Is everyone HAPPY ???

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm pretty damn happy with the whole draft. A DAMN good tight end, a decent return guy, a couple O-liners, some projects that'll be fun, some DB depth and Frank.
Frank made me queasy at first, 'till I heard she bit his nose first. I've never had anyone bite mine but it's been broke a couple times... that could explain her bruise. Or not. Time will tell.
OH-BOOM !!! Him and Sokoli, who moved mountains to come here and learned the language !!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We attacked our weaknesses. I dont know if we won the draft, but I know that we filled holes that were either empty or needed backfilled. Our support is great now.
Go Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Love the positions they addressed. We'll find out in time if they were the right players, but they targeted the positions I wanted exactly. DE, WR, O-Line, and DB.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Happy with the draft, but disappointed that we couldn't get the entire first page filled with pinned threads. Maybe next year.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Much happier with this draft than I was last year. I think we have some major contributors right off the bat to go along with some intriguing prospects.

massari

Reaction score
Pretty satisfied, but I cant help but think if we could have just picked Lockett in the 2nd-#63 and Frank Clark in the 3rd-#95 and still kept the 4th+5th+6th rounders we gave to move up. But I understand them not wanting to take that gamble(Clark falling to #95) if they think Clark is a perfect fit for them.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yep, I'm happy. This was a good draft. In spite of the talking heads already giving it a C-, I think it was a solid draft. We filled exactly the holes all of us knew we had last year, which was what we needed to do.

We may have gotten a steal with Clark. His off-field issues dropped him considerably, and if he's gotten his act together (and there's nothing suggesting he hasn't), he's going to give us a lot more return than what we gave up for him.

Lockett was, I believe, the second-rated WR in the draft, behind only the WR the Raiders took with the unattainable fourth overall pick. Maybe a steal there too, as Pete said he was really surprised Lockett was still there when we picked.

The OL guys look really good, and they fill a problem area we've been fighting for the last couple of years. If Glow turns out to be a lot like Breno, I think that's a good thing. Plus, they all have played or play several different positions, which is always a bonus.

And we took a bunch of freakish athletes with the lower-round project picks, picks that have some huge potential. Perfect.

This is exactly the type of draft stacked teams that compete for the title every year have.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah I'm good. My biggest irritation last year was our returns so I guess I can't gripe to much about giving up 4 picks ( yes technically 4) but if Lockett returns well,,, I'll be happy. Clark, obviously has our LEO size and talent. I'll just have faith that PC and JS know what their doing in regards to his off the field stuff.

Favorite pick was defiantly big Glow.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
According to the presser, Lockett was gone 2 picks after the one we bumped up to. I shall try to post the presser link in a while when it is on .com.

GO HAWKS.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm happy with what I see. Good chance for immediate contributions and some serious potential from the projects.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Three offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, two defensive backs, and a stud returner/slot receiver. They addressed almost all of their needs. I'm very happy with this draft.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I thought it was an excellent draft. 2 high picks that have super potential, followed by OL depth/starters? and the very athletic later round picks for future development, seems about as good as it could be to me.

chet380

Reaction score
Week 3 -- two of the starting OL and a starting DB injured -- what now?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
chet380":2l641s51 said:

...says every team in the league. Injuries happen. That's why solid depth leads to championships. I think we've done an excellent job finding depth where we need it, and replacements for the positional skill we've lost.

chet380

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3mbpeap9 said:
chet380":3mbpeap9 said:

...says every team in the league. Injuries happen. That's why solid depth leads to championships. I think we've done an excellent job finding depth where we need it, and replacements for the positional skill we've lost.

OK -- let's assume that it's WK 3 and Okung and Britt are injured and out for 3-4 weeks -- who from the "depth" and "replacements" can be used?

Please don\t get me wrong -- I'm a huge Hawks fan and I don't want to be a nay-sayer, but with Unger and Carpenter gone, I believe that the OL needs weren't sufficiently addressed in the draft. ... I hope I'm proved wrong,

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
chet380":39oy94fz said:
Seahawk Sailor":39oy94fz said:
chet380":39oy94fz said:

OK -- let's assume that it's WK 3 and Okung and Britt are injured and out for 3-4 weeks -- who from the "depth" and "replacements" can be used?

Please don\t get me wrong -- I'm a huge Hawks fan and I don't want to be a nay-sayer, but with Unger and Carpenter gone, I believe that the OL needs weren't sufficiently addressed in the draft. ... I hope I'm proved wrong,

Thing is, we had to address four critical areas of need. If we'd have spent more on the OL, we'd be saying that exact same thing about losing defensive linemen, receivers, and cornerbacks. Unless a team has a single or only a couple of needs to address, they're not going to pick up more than a couple players per position to address their needs. We picked three guys we're pretty high on for the offensive line. Sure, there are a number of positions, but we spent multiple picks on that area of need. The only thing I'd say we could have done differently is to have taken a player with actual experience at center, which I think we did want to do, but missed out on the guy(s) we thought were worth the cost of the pick at that time.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm actually pleased with this draft. Lots of players I see the vision for. Seems this year was a lot easier to kind of spot future Seahawks than in years past.

Lockett isn't the big receiver I do still think we're missing. But I'm also not averse to giving Matthews a real shot at it. Lockett on his own merits, is a very good WR. What I love most about him is that this guy gets open and uses a lot of savvy tricks to do so. His quickness and ability to cut are absolutely excellent.

Seattle needs guys that get open. And I'd put Lockett's ability in this regard at or near the top of the class. That and he's got great utility as a return guy. Really am pleased we aggressively moved to take him.

Clark .... I think a lot of people saw him coming. I didn't predict we'd be that high on him, but as the draft moved on and so many OL prospects were still on the board, I did text my brother that it felt like we'd go defense with our first pick.

Poole, he was always a possibility. Rob picked him pretty early and I think his eye is very good. Glowinski, it seemed everyone nabbed him as a Hawk type and he was no surprise. Really intrigued by Sokoli, who I think could develop into the best player in this draft class.

In all, I think we came into this offseason wanting better receiver options and to fix/reload the OL. I think we've done exactly that. Maybe not day 1. But by Nov. 1, I think we'll start to see a several of these prospects coming around and producing well.

AgentDib

Reaction score
chet380":1ce8frrg said:
[OK -- let's assume that it's WK 3 and Okung and Britt are injured and out for 3-4 weeks -- who from the "depth" and "replacements" can be used?
First of all, don't forget that we are still in free agency. I don't know that we have room for a tackle, but if they think they do there are a lot of guys still out there and cut downs that will be available in August.

Secondly, I think we are currently in pretty decent shape. There isn't a team out there that is prepared to lose both starting tackles. Our option as of now would be to plug Bailey and Gilliam in with Poole as the emergency 5th tackle. Are you thinking of some other team with a better option as a 5th tackle?

This looks like a pretty solid group to me.
T Okung
T Britt
G/T Gilliam
G/T Bailey
G Sweezy
G Poole (emergency T)
G Glowinski
C Lewis
C JeanPierre
C Sokoli

I'm not sure how many we will carry on the 53 man roster (9?) but last year we only dressed 7 quite a few times.

We also know they like a handful of their other guards. C.J. Davis has been to multiple camps, Nowak and Renfrow were on the practice squad last season and returned, and they promoted Milton from the practice squad to 53 man roster last year when Sweezy was hurt against the Cardinals.

grizbob

Reaction score
I'm actually a little pissed the draft's over. Now I gots to wait for OTAs and training camp :180670:

But I do think the draft went well :th2thumbs:

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":233qr7cf said:
...Lockett was, I believe, the second-rated WR in the draft, behind only the WR the Raiders took with the unattainable fourth overall pick. Maybe a steal there too, as Pete said he was really surprised Lockett was still there when we picked...

Six WRs were taken in the first round alone and eight total before Lockett. Not the second WR in the draft, but you could say top 10.