Disappointing Draft

chet380

Reaction score
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Were you one of the same people mad that we chose Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays too? Come on, you're in friendly territory, you can admit it...

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I would have rather we gone OL and CB as well.

Seafan

Reaction score
If they had spent a 2nd or 3rd on a OL I would have been disappointed. I wanted an edge rusher and they got him and also filled the biggest need on the team at PR. Great day.

titan3131

Reaction score
feel free to leave the bandwagon. OL in the 2,3rd is stupid and terrible value

SuperFreak

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2tktk46c said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 7m7 minutes ago
TRADE!
Seahawks get #Pick69 (R3)...
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

That's four picks. I don't dislike the players we are getting but I think JS caved and gave up too much capital.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
titan3131":36zhioz8 said:
feel free to leave the bandwagon. OL in the 2,3rd is stupid and terrible value
who are you talking to? Bandwagon because I think our OL is terrible and we are thin at CB? I don't mind we got one of those picks, but I think we need more help in other positions.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Alot of people were disappointed at the 2012 draft, wonder how that went. We went and addressed the needs, Pass rusher was one, A WR/Returner was one, and I'm pretty sure the next one will be OL. They are trusting Cable to trained up whatever OL we are drafting.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
SuperFreak":38gh1ket said:
HawksSoc":38gh1ket said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

TRADE!
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

That's four picks. I don't dislike the players we are getting but I think JS caved and gave up too much capital.

They moved up with 3 picks

Mike 4G

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3bsw5o9u said:
Alot of people were disappointed at the 2012 draft, wonder how that went. We went and addressed the needs, Pass rusher was one, A WR/Returner was one, and I'm pretty sure the next one will be OL. They are trusting Cable to trained up whatever OL we are drafting.
I agree on filling those needs, just not the order.

silvergun

Reaction score
Seahawks have too many picks and most of them are going to have trouble even making the cut. I don't have any problems with them burning a few on a guy that fills a need with a good chance of being on the team at the end of training camp

Trrrroy

Reaction score
SuperFreak":i2pxxuat said:
HawksSoc":i2pxxuat said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

TRADE!
Redskins get:
#Pick95 (R3)
#Pick112 (R4)
#Pick167 (R5)
#Pick181 (R6)

#SeahawksDraft #NFLDraft

I think more likely Schnieder had Lockett targeted all draft process and did what it took to get him. They had a TON of picks. If they kept them all half of them end up getting cut. This is a team that has very few holes. This isn't 2009. They don't need quantity anymore.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Mike 4G":1k6bzd0n said:
theincrediblesok":1k6bzd0n said:
I agree on filling those needs, just not the order.

These are the guys that they want, and they have their own grades on their players they think are worth their picks. I don't mind it, because there's barely any room for some of these draft picks to make the team anyways. It also showed last year that we picked up some players from other team's practice squad and did very well with them. I trust our office to trained these guys up.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1dw43eeo said:
They have relied on Cable to coach up players and has been a failure. He continues to fail. Expecting Cable to become a good OL is a mistake.

If cable gets poo for players then we will be stuck with poo for players.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":23r5umzu said:
theincrediblesok":23r5umzu said:
They have relied on Cable to coach up players and has been a failure. He continues to fail. Expecting Cable to become a good OL is a mistake.

If cable gets poo for players then we will be stuck with poo for players.

Bingo. Cable really hasn't coached anyone up except for JR Sweezy. I think he got lucky on that one. Sweezy's attitude and desire played a large part of becoming who he is. Cable is a good coach but not a great one. He couldn't coach up Carp, Moffit, Okung, Bailey, Bowie, etc. More players he couldn't coach up than he has.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seafan":2u3e5adw said:
If they had spent a 2nd or 3rd on a OL I would have been disappointed. I wanted an edge rusher and they got him and also filled the biggest need on the team at PR. Great day.
+1

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawksSoc":fologb7o said:
1. Stop being miserable.
2. Spell his name right.
3. Gave up three picks.

Pretty sure he spelled both names right Mr. 1,2,3. Reasonable discussion. Always love people being nasty calling someone else negative.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love our first two picks. Both will be impact players.