Article: "Fictitious" gulf in seahawks-Wilson talks

grizbob

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12gs4dfn said:
Rocket":12gs4dfn said:
There's a lot of that bull stuff being passed on as "news" lately.
So true, I miss the "3 source rule".

How about I heard from a friend who heard it from his cousin who heard it on the radio :mrgreen:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
grizbob":228ynb9u said:
Sports Hernia":228ynb9u said:
Rocket":228ynb9u said:

How about I heard from a friend who heard it from his cousin who heard it on the radio :mrgreen:

The 3 source rule....me, myself and I, sounds like an anonymous source

Hawks46

Reaction score
Journalism in general is so poor anymore that it's ridiculous. It's like people have gotten so used to false reports and the media just plain being wrong, that it's not a big deal anymore when someone is wrong.

Look at the BR article. The guys quotes a source "that understands the situation". Not is familiar with the situation, not that knows anyone in the situation, not that has heard anything about the situation. Anyone can claim to "understand" the situation if they work in the NFL.

Like I said before, this is going to take a while. Both sides have certain leverage. I personally think Wilson wants a fair market contract, but he's also intelligent enough to know if he goes for max that it will cripple the team a bit. So both sides are working out those parameters.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I appreciate the thesis of the piece, and agree with it.

However, I gotta say, writers these days are decreasingly careful when it comes to making assumptions (especially about social media). I want to point out an assumption Bell makes in the article so that this type of thinking doesn't go without notice.

“Always control what you can control. Never let others nonsense & lack of gratefulness & respect bring you down. #BestIsAhead” Who knows what that means; the QB often writes such cryptic missives that way.

How is that tweet cryptic? It's a pretty direct declaration of the value of goals and focus. The only way it is cryptic is if you make the utterly-gigantic assumption that Wilson is slyly trying to express something autobiographical.

As it would happen, the writer of the above article is guilty of making the same primary mistake as the people he's chiding. Maybe Wilson is telling his hot-headed receivers to stop caring about what media personalities have to say. Maybe he's quoting something his father said to him. Maybe he just read something similar in a shitty motivational book.

Any of those is as or more likely to be the case than veiled autobiography.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cl0p7jnt said:
Rocket":cl0p7jnt said:
Shoot, I'd settle for 1 real source

original poster

Reaction score
It's a case of the media grabbing on to anything. RW3 sells stories. It's not as if stories come flooding in during the off season, is it?

two dog

Reaction score
I swear, these "reporters" read something by someone else, put
2+2 together and get 796.

It's entertaining but also irritating.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't want to know the progress of the negotiations? Yes, I'm on twitter a lot for Seahawks news, so I am updated, which is my fault. All I care about is whether they get a deal done before he signs with another team or not.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Most Buisness owners these days have two social media set ups. One is really "Buisness and marketing" and the other for true friends and family. The formers accounts are usually updated by employees or marketing services. I would not be surprised if this was the case with Russell Wilson.