Hawks waive 5 players

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":20nlflr2 said:
When do we have to be down to 90? Training Camp?
You can't exceed 90 players under contract at anytime during the off-season. We're at 90, not 91. Heath Farwell is still listed on the roster on Seahawks.com but that's erroneous. His contract expired after last season and he has not been re-signed.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1irwr4n4 said:
Seahawkfan80":1irwr4n4 said:
When do we have to be down to 90? Training Camp?
You can't exceed 90 players under contract at anytime during the off-season. We're at 90, not 91. Heath Farwell is still listed on the roster on Seahawks.com but that's erroneous. His contract expired after last season and he has not been re-signed.

Good to know. I was also under the impression that it was a training camp deadline. Thanks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If Farwell was on the roster it would be 92.

We are either going to cut another player, or one of the 12 UDFAs is just coming in on a tryout basis only.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Brendan Kelly is off the .Com roster, so I imagine he's the last cut.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
So inconsequential that their parents didn't even give them first names.

crosfam

Reaction score
That is why the should stay in school and get degrees. So many of these kids don't make it. if they get a degree, they might be at a homeowner's association BBQ in five years fondly talking about 'that one time, in Seahawks Training camp..."

If they did not graduate, same thing, but in a rental...

I was in the military for 21 years. I can't count the former baseball minor leaguers I served with, once their dream died. I work in national-level HR now, I did see a former Seahawk practice squad member's resume once for one of our entry level jobs.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Add Kelly to the list

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/596431625543516160[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":1uokyk4i said:
Farwell's #55 given to Clark. Doubt Farwell is back.

Heath Farwell was never going to be back, at least not as a player. After his injury last year, the team kept him around more as an extra coach than anything else. Here's an article that talks about it if you're interested

[urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/09/28/3404571/from-heath-to-coach-farwell-seahawks.html[/urltargetblank]