So who plays C?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Patrick Lewis, who beat out Jeanpierre for the starting job in the last two games. Cable said today that Poole and Glowinski can also play some center.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lewis and JP right now, I think the grooming starts immediately with one of our picks though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not that thrilled with where we've ended up at this position to be honest.

I guess they're hoping one of the new guys might be able to convert like Unger did. Seems like a bit of a patchwork solution as of now -- have a handful of guys compete and hope the creme rises. Biggest question mark going into TC for sure.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":28ablwb2 said:

I guess they're hoping one of the new guys might be able to convert like Unger did. Seems like a bit of a patchwork solution as of now -- have a handful of guys compete and hope the creme rises. Biggest question mark going into TC for sure.

Unger wasn't really a convert -- he dominated at center for Oregon in 2007 and 2008, when he was named First Team All-Conference.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2h0mnuy1 said:
DavidSeven":2h0mnuy1 said:

Unger wasn't really a convert -- he dominated at center for Oregon in 2007 and 2008, when he was named First Team All-Conference.

He played center and tackle and came in as an offensive guard prospect. But you're right, he had more college experience at C than the new guys which only makes it more worrisome.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Lewis and JP and I'm fine with that and there will be competition from others as well may the best man win. I was not fine with Unger he was to often hurt and was just flat getting pushed around to much . Simply not the same player he was three years ago.

massari

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2xv88bis said:

This.

I dont know why people think the draft is the only option to finish adding to the roster. While they could go with what they already have, there is still the possibility of a trade and free agency pick-ups which will soon get deeper from players getting released ect.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I believe the Center from the Texans, Chris Myers, is still a FA. Fits our scheme perfect and is a good, cheap veteran to compete for the spot. Still graded out decent in 2014 and has made 128 straight starts at Center. Very durable. Hawks brought him in for a visit at the end of March. They may have just waited to see if they got someone better in the draft, but he's who I would expect if they still want someone.

penihawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3197y09d said:
I believe the Center from the Texans, Chris Myers, is still a FA. Fits our scheme perfect and is a good, cheap veteran to compete for the spot. Still graded out decent in 2014 and has made 128 straight starts at Center. Very durable. Hawks brought him in for a visit at the end of March. They may have just waited to see if they got someone better in the draft, but he's who I would expect if they still want someone.

Yup I agree that the C position was weak in the draft for what we are looking for and there are veteran options waiting to be signed if they feel Lewis/Janpierre aren't ready to be the guy.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I think we have plenty of talent to make a competitive situation under our roof right now. C might not be a strength, but it shouldn't be a glaring weakness, either, especially since we have a lot of time to get guys coached up instead of playing mix and match.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3hq99jdm said:
Kristjan Sokoli starts day 1.
I wondered if they meant they will "start" (the OL conversion experiment of) Sokoli at center... and go from there. Cable didn't clarify. Yeah, maybe he meant "starter" / his job to lose. But, I was unsure what he meant by that. That's a huge expectation for a player converting to OL. LJP and Patrick Lewis have the experience on him at this point. There's Wheeler, too? Seems like a they've got a plan to find the right guy to take over for Unger.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ujmpbv2 said:
hawknation2015":2ujmpbv2 said:
DavidSeven":2ujmpbv2 said:

He played center and tackle and came in as an offensive guard prospect. But you're right, he had more college experience at C than the new guys which only makes it more worrisome.
His natural position was center, but we had Spencer and he was tried at guard. His moving Back to center seemed inevitable. I like the 3 guys we've got, hopefully we'll have a strong competitive situation. Hopefully Pool can be a Future LT, it would be nice to get some tackle depth and have options incase Okung isn't retained long term.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2fbd69pv said:
Kristjan Sokoli starts day 1.
That would be pretty shocking and amazing If he could pull it off and beat out lem and PL.