Jon Ryan on American Ninja Warrior

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Yay! The Ginga Ninja! Did you know he got a "random" NFL drug test the day after he posted some pics on Twitter showing how ripped he was getting while training for ANW? He said he just got a knock on the door at homes and it was someone demanding bodily fluids. Guess he must have passed since I haven't heard anything.

Anyway, I've watched the show since the beginning when it was on G4 network. It got such good ratings that NBC picked it up and I don't like the NBC coverage as much - too much back-story on the athletes (especially if they've faced any adversity) and not enough just seeing them run the damn course.

Seriously, it's like "Oh, during the commercial some amazing course-running happened that we're not going to show you, but here's another music-backed background montage about the next runner who was tragically bullied in junior high. And if he advances we're going to show you same exact same montage every. single. time. he runs the course". So yeah, it's a DVR situation for sure.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1wtzq15n said:
Yay! The Ginga Ninja! Did you know he got a "random" NFL drug test the day after he posted some pics on Twitter showing how ripped he was getting while training for ANW? He said he just got a knock on the door at homes and it was someone demanding bodily fluids. Guess he must have passed since I haven't heard anything.

Anyway, I've watched the show since the beginning when it was on G4 network. It got such good ratings that NBC picked it up and I don't like the NBC coverage as much - too much back-story on the athletes (especially if they've faced any adversity) and not enough just seeing them run the damn course.

Seriously, it's like "Oh, during the commercial some amazing course-running happened that we're not going to show you, but here's another music-backed background montage about the next runner who was tragically bullied in junior high. And if he advances we're going to show you same exact same montage every. single. time. he runs the course". So yeah, it's a DVR situation for sure.

Thats what network tv does. Have you watched any of the past 8 olympics? Feel good story feel good story feel good story, taped race, feel good story medal stand, taped event, feel good story, Close up on Costas pink eye....

mikeak

Reaction score
^ yes. Went from loving the Olympics to can't stand it.

Sports geared towards non-sport loving people

I get why but hate it

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Getting drug tested by the NFL is dumb on the NFL part.

Jon Ryan has always been ripped or very good shape his entire career. Especially compared to most punters/kickers.

It wouldn't take much weight-lifted/cross fitness to get to his Ninja status.

NFL is just singling out everyone with commitment. Sometimes they'll hit on a cheater but most times it's a bunch of crap. Remember Earl Thomas and his shoulder got tested because he said his shoulder felt fine on Twitter.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks slogan this year should be:

Seahawks 2015: Even Our Punter is Bad Ass.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We'll know Ryan is in the zone if he makes this face during his run:

jon-ryan-pass.jpg

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
SnoCoHawk":7l8b6kff said:

I remember that. My maid or nanny would have to just say, "Um, he moved."

nanomoz

Reaction score
hgwellz12":f2wuhxfn said:
SnoCoHawk":f2wuhxfn said:

I remember that. My maid or nanny would have to just say, "Um, he moved."

Ha! Awesome.