Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

ptisme

Reaction score
This year. Not just division but from the entire league. Who is it and why?

YOU MUST CHOOSE A TEAM, NOT "INJURY".

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Bevell :sarcasm_on: < --- Only slightly joking.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3tcg6yz1 said:
Injury.

SC

I think this is pretty much always a true statement. No matter how good a team is, there are always injuries, and whenever there are injuries and you lose in the playoffs there is undoubtedly someone that will question what if such and such person had been able to play.

I think any honest assessment of our super bowl loss last year would have to come to the conclusion that we just weren't healthy enough to win that game. If we had been 100%, we would have walked off the field champions of the world once again.

As far as any other teams may go, our only real competition in the division is Arizona. I still think they aren't the biggest threat out there. The Packers are going to be that threat. We really need to win that game in their house week 2, so we can really settle deep inside their psyche in case we end up playing them in the championship game again (as is highly likely).

DJrmb

Reaction score
This year? I'd say Injury #1.

However, locker room stuff weighs heavy on my mind lately. When you hear guys like Irvin and Bennett talking the way they have been it can really be a bad thing for the type of Chemistry and Brotherhood that guys like Kam and ET have been trying to foster.

In this age of Salary cap and free agency it takes guys willing to sacrifice a little and want to stay together because of the bond they have with one another. They have to see the value in the unit as a whole and not only be looking out for themselves. I don't think that things will completely fall off the rails this year in the locker room, but if there are some injuries and struggles and we don't win another title I could see guys like Irvin and Bennett starting to turn the locker room against the franchise and that's really scary. God forbid one of ET, Kam, or Sherm turning on the franchise, that could carry some serious weight if someone get's one of their ears...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
iigakusei":6wxdebq5 said:
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.
And I would agree with you: On injury and Green bay... I certainly do not like the fact that you guys got a TE this off season for Wilson to scramble around and find....

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
kidhawk":1y616olg said:
StoneCold":1y616olg said:
Injury.

SC

I think this is pretty much always a true statement. No matter how good a team is, there are always injuries, and whenever there are injuries and you lose in the playoffs there is undoubtedly someone that will question what if such and such person had been able to play.

I think any honest assessment of our super bowl loss last year would have to come to the conclusion that we just weren't healthy enough to win that game. If we had been 100%, we would have walked off the field champions of the world once again.

As far as any other teams may go, our only real competition in the division is Arizona. I still think they aren't the biggest threat out there. The Packers are going to be that threat. We really need to win that game in their house week 2, so we can really settle deep inside their psyche in case we end up playing them in the championship game again (as is highly likely).
Funny you mention that.. Last year it was hard to imagine that a week one game would make that much difference but that game really is a must win for both teams... Glad we finally have you up at Lambeau:)

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Guys, You're choice is one of 31 other teams....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Injury and themselves

Basically the same thing as the last 3 seasons.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The Rams.

While they are a mediocre to below average team, the Hawks have to play them twice and there is the risk of that dline seriously hurting Wilson.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":273rcriz said:
StoneCold":273rcriz said:
Injury.

SC

I know PStime edited his OP to exclude my answer, but for this team and as you said last years, it was and is absolutely true. Oakland could go the entire season without injury and they still won't come close. You can say the same for a dozen other teams. What will scare the poop out of every team that makes the playoffs is a Seahawk team without major injuries.

So I stand by my answer as it says more about the Hawks than one might think at first reading.

SC

kidhawk

Reaction score
ptisme":o0p39f4u said:
kidhawk":o0p39f4u said:
StoneCold":o0p39f4u said:
Injury.

SC

Funny you mention that.. Last year it was hard to imagine that a week one game would make that much difference but that game really is a must win for both teams... Glad we finally have you up at Lambeau:)

I'm sure you are glad, the results can't be worse than what you've had going to Century Link the past few trips.

I will say this though, the Seahawks are probably the best team in the NFL when it comes to Prime time games. I wanted this game in particular to be prime time more than any other. Road/home, it doesn't seem to matter...when we play on prime time, you get our best and that has been more than most teams can handle in the Pete Carroll era. I believe that our only prime time loss was a Thursday night road match against the Niners, where we only gave up 13 points. We have outscored opponents by greater than a 2/1 margin.

The NFL is a league where every game truly does matter, and this game in particular will get both sides fired up. The big question (in my opinion) is how will the Packers rebound if they were to lose this game? Will it set them on a self destructive path or put them on a mission? I believe that the way the Packers respond to that loss will define their season.

Jville

Reaction score
Facing 4 teams coming off byes will be challenging.

They will face a sting of 3 weeks in a roll of teams coming off a byes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
ptisme":15c6jz5r said:
There is no other team in the league that Seattle must "get over" to return to the SB and win it in 2015. No other team is truly standing in our way.

Could another team emerge and present a hurdle?... sure... but right now, I don't see it.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
kidhawk":31ovntp9 said:
ptisme":31ovntp9 said:
kidhawk":31ovntp9 said:
StoneCold":31ovntp9 said:
Injury.

SC

I'm sure you are glad, the results can't be worse than what you've had going to Century Link the past few trips.

I will say this though, the Seahawks are probably the best team in the NFL when it comes to Prime time games. I wanted this game in particular to be prime time more than any other. Road/home, it doesn't seem to matter...when we play on prime time, you get our best and that has been more than most teams can handle in the Pete Carroll era. I believe that our only prime time loss was a Thursday night road match against the Niners, where we only gave up 13 points. We have outscored opponents by greater than a 2/1 margin.

The NFL is a league where every game truly does matter, and this game in particular will get both sides fired up. The big question (in my opinion) is how will the Packers rebound if they were to lose this game? Will it set them on a self destructive path or put them on a mission? I believe that the way the Packers respond to that loss will define their season.
That will be a must win game for the Packers MUCH more so than for the Seahawks for the reason's you've mentioned...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3lzlrji8 said:
ptisme":3lzlrji8 said:
There is no other team in the league that Seattle must "get over" to return to the SB and win it in 2015. No other team is truly standing in our way.

Could another team emerge and present a hurdle?... sure... but right now, I don't see it.
This isn't difficult... It wasn't presented as a team that is better than Seattle...

kidhawk

Reaction score
ptisme":18dxfk40 said:
That will be a must win game for the Packers MUCH more so than for the Seahawks for the reason's you've mentioned...

In the long run, I agree, but Seattle has a mentality that every game is a championship game and they take that seriously. The fact that it's on prime time only intensifies this for them. It may not be as much of a must win for us, but for the players, they will treat it as such.

jon70

Reaction score
The way the ball bounces, If it bounces our way yay, if not uh-oh.