Where There's Smoke?

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Saw something online earlier that call that Bleacher report article completely false. Which isn't surprising considering the source. And now more places are citing it as fact, great.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It wasn't the Bleacher Report (they are garbage) but the tweets that interested me...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1iwe0hlh said:
It wasn't the Bleacher Report (they are garbage) but the tweets that interested me...

He's made tweets of a similar nature for as long as I've followed his account (almost 2 seasons now). It's just his mentality.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree, ultimately if the negotiation goes off the rails we all will know. Meanwhile it's still the preseason and the team and RW's agent are talking the media reports are merely muckraking to sell views.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
A league source who knows exactly what’s going on with Russell Wilson’s contract negotiations told me this afternoon the Bleacher Report post from this morning that the two-time Super Bowl quarterback and the Seahawks are so far apart it is unlikely to get done before this season is inaccurate.

In fact, the source said today’s national report is almost entirely fictitious.

What is fact?

These talks, which began in earnest following the Super Bowl Feb. 1, are simply a work in progress. That’s it. Any talk of almost insurmountable gulf is inaccurate.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... ictitious/

Bottom line, don't believe in the veracity of any anonymously-sourced report. Far too many of them have proven to be utter B.S.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Aros":3cpiczfl said:
The tweets don't interest me, probably has nothing to do with his contract

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'm a devout Russell Wilson fan. But I'm growing tired of his tweeting (and subTweeting)

I'm not going to worry about the contract process because I know that the Hawks can work this to their advantage and play hardball if they need to. Play out final year, RFA after that and have him for a couple more years... cheaper than what is reported that he is asking. (I still don't put any credence into most of the reports so far)

Either RW wants to be a Seahawk, as he's said repeatedly, or he will chase $$ and spare no expense. I don't think JS will play that game.

Either way, we are in a good spot. It would be even better if we had 2 Owls in the bank though. XLIX... it is going to haunt me forever.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I looked at those tweets in the article. Someone, please explain to me how the tweets relate to the contract negotiations...? I'm highly confused, unless I'm looking at something totally different, we're reading too much into someone's social media posts.

idahohawk

Reaction score
There are many who are claiming he is "subTweeting" (referencing other players... Irvin etc) and the front office, by being vague. The timing is the key ingredient, but his tweets never specifically point out the exact meaning.

All in all, it's just "offseason" stuff, and after 2 straight Owl appearances, we are in a good spot. Not as good as if we had Back2Back Owls, but nonetheless, enjoy the window, y'all.

But even if the contract doesn't get done, I feel this upcoming season will be better than the last. Why not us? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
idahohawk":7xl0bsf9 said:
There are many who are claiming he is "subTweeting" (referencing other players... Irvin etc) and the front office, by being vague. The timing is the key ingredient, but his tweets never specifically point out the exact meaning.

All in all, it's just "offseason" stuff, and after 2 straight Owl appearances, we are in a good spot. Not as good as if we had Back2Back Owls, but nonetheless, enjoy the window, y'all.

But even if the contract doesn't get done, I feel this upcoming season will be better than the last. Why not us? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Agree with most of this...but I would call it more offseason "FLUFF" so that the reporters have more to gain readership.

Hope the course is better than a couple of months ago. I played there then and the lake was frozen. Stone ridge was decent tho. :mrgreen:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think his tweeting is just motivational stuff, per usual.

I love BR's "sources" though...."citing "sources who understand the situation,"....literally anyone can claim to understand the situation; other GM's, other agents, analysts, etc. That means less than nothing to me.

I find this situation very interesting. On one hand, Wilson has a ton of leverage: we got Graham and Lockett so he has more weapons now than ever before, also upgraded the OL, we don't have a backup or plan for a backup at ALL, and Luck is due to sign his mega deal next year, thus upping the ante even more for average QB contracts. On that point alone the Hawks would be wise to get Wilson's deal in before Luck's.

Then again, the Seahawks have a decent bit of leverage as well: Wilson's performances in both the NFCCG and the Superbowl, and last year was a seeming plateau year, plus we still have 1 year left on his rookie deal thus cost averaging the price of franchise tagging him way down. It's almost ridiculous that the Seahawks can tag Wilson twice and still end up paying him 15 mil/year for those 3 years.

When both sides have legitimate leverage, negotiations can sometimes really drag out.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2uh1r86q said:
I looked at those tweets in the article. Someone, please explain to me how the tweets relate to the contract negotiations...? I'm highly confused, unless I'm looking at something totally different, we're reading too much into someone's social media posts.

Well that's the question of course. NONE OF US KNOW FOR SURE what he is referring to. However, based on current circumstance, he's either referencing his frustration over the current contract negotiations or he's not. And if he's not, then TELL US WHAT YOU'RE SAYING RUSS! Why the cryptic messages? Drives me bat shit when players engage in ambiguous messaging. Just say what is on your mind without the guess work!

I guess that is the ONE thing (and only one thing) that I respect from Irvin's twitter feed. At least he gets it:

Spell it out. Don't hide behind ambiguous messages. Just say what you feel!

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Man, you're tearing through these wuss threads Volsung.

I think Aaron Rodgers needs to drop some wisdom on some people around here.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Where there's smoke, probability increases in finding more than 1 self medicating NFL player. :p