Seahawks 21st in latest ESPN Power Rankings (Uniforms)

thebanjodude

Reaction score
This is BS. Seattle is at least top 10. The Raiders and the Bears in the top 5? Really???

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Before typing the following let me preface by saying that in my last two posts I said 1) that the Seahawks' team building from 2010-2012 is in my opinion the best in NFL history and 2) that Lynch and Sherman are the two best players in the NFC West. I point these out merely to clarify that the following statement is a matter of opinion and isn't resulting from some weird bias:

I seriously think the Seahawks uniforms are abnormally goofy and ugly. I don't think the 9ers uniforms are that great or anything special, but the Gak green the Seahawks use just befuddles me.

Sorry guys.

Luckily what's done IN the uniforms is what matters. :lol:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":2eo2q13a said:
This is BS. Seattle is at least top 10. The Raiders and the Bears in the top 5? Really???

If you've read Uni Watch in any way, you realize pretty quickly that Lukas is pretty much a traditionalist. He admits this in what is essentially the first rule of the rankings:

All judging has been done by the Uni Watch Power Rankings Executive Committee, which has a membership of one and freely admits its biases. The committee is rather fond of striped socks, for example, but is less enthusiastic about monochromatic uniforms (solid-red, solid-black, and so on) and takes a dim view of design "innovations" that just feel like gimmicks.

He's been on record as disliking the Hawks unis for years now.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It is the most feared uniform, imagine offenses seeing a Sea of blue coming at them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pretty solid list, and I've said before that time will not be kind to neon green or teal.........and that was the main negative with the writer. Just not a classic look, ask the 90's M's.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
My gripe is the eagles in the top 10 when they are extremely close to our Holmgren era unis

athanas

Reaction score
Have never been able to get on board with the new unis. While I have softened from the speaking in tongues level of anger I felt when Nike first unveiled them to now being at least tolerant of them, I don't see myself getting one, (outside of maybe getting some Chinese knock off # 12's with SB patches to hang on my sports wall...still debating,).

Been looking for an Easley jersey for years. Until then, I'll be rocking my tattered Reebok Mack Strong and #12 jerseys.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NFL players love our uniforms. I have seen so many players across the league asked about uniforms in various interviews and a majority list the Seahawks as one of their favorites.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1u2rvb0e said:
I have seen so many players across the league asked about uniforms in various interviews and a majority list the Seahawks as one of their favorites.

Really? How many players are "so many"?

In my 25 years of watching football I can't recall ever seeing a single player asked this question.

It also seems like it would be pretty weird for an NFL player to be talking about how much he admires a different team's uniform (even if asked this question it seems like one that anyone with any sense would punt on rather than answering).

keatonisballin

Reaction score
We have the best in the league. This list is just one person's opinion who only likes the lame ass traditional jerseys.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6gupsbwd said:

In my 25 years of watching football I can't recall ever seeing a single player asked this question.

It also seems like it would be pretty weird for an NFL player to be talking about how much he admires a different team's uniform (even if asked this question it seems like one that anyone with any sense would punt on rather than answering).
Uploadfromtaptalk1432234044867

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2012/04/03 ... rs-longing

Basis4day

Reaction score
Popeyejones":r431yyx1 said:
HawkFan72":r431yyx1 said:
I have seen so many players across the league asked about uniforms in various interviews and a majority list the Seahawks as one of their favorites.

[youtube]3MESaKppJxQ[/youtube]

From later in the interview:

"We don't have Seattle's uniforms, which are mind-boggling ... they're awesome. The Seahawks got some bangin' suits, and Nike did really well with them. I can't wait until everybody steps out with the new unis this year. "

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15h0fwul said:
Pretty solid list, and I've said before that time will not be kind to neon green or teal.........and that was the main negative with the writer. Just not a classic look, ask the 90's M's.

The Mariners have had teal accents in their uniforms since 1993, and it is an absolutely timeless uniform. It doesn't feel dated in the least. I'll never understand why suddenly everyone thinks blue and yellow is a better color combo.

Unless you are talking about the teal alt jerseys, in which case, I can understand your point.

kearly

Reaction score
IMO, the Hawks uniforms are like chop suey: a lot of stuff is thrown together randomly and not all of it works. But from a distance the Hawks unis are one of the better looking uniforms. The Hawks unis are HFFA.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I hated the Reebok blue Seahawks jerseys so much that nike could have made us look like the Raiders and I would have felt it was an improvement.

That being said, I wasn't terribly excited about the uniforms when they first debuted, but they have grown on me a lot. They use the perfect amount of green, IMO. The only change I would really make is I would make the numbers a flat gray color, rather than the pattern.

The plus side of the pattern though, is makes the fake jerseys incredibly easy to spot.

kearly

Reaction score
No team that wears yellow pants should be #1 on any uniform list. And pretty much everyone agrees that the Steelers throwback uniforms are the ugliest in sports.

Some of the uniforms he has at the bottom of the list should be in the top 10. Fans voted the Panthers uniforms to be the best at NFL.com, and he has them at #27.

The Browns new uniforms should be #32 with a chasm between them and #31. I have zero artistic talent and it looks like something I would make.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
All I ever hear is compliments with our uniforms , I am surprised many on you don't like them . I really think they are awesome . I am not surprised about being 21 , I did not agree with that entire article