Oh My GAWD !!!! Russell tweets, whatever does he mean?

Rocket

Reaction score
"Doubted me then. Doubt me now. All I know is the ‪#‎BestIsAhead‬ either way. Sleep if you want to..."
from Wilson's facebook page
( mods, it woulda got lost in the Anthony show... my apologies )

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Embedded tweet...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/598980886714064898[/tweet]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
His tweets really aren't too subtle anymore.

Earlier today:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/598913500757364736[/tweet]

Normally, I HATE when folks here try to interpret cryptic tweets, but this isn't really all that mysterious when you read these two together.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
This is just the front office'$ way of pressing the right buttons. Remember # 3 talks to the teams sports psychologist often....I hope this gamble pays off with the greatest season by a qb of all time and will justify the money he wants...#all In#paythatman

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":36x5cxb5 said:
So the only way to be grateful and respectful to Russ is to saddle the team with his gigantic salary?

To be fair, no one really knows what numbers are actually being thrown out there by both sides. It's possible that Seattle's offer IS insultingly low. For example, they did that to Tate and lost on that gamble. However, it's also possible that Russell's expectations are totally unreasonable if he's demanding a sum substantially above what anyone else is making.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sounds pissed. Ok, Russ I ain't skeered because I live in Missouri. So how about you "show me?" Bring your best because if you do you'll get your money, but understand this, nothing but victory in February will do since you insist on the "Show Me" route.

It takes two to tango and in my opinion the real dance is just starting. Damned exciting to be a Seahawk fan right now. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3dp7i4ky said:
His tweets really aren't too subtle anymore.

Earlier today:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/598913500757364736[/tweet]

Normally, I HATE when folks here try to interpret cryptic tweets, but this isn't really all that mysterious when you read these two together.
I think RW went with the wrong agent, a baseball agent, that is new to the NFL contracts.

If he doesn't sign an extension before the 2015 season, he'll only make 1.5 million for the 2015 season, and then be franchised for the next 2 years if still no deal is reached. This agent is costing him money as soon as this upcoming year if no extension is reached.

I hope he has his old agent on speed dial.

mikeak

Reaction score
HommyHawk":s19u8mtz said:
This is just the front office'$ way of pressing the right buttons. Remember # 3 talks to the teams sports psychologist often....I hope this gamble pays off with the greatest season by a qb of all time and will justify the money he wants...#all In#paythatman

Sure like Irvin - totally motivated for the long term ..... Just not with Seattle

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
mikeak":1g292o44 said:
HommyHawk":1g292o44 said:

Sure like Irvin - totally motivated for the long term ..... Just not with Seattle
This is nothing like Irvin. Nothing

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Why is everyone assuming this has something to do with his contract. Russ probably got a lot of crap from people saying he was just average after the super bowl.Also his last tweet is for Irvin clearly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm 100% certain that earlier tweet is from Russ directed at Irvin.

SHOTS FIRED. I'll take Russ

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I get it, it's a long off season, everyone is bored. But that doesn't mean that everything players tweet about is related to football. I doubt these about his contract negotiations, that hasn't been his style.

Just like Backpack Rich's tweet yesterday had nothing to do with his injury but everyone was freaking out

Rob12

Reaction score
"Doubted me then" can't reference the Seahawks. After all, we drafted him. They didn't doubt him when he was starting as a rookie.

I hate Twitter.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There's a reason QB's are the highest paid players in the league: THEY'RE WORTH IT!!! 7-9 without RW. Same team one year later in the playoffs and now back to back Super Bowls.

Pay him. The cap is going up.

massari

Reaction score
sports hernia":6s5gdnar said:
If he doesn't sign an extension before the 2015 season, he'll only make 1.5 million for the 2015 season, and then be franchised for the next 2 years if still no deal is reached. This agent is costing him money as soon as this upcoming year if no extension is reached.

How much would it count against the cap if he's franchised for 2 years?

EDIT: sorry, I messed up the quote.

(HH fixes quote...)