The game that started the LOB

Captain

Reaction score
I consider this the game that sort of started the whole LOB and also a turning point in seahawks history. Sherman replaced Thurmond after an injury and Browner got the pick 6 to seal the game.

[youtube]j78YOeSFrFc[/youtube]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sherman said his rookie year vs Arizona was when Browner really took charge and instilled the mindset of the LOB

OP
OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Actually I was wrong. It was the following week when Thurmond went out and pushed Sherm in to the starting lineup...

Still a fun game to watch though none the less!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Interesting fact: Browner's pick-6 to end the game was actually largely down to a nice timely deflection from Thurmond.

OP
OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":9peecn40 said:
Interesting fact: Browner's pick-6 to end the game was actually largely down to a nice timely deflection from Thurmond.

Another fun fact: It was the last game of the Aaron Curry era.

kearly

Reaction score
Cruz dominated that game. Funny how the pick to end it was basically on him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Captain":3vnmha8d said:
MontanaHawk05":3vnmha8d said:

Another fun fact: It was the last game of the Aaron Curry era.

#59 Curry should have had the game-ending pick. Instead, he deflects an easy catch, thankfully up to Kam, who does catch it.

I always felt this was the game the Seahawks declared they were not your father's Seahawks.
It was like the script was all written, another heroic late-game comeback from Eli Manning, the NY sports writers had their copy written, and then the Seahawks fowl it up!

BTW, Eli had his career high passing yards in that game, probably around 450. Not a great LOB day, but a great LOB ending.

TwilightError

Reaction score
That was basically the turnng point for Giants as well, who went and won the Super Bowl after a lousy start for the season. The Browner pick is still one of the greatest high points of my career as a Seahawks fan. What a great player.

Its not on the level of beastquake or the tip, but a great memory altogether.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":fwlxre4i said:
Victor Cruz slipped on that play too.
That play wasn't meant for Victor Cruz...>ALL< players have bad plays, and it just so happened to be his time to roll the snake eyes. :twisted:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
The following week wasn't it the Cleveland game where the Whitehurst supporters crawled back into the cave after his awesome performance.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1wf7d7vi said:

It was actually Chancellor, Thurmond never got a hand on the ball. He went for the tackle.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2ii1vx2l said:
The following week wasn't it the Cleveland game where the Whitehurst supporters crawled back into the cave after his awesome performance.
I remember thinking that was Whitehurst's final chance to own the starting job and he failed

DaveyP

Reaction score
I was at the Cleveland game, and yes, that was the game in which Thurmond got hurt (and featured a thrilling 6-3 final score!)

I remember thinking to myself "Oh great, now this Richard Sherman guy is going to be thrust into the starting lineup. As if things couldn't be worse".

This is the first time I've ever admitted this publicly.