Sometimes, it just hits you...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I happen to turn to NFL Network, right before "America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions - 2013 Seattle Seahawks" starts up.

:th2thumbs:

I instantly smile. And the timing could not be better... I finally just got around to re-watching the Super Bowl yesterday and it set me off in some kind of fugue.

Sometimes, it just hits you... and at times, it's still hard to believe (not to mention we were THIS CLOSE to winning back to back).

We are so fortunate to have claimed a Lombardi - they can never take it away. I always think about how Bills fans (losing FOUR STRAIGHT! - still no ring) or Vikings fans (four losses total and still no ring) must feel.

Cheers...

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
No doubt.
I clicked on the channel at the very end showing Pete in slo mo at The Clink for the get together after the parade.
I missed it by that ...much.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was watching NFLN the other day and they had a segment about who the nation thought would be the next dynasty. Fans from around the country would text their vote. The teams that were offered up were the Cowboys, Packers, Colts, Patriots and Seahawks.

Back in the day, it would have been absurd to include the Seahawks in such a poll. After all, we were the red-headed step child of the NFL for decades.

Not only are we included in such polls, but we WON THE POLL.

Lord, how far we have come. Thank ya (insert deity of choice here)!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aros":1msuel64 said:
I was watching NFLN the other day and they had a segment about who the nation thought would be the next dynasty. Fans from around the country would text their vote. The teams that were offered up were the Cowboys, Packers, Colts, Patriots and Seahawks.

Back in the day, it would have been absurd to include the Seahawks in such a poll. After all, we were the red-headed step child of the NFL for decades.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... xt-dynasty

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":1sjxu4mt said:

It is. But now nobody heckles me on Red Friday.:(

Is it bad that I wish the Chiefs could beat the Broncos three ways to Monday and meet us in Santa Clara in February?

RiverDog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":fewt4k28 said:
I happen to turn to NFL Network, right before "America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions - 2013 Seattle Seahawks" starts up.

I instantly smile. And the timing could not be better... I finally just got around to re-watching the Super Bowl yesterday and it set me off in some kind of fugue.

Sometimes, it just hits you... and at times, it's still hard to believe (not to mention we were THIS CLOSE to winning back to back).

We are so fortunate to have claimed a Lombardi - they can never take it away. I always think about how Bills fans (losing FOUR STRAIGHT! - still no ring) or Vikings fans (four losses total and still no ring) must feel.

Cheers...

It seems to me that as just getting there is such a huge task, history is beginning to recognize, as well it should, the Bill's 4 straight SB appearances as a monumental achievement even though they were all losing efforts.

There are fan bases that are, in my opinion, worse off than the Bills and Vikings. The Lions haven't been to so much as a conference championship game since the merger, and I'd have to do a google to see when the last time they appeared in a pre merger NFL championship game. Their ineptness spans 3 generations. The Browns not only have never been to a Super Bowl, but lost their original franchise and haven't so much as seen the playoffs since they were re-invented, and now they have that terd Johnny Football hanging around their necks.

I heard a story of a Browns fan that as part of his burial wishes, wanted members of the Browns to be his pallbearers so they could let him down one last time.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RiverDog":2edyii1z said:
FlyingGreg":2edyii1z said:

Cheers...

It seems to me that as just getting there is such a huge task, history is beginning to recognize, as well it should, the Bill's 4 straight SB appearances as a monumental achievement even though they were all losing efforts.

There are fan bases that are, in my opinion, worse off than the Bills and Vikings. The Lions haven't been to so much as a conference championship game since the merger, and I'd have to do a google to see when the last time they appeared in a pre merger NFL championship game. Their ineptness spans 3 generations. The Browns not only have never been to a Super Bowl, but lost their original franchise and haven't so much as seen the playoffs since they were re-invented, and now they have that terd Johnny Football hanging around their necks.

I heard a story of a Browns fan that as part of his burial wishes, wanted members of the Browns to be his pallbearers so they could let him down one last time.

The Lions actually did play in the NFC Championship in 1991.... against the Redskins. But point taken.

The Browns are a shame... the Ravens that won the Super Bowl in 2000 were largely beggars and hangers on from the previous Browns era.

I'll never take for granted what we have going here in Seattle.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Oh, yea, I forgot about that one NFC Championship game that the Lions played in. Thanks for the correction.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17hfqw9d said:

Cheers...
Just watched XLVIII yesterday. Total and complete domination. Old Pey Pey looked stunned the whole game. Priceless. 8)

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Browns fans had the extra screw-over that their former team turned into a defensive bad-ass with Ray Lewis, and won a SB--as the Ravens.