Bruce Irvin @ Hawks BB game 5/13/15 quote

titan3131

Reaction score
http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/5/14/ ... ta-falcons

/facepalm

this guy is a dunce, completely ruining his leverage for FREE AGENCY.

According to Samuel Logan of Black Sports Online, Irvin was pretty enthusiastic about playing for the Falcons after watching the Atlanta Hawks win last night.

"I’m going to be in Atlanta next season. I’m ready," said Irvin in response to my question about where he wants to be after his contract his up.

Maybe he wants to play for the Hawks?

The Seahawks declined to pickup Irvin's fifth-year option that would have paid him about $7.8 million. Seattle has otherwise publicly stated they intend to sign Irvin to a deal, but Irvin sounds unlikely to sign such an agreement.

"Atlanta is where I want to be. Believe that," said Irvin.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I really wish the Hawks could have worked out a trade during the draft. Talking about playing for another team while you're still under contract here? Not a good idea.

Ship him to the Jags, Bradley needs help on D

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I asked Irvin if the Seahawks “showed him the money”, would he stay and he said:

“Atlanta is where I want to be. Believe that,” said Irvin.

:roll:

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Brock and salk are right the person most pissed about this is HIS AGENT.

You cant drive up a market if everyone knows you only want to go to ATL.

also he used to sell crack, but didnt smoke it...

12thbrah

Reaction score
The countdown is on to Bruce Irvin being traded. Agent needs to cutoff Bruce's access to social media

cheese22

Reaction score
Doesn't this make it real hard to trade him this year? Who wants to give anything in a trade for a one year rental of an average LB?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Please trade this little whining baby. If he was HALF as good as he THINKS he is, I'd be worried about him leaving. Don't let the door hit ya' on the way out Brucey :roll:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3d5374mt said:
Don't we get a 4th as a comp if he walks anyway?
Depends on the size of the contract he signs in FA and also what we do in FA. But that pick wouldn't be until 2017

crosfam

Reaction score
cheese22":3os7neol said:
Doesn't this make it real hard to trade him this year? Who wants to give anything in a trade for a one year rental of an average LB?

I would not say he is average - he is becoming quite an explosive player. But it is obvious that he will not re-sign. We should have looked to trade him before the draft. Maybe a couple of picks in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round range were to be had. Now we would be lucky to get a single 4th round pick. I guess we can play him for the year at 1.7M, knowing he will be gone.

I am sure we will be developing a few other guys to take his place this year. Maybe Clark if we want size, but probably others like Gwacham, Pinkins, KPL.

massari

Reaction score
Wonder what they could of got for him at the draft? The Jets were in need of an OLB before they made the pick in the 3rd, wonder if the Hawks couldv've delt Irvin straight up for that pick?

AgentDib

Reaction score
He's in a contract year. I have no concerns about his on-field willingness this season and if he wants to re-unite with Quinn next season I'm fine with a comp pick down the road. We have next off-season to replace him if needed in FA or the draft, and his replacement may already be on the current roster in some combination of Clark and KPL. Not an issue in my book.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Before we get in a tizzy here, let's please consider the media source. Does anyone know much about blacksportsonline? I know I never have? Maybe this is akin to the Michael Bennett false report. Everyone wants a piece of you when you're on top, and we're the damn king's of the hill!

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
He has a big ego, who says Atlanta would even want him. If I saw a player mouthing off like that I would not want him on my team as soon as something does not go his way you know what will happen. It is too bad they could not trade him at the draft to get something.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Come up a yard short, don't get a big payday, start undermining the team? Some of these guys are grown children.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2necn6nv said:
Come up a yard short, don't get a big payday, start undermining the team? Some of these guys are grown children.

I really can't see him playing here this year if he said what the reports are saying, no way is he going to go out there and give 100%, I say trade him, suspend him, or cut his dumb ass.

Rob12

Reaction score
Dominate this year and drive your price up. That's nothing but gravy for us.

Bye bye, Bruce.