Aggravating uninformed drivel of an article

titan3131

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eig ... 068#page=8

Not a single good reason that the hawks will digress.

“We’ve got depth, and we’ve got guys that we know can play,’’ Carroll said after the trade of Unger. “We played a lot of games with these guys last year, so we’ll look forward to everybody contributing.”

In case you aren’t fluent in coach-speak, Carroll is saying, “we’re screwed.” -----WTH IS THIS GUY THINKING he is a mouthbreather.

The writer of this is worse then pete prisco. First the Niners are nipping the heels of ARI and SEA and then they are the upset team? Theres a better chance of Tomsula being the 2nd coming of christ.

And then the List doesnt include the BRONCOS? They added nothing and Peyton's arm is this close to falling off. I don't know if I am every going to click on a MSN link again.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Articles like these are what this team thrives on. I'm glad people are starting to pick against the Hawks, the players really rally behind being the underdog

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":2qqh55ws said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eight-nfl-teams-that-will-take-a-step-back-in-2015/ar-BBjU068#page=8

Not a single good reason that the hawks will digress.

“We’ve got depth, and we’ve got guys that we know can play,’’ Carroll said after the trade of Unger. “We played a lot of games with these guys last year, so we’ll look forward to everybody contributing.”

In case you aren’t fluent in coach-speak, Carroll is saying, “we’re screwed.” -----WTH IS THIS GUY THINKING he is a mouthbreather.

The writer of this is worse then pete prisco. First the Niners are nipping the heels of ARI and SEA and then the are the upset team? Theres a better chance of Tomsula being the 2nd coming of christ.

And then the List doesnt include the BRONCOS? They added nothing and peytons arm is this close to falling off. I dont know if I am every going to click on a MSN link again.

It's not MSN, it's Yardbarker. Just like Bleacher Report's relationship to CNN.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Basis4day":cgm6klvb said:
It's not MSN, it's Yardbarker. Just like Bleacher Report's relationship to CNN.

I think BR has strayed away from the "anyone can write columns!" model.. Yardbarker on the other hand has not.

Also getting angry that some no name writer, a named writer, the Pope, Obama, etc. doesn't think this team is about to go 19-0 is such a wasted emotion :lol:

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with some guy picking against the Hawks. He could be right and/or maybe he's a Cards fan.

The projections worth paying attention to over the off-season are the Vegas odds. There are six teams currently listed at better than 5% odds.

#1) Seahawks (17%)
#2) Packers (13%)
#3) Patriots (12%)
#4) Colts (11%)
#5) Cowboys (8%)
#6) Broncos (8%)

That paints a very rosy picture and adds even more importance to our week 2 game.

endzorn

Reaction score
Why do people get so worked up about this stuff? If any other team was going through the exact same scenario and this article was pointed at them we'd be nodding our collective head in agreement. It's just one person's opinion.

TahoeHawk

Reaction score
I know it's hard to tune articles like that out, but it's probably healthier for our blood pressure (as Seahawks' fans) if we do.

I find that, with each passing year, the quality of "sports journalism" seems to diminish. The model for many articles about NFL teams, these days, seems to be: (1) start with a headline that will pull suckers (like me) in; (2) make outlandish claims in the article that will either piss off a team's fanbase, or get them overly excited; and (3) "cherry pick" facts in order to support those outlandish claims in the least laughable way.

In today's world of 24-hour news, short attention spans, and a greater and greater number of people able to pass themselves off as "journalists" . . . the situation isn't going to get better anytime soon.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
im more mad because I could provide a better analysis then this Crock. And he makes way more money then me currently.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So start writing already, and otherwise hit the ignore button for all yardbarker and bleacher report articles allowing your blood pressure to drop.

I'm amazed what rubbish we fans will read to follow our team. For me usually once the article stops making sense to me I hit the X button. That single bit of self control allows me to be less annoyed with the total BS that spews from some of these "knowledgeable writers".

Oh, and another thing don't read anything that Pete Prisco offers up as he is lifetime hater of anything the Seahawks do.

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":afy8d48x said:
im more mad because I could provide a better analysis then this Crock. And he makes way more money then me currently.

How much money do you think blogger Jesse Reed of Sportsnaut makes for his columns they post on Yardbarker?

This isn't Don Banks, Peter King or even Bob Condotta we're talking about here.

http://sportsnaut.com/masthead/

45Hawker

Reaction score
For the Seahawks, "taking a step back" probably means "not making it to the Super Bowl". If that's the author's premise, It's not a bad prediction. Repeat SB trips are pretty rare.

I too have concerns about our O-line and WR's. But, I think the hawks have the talent and coaching to make it back - but every team needs some luck and the ability to overcome injuries to get there.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw an article the other day where the author said RW was just along for the ride and that the defense stole the show. These guys had better not bet on what they're spewing. They be homeless after the season.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Blood boiling? This article will have no impact on anything. Who cares?

nanomoz

Reaction score
If it is drivel, why share it and help it generate clicks?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1qtmq6yq said:
If an infinite number of Monkeys were typing on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite amount of time, eventually, they would produce the entire works of Shakespeare.

Or even the same letters he used...

Articles like these aren't intended to impart objective information, only to generate hits. And some here hit it. I was one of them. I disagree that we'll take much of a step back overall. In fact, we may be better than last year during the regular season on offense.

But as we saw in the SB, injuries and one good game by an opponent can end your season at any time in the playoffs; or one miracle ending can turn it all around (see NFCCG).

kearly

Reaction score
Not angry. I think there is something amusing about reading a spectacularly poor article (although the non-Seahawks portion was not completely idiotic).

Calling Unger our best offensive lineman in 2014 proves the writer didn't watch the Hawks play. Or glance at his stat page to see that he missed 10 games in 2014. Unger was injured and a shell of himself for the second year in a row. When healthy Unger is a good player with terrible snaps (including a bad snap that contributed to the famous final play). But Unger wasn't healthy and to my eyes was outplayed by Patrick Lewis last season. Unger was one of my favorite Seahawks, but I am not putting much stock into his departure killing the team. Especially since he's missed almost a season's worth of games the last two years.

Lynch is not like most RB and isn't impacted by workload the same way. He was coming off a 2013 season with 365 carries and 45 receptions including the playoffs. Everyone predicted he'd decline last year. Yet he actually IMPROVED in 2014. Most RBs are not as powerful, durable and as athletic as Lynch. Bigger, stronger RBs with elite athleticism tend to age better.

The writer is correct that Seattle failed to add a true outside WR, but Tyler Lockett and Jimmy Graham will have a huge impact on the passing game and it's silly to brush over that.

The real causes for concern are these: The Seahawks will have the 4th ranked SoS next year with almost all the toughest games on the road. They face a ridiculously high 6 opponents coming off a bye. They replaced a very good corner with an unproven one, and their backup CBs look somewhat shaky. Sherm, Kam, and Earl are all coming off of injuries. They will probably get little to nothing out of Paul Richardson this year.

None of those things are mentioned. But the writer would actually have to know what he's talking about to bring those things up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Best case scenario is that we crush the league and steamroll our way to another Championship.

Worst case scenario is the the LoB doesn't come back healthy and we struggle all year on defense with injuries and integrating new players.

Either scenario is impossible to predict right now. Our rookies could step up and hit our "C-" draft grade right out of the park. I personally don't get bent about anything until after TC. THEN if we don't have viable upgrades or players filling holes, we can be worried.