Bo & Boz reunite for charity, talk about that game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bo's long run that day was pretty impressive but really had nothing to do with bosworth, there's not a linebacker in the league that would have stopped it. "Bo running over bosworth" is one of the most overblown plays in nfl history, IMO. To hear about it now you would think that bo ran over him, blew him back 5 yards and put him on his ass. In reality, bo hit bosworth on the shoulder, did a spin move and was still brought down (although in the end one).

impacthawk

Reaction score
Nice Read. It is good to see a couple of older guys now, look back and decide over time, what is truly important. I was at that game in 1987, and I remember it well. At the time I was 23 years old sitting in my parents seats. I remember the hype of that game....maybe one of the most hyped up games in Seahawk history up to that point......and it was all Bo Jackson. Boz was such a disappointment in that big moment. It wasn't personal, but as a player, he let me down more than any other over the first 20 years in franchise history. Now.....with many years to reflect and much maturity, I feel bad for him. I think he said it best in that article, when he said he "Just didn't know when to quit". He was such a competitor and pushed his body so hard in college that by the time he showed up in Seattle, he was done.

But on the flip side, watching Bo Jackson run that night, as a fan of football, was something to behold. The acceleration down the sideline and into that tunnel was amazing. I still hate the Raiders because of game like this one.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For those who might be younger or newer fans, here are the two plays of signifigance from that night.

[youtube]lSjllemuOh0[/youtube]

[youtube]0BQ72rE6iyw[/youtube]