remember him getting lasik, and how good he became? He's awesome, and WILL get only better. Quit replacing him in your head. He's gonna be awesome(r) this year! I just know it!

He's livin' my dream man... Local boy playing for the hero team of his youth...

And pulling in the catch to send your team to the freakin' Super Bowl!

Can you even imagine that?

Root for him man!

[youtube]AKnzkF_QtX0[/youtube]

[youtube]fWN_jWVEBdk[/youtube]

He messed up a LOT... In the NFCCG, but my god, he became immortal when all was said and done in that legendary game...

Maybe I'm just being sentimental, but please, before you bash him, remember what he's contributed to our team...

And show a little damn respect, Mmmmkay?

That is all...

kobebryant

Reaction score
Robert Horry wasn't consistently great or even very good all the time either. But some guys you want on your team when the moments are the biggest. It is a knack that is hard to quantify, but some guys, like Chop and Big Shot Bob just have it.

And that Super Bowl TD is so underrated. I think it gets lost in the fact that it was already a blowout, but it is one of the 10 best plays in Super Bowl history.

edit: you could also put the 4th down go ahead TD in the NFC championship game vs the 49ers; the one-handed grab with major yac TD that was badly needed in the divisional round vs the Panthers; regular season game winner vs Panthers 2013 when the offense was doing diddly.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't hate the guy, I just feel that if the Seahawks had a better guy in his place, they wouldn't need the late game heroics. I don't necessarily want to get rid of him, but cutting him would save a lot more money than cutting any other receiver and his productivity would be the easiest to replace. I will root for him as long as he is a Seahawk but I also want the Seahawks to get better.

I think most people would be fine if he was still on the team next season, but not many would be upset if he wasn't.

kearly

Reaction score
I really like the Robert Horry comparison. Not a 40 minute a game player, but if you need a 3 in the final seconds of a playoff game, he's the guy you'd get the ball to.

Robert Horry was also a journeyman. 16 seasons with four teams. Even his clutch shooting in huge games wasn't enough to keep him anywhere all that long.

I think this will probably be Kearse's last season in Seattle. I think Seattle's drafting two WRs last year, and their looking at WRs this year, is partly to make guys like Kearse expendable.

He is certainly a flawed player, and places like PFF and FO probably aren't going to ever love him all that much. But when it comes to big plays in big games, I don't think we've ever had a guy come through like this guy has. I personally think that is worth a roster spot, and a small amount of money. And of course, that feeling about Kearse's value means jack squat.

I think Kearse is *probably* on Seattle's long term list of players to let go to save future cap space. No contract is too small for JS to trim for savings, and I think their obsession with searching for deep threat receivers indicates to me that they are looking to move on from the one good deep ball target they currently have.

I never thought Kearse would catch a pass in a real NFL game. It is astonishing to me the things he's done in playoff games and Super Bowls. For the Seahawks of all teams. He's not a perfect player, but when I see Wilson winding up to send the ball to parts unseen, I often find myself hoping it's Kearse on the other end of that throw. There have been times that it felt like he was the only guy on the team that we could really trust on those deep sideline throws.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I certainly don't hate him but it would be nice to have a receiver you can really trust.

I kind of agree with him being a big moment guy, as there have been some great late plays, but there are also too many bad plays in big moments for me to consider him a long term starter. If not for the Bostick onside kick he would have had a miserable NFCCG and his sideline drop in the Superbowl was a killer. He's generally serviceable but if he's a starter at the end of this season then I'll likely be viewing this draft as a disappointment.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Jermaine deserves whatever "hate" he gets, although I personally don't hate him I would love an upgrade.

Basically for every 1 good catch he has he drops 3 others that we needed.

The hawks would not need late-game heroic catches if he would simply catch passes earlier in the game.

Kearse is the Tebow of WRs: completely suck for 3.5 quarters of the game and then do something in the final minutes.

JimmyG

Reaction score
kobebryant":2mhaccm0 said:
And that Super Bowl TD is so underrated. I think it gets lost in the fact that it was already a blowout, but it is one of the 10 best plays in Super Bowl history.
It actually reminded me a lot of Michael Crabtree's Super Bowl touchdown from the year before. Kearse's play was better, but they were similar. Anyway, top 10 best play in Super Bowl history? LOL, not a chance.

Had we won, I think you could make a case for his Antonio Freeman impression in the 2014 Super Bowl cracking the top 10 in SB history... but the pinball touchdown? Come on.... no way.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
If Lynch runs the ball and we win the SB I think you all would be singing a different tune.

Let's see what our "pedestrian" WRs can do with Jimmy Graham COMMANDING alot of attention.

The guy has made BOTH plays that sent us to back-to-back Superbowls.

Call me a homer, though I live in Jersey, but he stays this year IMO

titan3131

Reaction score
I wanted him gone before the comeback in the nfc championship game.

I kust want consistency.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":artg3cof said:
If Lynch runs the ball and we win the SB I think you all would be singing a different tune.

Let's see what our "pedestrian" WRs can do with Jimmy Graham COMMANDING alot of attention.

The guy has made BOTH plays that sent us to back-to-back Superbowls.

Call me a homer, though I live in Jersey, but he stays this year IMO

If Lynch runs the ball in that 3 wide set, we lose a yard or two on that play. Every time.

Anyway, teams need cheap guys like Kearse. He and Lockette do things most other WRs don't.
Low end WR's are like swiss army knives. They're crappy but versitile and can be very useful when used sparingly.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Its hard for me to say because I'm routing for this kid. I want him to improve his consistency, I just don't see it.
How many of Wilson's picks against the Packers hit him in the hands? The guy has made a lot of drops in critical situations killing many drives that look promising.
To me this is the season he needs to show consistency or I would like him gone. I hope he does get better and I will be cheering for him.

kobebryant

Reaction score
JimmyG":2044sc9x said:
kobebryant":2044sc9x said:
It actually reminded me a lot of Michael Crabtree's Super Bowl touchdown from the year before. Kearse's play was better, but they were similar. Anyway, top 10 best play in Super Bowl history? LOL, not a chance.

Had we won, I think you could make a case for his Antonio Freeman impression in the 2014 Super Bowl cracking the top 10 in SB history... but the pinball touchdown? Come on.... no way.

That's why I said "best" as opposed to "biggest". The Freeman catch was a bigger and more important play play, no doubt; but it was incredibly lucky, though he does deserve credit for concentrating throughout the play.

The pinball TD had like 7 broken tackles and the degree of difficulty was right up there with the Elway helicopter and Santonio tiptoe, while behind Tyree and James Harrison's ridiculous feats.

Not a particularly important play, but one of the best I've ever seen on that stage.

JimmyG

Reaction score
kobebryant":2o8pokfj said:
The pinball TD had like 7 broken tackles and the degree of difficulty was right up there with the Elway helicopter and Santonio tiptoe, while behind Tyree and James Harrison's ridiculous feats.

Not a particularly important play, but one of the best I've ever seen on that stage.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree (especially because it had closer like to 3 broken tackles). It was novel but I didn't think it was memorable whatsoever, even score/context aside.

crosfam

Reaction score
Typically half the top draft pick WRs (rds. 1-3) either turn out to be busts or fairly ordinary. We have a guy who is not perfect, but makes memorable plays. Whether he starts or is a 3-4th WR on our team, I'd like to hold on to him for the next 2-3 years or so. We will see, because after this season he will want a contract, much like angry Doug's contract.

I am hoping Chris Matthews breaks out and moves Kearse one spot down in the pecking order. Might keep his contract expectations in check. If we draft a WR, and I am sure we will, I hope he is a ST/PR/KR type.

randomation

Reaction score
The drop on 3rd down would have iced the game. The circus catch would have never been needed, yes he makes some great catches. I just wish he wouldn't drop the easy ones it makes me sad :(

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":18h409dx said:
I certainly don't hate him but it would be nice to have a receiver you can really trust.

I kind of agree with him being a big moment guy, as there have been some great late plays, but there are also too many bad plays in big moments for me to consider him a long term starter. If not for the Bostick onside kick he would have had a miserable NFCCG and his sideline drop in the Superbowl was a killer. He's generally serviceable but if he's a starter at the end of this season then I'll likely be viewing this draft as a disappointment.
Sideline drop in the Super Bowl? are you forgetting the miracle sideline catch that put us in the position to possibly winning that game?
Remember us Drafting Koren Robinson with his big play ability that seldom ever showed up?
Even though he was an un-drafted FA, J.K. I give him an A for his efforts, and too, he has come through with a few key plays when we really needed them.
I'll be ready to move on from Kearse, if and when we can MAYBE luck out and find someone that push him off the roster, but meanwhile, he gets my support.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or that catch that put us IN the super bowl :mrgreen:
That being said, he was pretty bad in the NFC Championship up to that point. He does come up with big plays, but when he was at UW, we used to call him Feast or Famine. Would drop routine stuff, but make the spectacular.
Glad he's on the team, hopefully he'll be more consistent this season. Him and ADB seem to vanish at times.

cacksman

Reaction score
crosfam":1z35tbr3 said:
Typically half the top draft pick WRs (rds. 1-3) either turn out to be busts or fairly ordinary. We have a guy who is not perfect, but makes memorable plays. Whether he starts or is a 3-4th WR on our team, I'd like to hold on to him for the next 2-3 years or so. We will see, because after this season he will want a contract, much like angry Doug's contract.

I am hoping Chris Matthews breaks out and moves Kearse one spot down in the pecking order. Might keep his contract expectations in check. If we draft a WR, and I am sure we will, I hope he is a ST/PR/KR type.

Which he is not worth.

He gets flack because he has been asked to perform as the team's starting WR, when he is a solid 4-5 WR talent. Still need those guys on the team, but as nothing more than the minimum $$.