Help keep Russell Wilson...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That way you could get a piece of paper saying you "pay" part of Russell Wilson's salary...Just like how some Packers fans "own" a piece of the Packers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
So which is more head-shaking: the fact someone created this? Or the fact people had given $55 to this “cause” over the first five hours?

That from the article pretty much sums up my thoughts on this. Seriously, who comes up with this stuff? I seriously hope the money raised ends up at some charity when this is said and done.

titan3131

Reaction score
the pats have one to pay the fine bill and it was at 3k last I saw.

SMH

kidhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":zdrjb4g4 said:

SMH

Which is also patently stupid. The Brady suspension means the Patriots don't have to pay him, so in the larger scheme of things, the Patriots are saving more money than they are being fined.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1xmnzgz3 said:
It's either this or hipsters looking for funds to open a diner in a hip area of town.
It's $55 dollars. It could be a hipster just trying to get enough money to buy ONE DRINK at a hipster bar.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":18svff0f said:
titan3131":18svff0f said:

SMH

Which is also patently stupid. The Brady suspension means the Patriots don't have to pay him, so in the larger scheme of things, the Patriots are saving more money than they are being fined.

Like not paying 2 million and fined 1 million. And that is if they dont win the appeal....that is Bradnoccio.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Not sure who the bigger morons are, the person that started the fund raiser or the people that donate to it. Heard the folks on KRJ talk about this a hour ago and not one thought that went through my head could be repeated in church without lightning striking me down. :34853_doh:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Well 12s did try to pay Marshawn's fines which ended up going to his charity which he ended up matching.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Of the millions of people in just the USA trying to make ends meet I'm pretty sure Russell ain't one of 'em. Especially now that he's single.

A

Anonymous

Lords of Scythia":rw1szs0y said:
Our Man in Chicago":rw1szs0y said:
It's either this or hipsters looking for funds to open a diner in a hip area of town.
It's $55 dollars. It could be a hipster just trying to get enough money to buy ONE DRINK at a hipster bar.

...personally delivered to his table by Jesus himself.

oasis

Reaction score
I love it. I'm picturing it in my head. There's a press conference and Russ is wearing a suit. "Hey 12s I want to thank you all for the free 5 million dollars that could have went to charity, but is now going into my bank account. Go Hawks."
/sarcasm.
77c

nategreat

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the few who actually think it's a good idea. Worst case scenario he signs a new contract and donates all of the money from the fundraiser to the Children's Hospital or another charity. There's no way he would actually keep it. And it reiterates the love the 12's have for him, if he had any doubts.

drdiags

Reaction score
It is a gimmick and misplaced. If Wilson needs his ego stroked that much it is time for him to re-evaluate. Fans just like to interject themselves into things they feel they have no control over.

Power to the folks who want to participate but there are many charitable causes that might be better candidates for this. Maybe they can take this money and give it to the guys that wanted to construct "The Tip" statute?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I support his contract and others by buying licensed merch. Although I do not own a Wilson jersey. I'm a big guy and single digits don't look good on fat dudes.
:179422:

original poster

Reaction score
Absolutely cringe worthy.

We've embarrassed ourselves in front of the whole league with this.

Latest posts