Russell: What is he worth?

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/594592230238629888[/tweet]

Tical21

Reaction score
Just put him in Paul's will and be done with it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It would be awful dangerous to guarantee him a lot of money after we have done so little to guarantee his safety.

Rob12

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2c4ljyf8 said:
It would be awful dangerous to guarantee him a lot of money after we have done so little to guarantee his safety.

The offensive line was bolstered today. Adding Jimmy Graham will help as the more elite offensive weapons he has, the better off he'll be.

I'm literally the biggest RW fan I know, but his safety also falls on himself. I've watched every snap of 2014 and he does have a tendency to hold on to the ball too long. That's something that he knows he needs to improve upon as well.

But it's just easy to point the finger at the offensive line I guess.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Richard Sherman has $40 million guaranteed. That's about $15 million more than ET.

That's not that far off from Aaron Rodgers ($54 million), Matt Ryan ($42 million), Drew Brees ($40 million), and any of the other highest paid QBs with the most guaranteed money.

This screams of Schefter making stuff up again because he knows the team cannot respond directly to a question about a specific contract term. It also could be Russell's agent trying to stir up conversation about how much guaranteed money Russell should have, knowing that he probably wants more than the standard 30-49% guaranteed.

kearly

Reaction score
A little bit of guaranteed money here and there for an elite QB would be the dumbest contract sticking point ever. QBs like Wilson have zero reason to fear being cut.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":1yqt8a55 said:
A little bit of guaranteed money here and there for an elite QB would be the dumbest contract sticking point ever. QBs like Wilson have zero reason to fear being cut.

Yea, good QBs always make every dollar of their contract unless they agree to restructure like Brady did. And Brady agreed to do that on his 3rd or 4th contract, he'd already made his money.

It goes both ways. The Hawks could guarantee him more money. It's not like he's not going to see it. I think Schefter is just looking for things to say. I find it difficult to believe guaranteed money is a sticking point for teams and QBs. Now, top end money ? yea.