Michael Vick a Seahawk?? (Clayton speculation)

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/608263361168609281[/tweet]

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Vick is the best backup, whenever RW struggles players will think about what their childhood hero Vick can do. Its perfect!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Last year, Vick made $4 million while Jackson made $1.25 million. Given those numbers, I'd rather have Jackson back. We don't need to spend $4 million on a back up quarterback.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Four mil$ for a Back-up QB.....no thanks. Russ has proved to be pretty durable so far....impressing a lot of folk.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am only afraid of this because of what Marshawn Lynch said a year or 2 ago....We got some dogs. :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Vick's asking price isn't $4 million. If Seahawks want to sign him they have all the leverage.

For Vick its either sign for Seattle for $1 million or sit around and do nothing. Not like there are many backup QB jobs open right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Vick would have to be resigned to be a back up, where Pete says compete for everything this is one position that you better be head and shoulders better to take it. There is no QB competition in Seattle.

pmedic920

Reaction score
IF we had an emergency AND he was on his couch, I'd be ok with Vick stepping in.

Not Big on the idea of bringing him into camp during off season.
Vick has some skills and I'm sure still has some gas in the tank but I'm not a fan.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":vunli4dj said:
Vick's asking price isn't $4 million. If Seahawks want to sign him they have all the leverage.

For Vick its either sign for Seattle for $1 million or sit around and do nothing. Not like there are many backup QB jobs open right now.

We don't know what his asking price is, we can only see what his most recent contract value was and it was one year $4 million. Whereas TJack was $2.75 million less. Which do you think is more apt to take a lesser salary?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
pmedic920":38b604jv said:
IF we had an emergency AND he was on his couch, I'd be ok with Vick stepping in.

Not Big on the idea of bringing him into camp during off season.
Vick has some skills and I'm sure still has some gas in the tank but I'm not a fan.

In that event, I'd rather have a backup QB who knew the playbook months in advance, than trying to piece it together on the fly.

All this being said, I know some people are going to hate this next comment, Seahawks have been EXTRAORDINARY lucky that Wilson has yet to really get nicked up at all. He's been sacked 86 times the past two years and has barely more than a scratch to show for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2btsbir4 said:
Well Vick would have to be resigned to be a back up, where Pete says compete for everything this is one position that you better be head and shoulders better to take it. There is no QB competition in Seattle.

Vick's been a backup for years, so my guess is he'd be fine with any job right now.

I'd be OK with Vick if T-Jack can't be resigned for a reasonable price. He fits our style of offense well, so it makes sense.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
No thanks, I would rather have Jackson. No room for that scumbag on this team, maybe the Vikings have a spot for him as he would fit in nice with Peterson.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
kidhawk":3nn04vjm said:
hieroglyphics":3nn04vjm said:

We don't know what his asking price is, we can only see what his most recent contract value was and it was one year $4 million. Whereas TJack was $2.75 million less. Which do you think is more apt to take a lesser salary?

Its supply and demand. Most teams have their backup QB situations sorted out by now. Seattle has the leverage. Vick can also not do anything. His alternative is nothing or get paid $1 million to sit on the bench for most of the year and be ready just in case. Vick doesn't really have much negotiating leverage.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
In terms of skillset similarity to Russell, I don't think there is anyone else even close to Vick. From that standpoint, it makes total sense. However, I just kind of have the sense that TJack is so perfect in that mentoring, film room role, perhaps he's better as the backup QB for what he brings off the field. No way for a fan to know that for sure though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1eqd7bfz said:
In terms of skillset similarity to Russell, I don't think there is anyone else even close to Vick. From that standpoint, it makes total sense. However, I just kind of have the sense that TJack is so perfect in that mentoring, film room role, perhaps he's better as the backup QB for what he brings off the field. No way for a fan to know that for sure though.

I agree that T-Jack is a great team leader/mentor........but this is Russell's team now, so the need for that role is diminished to the point where it makes sense to save money on the back QB role if we can.

Obviously if the cost is equal we'd rather have T-Jack back, but if we can save money then Vick might be the way to go.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2ooen164 said:
kidhawk":2ooen164 said:
hieroglyphics":2ooen164 said:

Its supply and demand. Most teams have their backup QB situations sorted out by now. Seattle has the leverage. Vick can also not do anything. His alternative is nothing or get paid $1 million to sit on the bench for most of the year and be ready just in case. Vick doesn't really have much negotiating leverage.

If Vick has no leverage, how much does T-Jack have? It's a double-sided coin here. We can use the extra cash savings to go towards contracts for Wagner/Wilson. Plus, T-Jack already knows our offense and wouldn't need to learn much, whereas Vick would need more reps before he'd be comfortable in our offense. T-Jack is the better option for us in every way, shape and form.

chris98251

Reaction score
Still think they are waiting on the Sanchez, Barkley washout to happen also.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chris98251":3hpgklnx said:
Still think they are waiting on the Sanchez, Barkley washout to happen also.

Sanchez isn't going anywhere.. he just re-signed for 2 years

Barkley I suppose could become available.. but I don't see him being any better for this offense than Matt Flynn would be. Tarvaris is at least mobile and has a cannon so that keeps our offense relatively in tact.