Pete Carroll "License to Operate"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Is Pete Carroll amazing or what? (If you say "or what" you must define it!)

"License to Operate
USA | 2014 | 103 minutes | James Lipetzky

Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, appears in and is one of the executive producers of this uplifting and inspirational account of former rival gang members of Los Angeles on a shared mission to stop the cycle of violence in their communities that roped them in so long ago. Pete Carroll and director James Lipetzky scheduled to attend."

http://www.siff.net/festival-2015/license-to-operate

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":4j75h1aa said:
Is Pete Carroll amazing or what? (If you say "or what" you must define it!)

"License to Operate
USA | 2014 | 103 minutes | James Lipetzky

Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, appears in and is one of the executive producers of this uplifting and inspirational account of former rival gang members of Los Angeles on a shared mission to stop the cycle of violence in their communities that roped them in so long ago. Pete Carroll and director James Lipetzky scheduled to attend."

http://www.siff.net/festival-2015/license-to-operate

Wow, good stuff. Pete has a mission in life, and football is a way to help live it out (and provide funding) in other areas.

I'm pretty proud to say he's the coach of my home-town team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a post on here about how Madden was sure that the SB loss would haunt Pete Carroll for years.

I doubt that.

Pete Carroll has something from his days as a college coach that works for him there. He has Perspective.

Coaching at USC, there are plenty of stories of him going into gang infested* areas. He saw plenty of people with few options, I am sure that he is well aware that getting to the SB in a game full of people that are at the top of their field - is a tremendous accomplishment.

But more so, I am betting he knows that making a difference matters more than a fleeting championship.

Carroll has seen the damage that crime, lack of opportunity, and lack of resources can do to kids & families. Clearly he cares enough about it to continue fighting that fight. Says a lot about what matters to him, and says a lot about his priorities.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":rbwh116l said:
There is a post on here about how Madden was sure that the SB loss would haunt Pete Carroll for years.

I doubt that.

Pete Carroll has something from his days as a college coach that works for him there. He has Perspective.

Coaching at USC, there are plenty of stories of him going into gang infested* areas. He saw plenty of people with few options, I am sure that he is well aware that getting to the SB in a game full of people that are at the top of their field - is a tremendous accomplishment.

But more so, I am betting he knows that making a difference matters more than a fleeting championship.

Carroll has seen the damage that crime, lack of opportunity, and lack of resources can do to kids & families. Clearly he cares enough about it to continue fighting that fight. Says a lot about what matters to him, and says a lot about his priorities.

Agreed.

His attention to these social issues outside of his affluent/successful world in football earn him respect, and show his heart. But it's not completely unrelated to football; so many of the young men he works with every day came out, or dodged, these very challenges. He's positioned to both know the issues and do something about them.

Another faced I appreciate is that age, race, socio-economic, geographical, and other differences don't prevent him from being involved or cause him to reconsider the impact he can make.