Female Fans and Frank Clark (Tricia Romano article)

chris98251

Reaction score
Now you call can do your thing since it is about the Times and the writer and Article!

Also I was able to click thru on it so maybe if you have a certain amount of hits it locks you out.

Also since she approached us I feel that we should be able to approach her as well.

[email protected]

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I know it's not really the point of the article, but eek!

During the dark years, when the Seahawks weren’t a winning team, Seattle artist Meghan Trainor followed the Pittsburgh Steelers, almost out of desperation.

“There was just a point in the season where you have to pick someone who is going to make it,” she said.

cacksman

Reaction score
kearly":tq3te5ez said:
Here's the article Tricia Romano wrote, you might recall she posted at .net a few days ago asking female fans to contact her for their input.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... appointed/

It's behind a paywall and I haven't read it, but I figured I'd link for those who are curious.

Use an incognito tab.

My take: these women haven't been paying attention. They've consumed the narrative force fed by the media this past week.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Read the article. Expected what I read to be exactly that. The main line is exactly what I expected.....probably will defer reading or participating in these enquirer articles to others from now on. Read some of the comments too. I remember what I was like back when I was 21.....oh lordy. Thank you for posting this information. I REALLY DO appreciate it. I recall the gent from Pantherland that did a paper on fanatics from sport teams. I enjoyed reading his Thesis/paper. I could not fix the spelling errors tho. LOL

This is the story MAIN LINE....

Frank Clark selection leaves women who root for Seahawks frustrated, disappointed

That tells me that all women are frustrated and disappointed. If it would have said SOME WOMEN...then it would be a little bit better to stomach. But she is probably working on her ESPN upgrade. hmph.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That reads like a high-schooler wrote it. Very bland.

It also follows the path of so-called "reporters" who want to push their message, make most of it your message so, so that when the bland writing turns readers off, they never get to the part about people who have forgiveness in their hearts.

If this were a real writer, they would have put substance in the article, such as the past cases of DV, Rape and Murder with corresponding links. But it's obvious the only research was to get emails from someone then have most of your story "written" by someone that is closest to what you believe.

A snoozer of an article that follows right down the line that the Times prefers. One person sensationalize something, then everyone else follow suit. Bahhhhh! :moon.:

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Edit: I redact anything I may or may not have said

“I’d be wearing my Steelers hat and women would call me out, like, ‘You can’t root for that team,’ ” Trainor said. “He’s the Bill Cosby of the Steelers.”

That is impossible, the cosby thing wasn't a thing when roethlisberger was getting shit. HACK

Bryan

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1owktzqz said:

During the dark years, when the Seahawks weren’t a winning team, Seattle artist Meghan Trainor followed the Pittsburgh Steelers, almost out of desperation.

“There was just a point in the season where you have to pick someone who is going to make it,” she said.

And that's where I stopped reading...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This was a funny comment after this article.....I laughed....Sorry RedAlice.

"Boondoggle
6 hours ago

First of all, not all women are against this player. Secondly, if you don't think this 21 year old kid deserves a second chance under the influence of Pete Carrol, you're a lousy fan anyway. You're not needed or wanted. The Rams need more fans. You're welcome to hop on that train. Either that or except the fact that the Hawks may not manage their team in accordance with your own personal expectations very time."

razgriz737

Reaction score
thebanjodude":x479o95g said:

JFC

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
So I just read the article. I thought it was actually very good. The article really just presents evidence and lets people make up their own mind. It wasn't an agenda piece like I thought it would be. It talks about fans who are forgiving and open-minded, and even the critics who are cited don't seem overly critical, other than the hack-ish sound off at fieldgulls.

It also mentions some very interesting facts about how the sport has actually seem a dramatic increase in popularity with women even after the Ray Rice incident. Turns out, the majority of actual women are more nuanced and understanding of this issue than the narrative drivers would want us to think.

I found it fair and insightful despite the tone of the title. It's a far sight better than anything Larry Stone or Geoff Baker have done on this story.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Won't read it because I don't want to give the times any clicks. Nothing against the author of the article, I'm sure it's much better than any of the garbage that baker "writes."

BTW, any mention of .NET? If not, kind of a waste of censorship from the other thread, eh?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
kearly":j7egasln said:
So I just read the article. I found it fair and insightful despite the tone of the title. It's a far sight better than anything Larry Stone or Geoff Baker have done on this story.

That's not exactly a high bar to clear.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":dkuik9nw said:
Won't read it because I don't want to give the times any clicks. Nothing against the author of the article, I'm sure it's much better than any of the garbage that baker "writes."

BTW, any mention of .NET? If not, kind of a waste of censorship from the other thread, eh?

Ditto. The Times sucks and I won't give them clicks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
cacksman":322gh50e said:
kearly":322gh50e said:
Here's the article Tricia Romano wrote, you might recall she posted at .net a few days ago asking female fans to contact her for their input.

It's behind a paywall and I haven't read it, but I figured I'd link for those who are curious.

Use an incognito tab.

My take: these women haven't been paying attention. They've consumed the narrative forced fed by the media this past week.
I vehemently disagree and said as much to Tricia via email when she approached me.

You offend me and many women not stupid enough to just be a sheep.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2vccsiao said:
cacksman":2vccsiao said:
kearly":2vccsiao said:

Use an incognito tab.

My take: these women haven't been paying attention. They've consumed the narrative forced fed by the media this past week.
I vehemently disagree and said as much to Tricia via email when she approached me.

Woah. Let's not put words in his mouth. He didn't say all women he said these women.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bigtrain21":33o0h7sj said:
MizzouHawkGal":33o0h7sj said:
cacksman":33o0h7sj said:
kearly":33o0h7sj said:

Use an incognito tab.

Woah. Let's not put words in his mouth. He didn't say all women he said these women.
Thing is, I'm wondering which "these" women he and you are talking about given the article itself was pretty balanced.

Maybe it's because I'm out of state and have no clue about the bias of the Seattle Times. It's not something I think is relevant to her in particular and the actual question she asked of the segment of the fan base she wanted an opinion from.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
To me, it was a nothing article. Nothing new, nothing exciting, nothing insightful. Sorry I took the time to read it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3o34roe0 said:

Actually the other thread was about a poster asking for help and turned into a bashing thread about the Times, that's why the lock and edits, once the story was out this thread was about that. Different situations.

Latest posts