Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/594580554319663104[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/594581165857579008[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/594581037428051968[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/594581426248421376[/tweet]

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The guys on NFL.com were pretty down on him for his size. Said even at 195 pounds, he was too thin, got carried around in his tackles.

But in another note, this is the fourth area of need everyone here said we needed to address, and low and behold, we did.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice, could use another corner. They said this is the first ever Defensive pick from Towson as well. And there's no reason he can't add 10-20 pounds.
Also, what the heck is with Michael Bennett?? Has anyone heard about something on him? Maybe he has a major surgery coming up that teams found out about. Seems very strange that a guy rated that high may make it to the 6th round or worse.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
BOTTOM LINE Average athletic traits with decent ball skills but a substantial deficiency in play strength. West Virginia peppered Smith with hitches to wide receiver Kevin White and Smith was unable to respond favorably. He can make it into a camp, but likely lacks enough meat on his bones to become a roster factor.http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/tye-smith?id=2552449

chet380

Reaction score
NFL.com analysis --

WEAKNESSES Looks rail thin in the uniform. Skinny through entire lower body. No sand in his pants to take on physical wide receivers. Complete non-factor tackling size on perimeter. Play strength is a major issue for him. A little sloppy opening up out of press.

DRAFT PROJECTION Undrafted

BOTTOM LINE Average athletic traits with decent ball skills but a substantial deficiency in play strength. West Virginia peppered Smith with hitches to wide receiver Kevin White and Smith was unable to respond favorably. He can make it into a camp, but likely lacks enough meat on his bones to become a roster factor.

This looks like a major reach

McGruff

Reaction score
Dont bother with the reports. Get him from Towson st. And into an NFL gym with Richard and the legion coaching him and hell be the next 10 million dollar man for some other team.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I'd have been happier with Nick Marshall, I don't mind a CB but I don't see why they picked this guy, no redeeming value at all

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
chet380":1e6250jp said:
NFL.com analysis --

WEAKNESSES Looks rail thin in the uniform. Skinny through entire lower body. No sand in his pants to take on physical wide receivers. Complete non-factor tackling size on perimeter. Play strength is a major issue for him. A little sloppy opening up out of press.

DRAFT PROJECTION Undrafted

BOTTOM LINE Average athletic traits with decent ball skills but a substantial deficiency in play strength. West Virginia peppered Smith with hitches to wide receiver Kevin White and Smith was unable to respond favorably. He can make it into a camp, but likely lacks enough meat on his bones to become a roster factor.

This looks like a major reach

This is one to keep for a few years time.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Reading his draft profile I don't see him getting past the practice squad this year. Could be a good long term project though.

kobebryant

Reaction score
City Of Reign":15b3rtuy said:
I'd have been happier with Nick Marshall, I don't mind a CB but I don't see why they picked this guy, no redeeming value at all

Yep. The Hawks have no idea what they're doing when they draft CBs on the third day.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lnpl7kp said:
Also, what the heck is with Michael Bennett?? Has anyone heard about something on him? Maybe he has a major surgery coming up that teams found out about. Seems very strange that a guy rated that high may make it to the 6th round or worse.

I've been saying that since round three. Moar Michael Bennett!

If they pick up him and the OT Collins in the 6th, I will have to change my pants.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
City Of Reign":2yos4mrh said:

P&J have made their share of bad picks, but have they ever drafted a guy with "no redeeming value at all"?