Which receiver is gone next year?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Obviously Baldwin, Richardson, Kearse and Tyler Lockett.

Who hangs around though? Do we carry more than 5 receivers?

Still have Norwood, Lockette, & Matthews

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
My guess is that Richardson will start the season on the PUP list. In my opinion the only must-keep from the current group is Baldwin anyway.

razor150

Reaction score
Richardson will start on PUP. So we start the year with Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett as locks. I think Norwood is a likely lock as well. I personally think after the Superbowl Mathews will be given a chance, and will have to play himself off the roster. What he flashed in the Superbowl is what they have been looking for since Pete got here.

I like Lockette as a gunner, but he has no value as a receiver and wouldn't keep him over anybody else. He will probably start the year on the roster, but be dropped after Richardson is activated.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I think Baldwin, Lockette and Kearse will be gone next year. I can't tell u why cause idk but I just have a feeling.

massari

Reaction score
Rite now it seems Lockette is gone and if the Hawks pick-up another WR through the draft,trade,free agency then Kearse will be gone too, I think/hope. Better ways to spend 2.35 mill then on Kearse.

1.Baldwin
2.Richardson
3.Lockett
4.Norwood
5.Mathews

These 5 are locks imo.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Next year, the obvious answer is Kearse. This year you're looking at Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Matthews, Lockette, Norwood, Richardson (who will be PUP'd) to open the year.

Tical21

Reaction score
If I'm Baldwin, I'm a little worried about my long-term future. Lockett has to project as a slot.

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
You guys forgetting just how big Kearse has been for us in the big games?

I don't think Norwood is worth keeping over Kearse. Ultimately you want a guy who can make the big time plays when they count.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think you have to look at the redundancy of Richardson, Norwood, and Lockett in the slot particularly if you're Doug Baldwin. Doug CAN play on the outside, but he's not nearly as effective there as Kearse and it really looks like Matthews is going to take a lot of reps there. You also factor in having Jimmy play basically every position as well.

We'll keep 6

Kearse
Matthews
Baldwin
Richardson
Norwood
Lockett
Lockette

I listed 7 because Richardson probably isn't going to play for at least the full first 6 weeks on PUP. Beyond that it will all sort itself out through injury.

I think we add Vince Mayle too though. I'm not going to assume that everyone stays healthy. Neither will PC and JS.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
kearse is very average

the patriots had clutch receivers who were average that they let go. the seahawks will do the same.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkNuts":8dgj54e2 said:
kearse is very average

the patriots had clutch receivers who were average that they let go. the seahawks will do the same.

You mean Deion Branch?

razor150

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1tdyuwdz said:
I think you have to look at the redundancy of Richardson, Norwood, and Lockett in the slot particularly if you're Doug Baldwin. Doug CAN play on the outside, but he's not nearly as effective there as Kearse and it really looks like Matthews is going to take a lot of reps there. You also factor in having Jimmy play basically every position as well.

We'll keep 6

Kearse
Matthews
Baldwin
Richardson
Norwood
Lockett
Lockette

I listed 7 because Richardson probably isn't going to play for at least the full first 6 weeks on PUP. Beyond that it will all sort itself out through injury.

I think we add Vince Mayle too though. I'm not going to assume that everyone stays healthy. Neither will PC and JS.

I am pretty sure Richardson with his skill set projects as a #2 receiver. I agree about Baldwin, to many slot receivers. If one develops he is the one that gets bumped. Norwood also has more potential on the outside with his size then Baldwin.

I am hopeful of Mathews, but not holding my breath. I am sure he will be given a harder look this off season. We'll see if he sinks or swims. Ideally I'd like to start the season with Mathews and Norwood as the starters on the outside, and Lockett and Baldwin splitting time at the slot.

mikeak

Reaction score
Remember Matthews had ONE game for us last year. Sure it was a great game and yes his profile is not matched on the team but we now have Graham for redzone.

Not saying he is gone but he better bring it this years training camp....

Soppie

Reaction score
razor150":1gt9g3in said:
I like Lockette as a gunner, but he has no value as a receiver and wouldn't keep him over anybody else. He will probably start the year on the roster, but be dropped after Richardson is activated.

You cant be serious? No way they move up in the draft and take a guy in the 2nd round to drop him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You really have to be pretty thick skulled to think Kearse is going anywhere. He's literally the only guy on the team who's made big plays on the outside with any measure of consistency that we have.