Updates on Multiple Players from OTAs

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
WR Paul Richardson who tore his ACL in the playoffs, is also making good progress and Carroll said both he and Lane have a shot to be back for camp, though the Seahawks will be cautious with both. Considering how late those two suffered their injuries, it’s a positive sign for the Seahawks that camp is even a possibility at this point.

PC is known to look on the bright side of things, but id be shocked if either of those players are not on PUP to start the season.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wsjwjf71 said:
is anthony mccoy still around?

Yeah, they resigned McCoy back in March.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5604/anthony-mccoy
Seahawks re-signed TE Anthony McCoy.
McCoy is lucky to be getting another look from Seattle after tearing both his right and left Achilles' tendons the past two seasons. It would be a nice story if McCoy were able to earn a 2015 roster spot. When healthy, McCoy has been a catch-first tight end and functional blocker. He turned 27 a few months ago. Mar 8 - 1:01 PM
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Love to hear that Michael is getting first team carries with Lynch and Turbin out. Hope he continues to grow and eventually gets on the field.

Tical21

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":13smj870 said:
Love to hear that Michael is getting first team carries with Lynch and Turbin out. Hope he continues to grow and eventually gets on the field.
Carroll said today that he spoke with Michael and Michael told him he wants to be a featured back. They're going to let him run the show, it sounds like throughout most of the preseason, and see what happens. It's starting to feel like, however, when he gets his shot, it is going to be with a different franchise. He isn't going to sign a new contract with us if Marshawn is still on the roster.

sutz

Reaction score
FS Earl Thomas (shoulder) is still not practicing, but is on track to be back for the start of camp. With Thomas out, DeShawn Shead got first-team work at free safety. Carroll and newly-promoted defensive coordinator Kris Richard both raved about Shead’s growth over the last couple of years, and Carroll noted that the defensive back could also factor into the competition for the nickel cornerback spot.

Always love to see the backups on the LoB get some work. Obviously we need ETIII back, but you have to like what they're saying about Shead.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm not happy that Irvin and Bennett are skipping practice because they want more money. Lynch' reason wasn't clarified either but I'm pretty sure he isn't doing this for attention like the other two.

If you want more money, prove it on the field by playing well and not off the field by striking and whining.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3eku0nap said:
I'm not happy that Irvin and Bennett are skipping practice because they want more money. Lynch' reason wasn't clarified either but I'm pretty sure he isn't doing this for attention like the other two.

If you want more money, prove it on the field by playing well and not off the field by striking and whining.

Lynch never showed up, even in the years he wasn't looking for more money.

I'd like Irvin and Bennett to be here, but I'll hold off on being mad about it until they don't show at the mandatory camps. IMO the first couple OTA's is more about the rookies than veterans.

chris98251

Reaction score
So Micheal is being showcased for a possible trade is what I am reading in the undercurrent.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Overseasfan":10cp55wa said:

Lynch always skips OTA's and works out on his own. If you've ever seen a video of him working out, it's a hell of a lot more intense than what the Seahawks put players through. The coaching staff doesn't have a problem with him skipping OTA's as he always shows up in top shape.

As for Irvin and Bennett, it's common place for players who want more money to skip voluntary OTA's. It's a league wide standard of stating contract intentions, then showing up for mandatory stuff. I'm not worried about either of them until they start missing mandatory stuff.

Especially Irvin....why would it make sense to skip voluntary OTA's and demand more money if he really wanted to play in Atlanta next year ? Either he wants to be here, or he doesn't. If he doesn't, holding out won't accomplish anything. I'm not reading too much into it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":2l8nqtsp said:
So Micheal is being showcased for a possible trade is what I am reading in the undercurrent.

You think?

I think it's probably simpler and just a numbers game: If your #1 and #2 back aren't around of course your #3 back is gonna get a lot of work. TBF it would only be really weird if he didn't.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
chris98251":3urojhx3 said:

It would seem logical that John and Pete might consider a "reasonable offer" for nearly any player on the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I just look at it as he is behind Turbin and Lynch, was a 2nd round pick, has not been able to break thru, Lynch is going to get his rest and not do a lot of contact until the last few weeks of training camp and some limited game time, so playing him looks to make sense. Turbin is coming of a hip injury and they are going to limit him also. They have fodder to run drills with and Michael.

Getting anything for him and there is always a need for a RB at some point by a team, unexpected situations happen. Showing he can blow up pre season is a good way to market him at this point.