#31 - Jimmy Graham, last year #10

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/06/17 ... ayers-2015

#41 - Kam Chancellor, last year #69

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/06/10 ... ayers-2015

#69 - Bobby Wagner, last year unranked

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/27 ... ayers-2015

#90 - Michael Bennett - last year unranked

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/13 ... ayers-2015

Yeah, yeah I know, who cares about rankings... but it's kind of fun to listen to the commentary from other contemporaries in the NFL about our Seahawks. That and it's the offseason so I'll take anything I can get.

Also note that this list is ranked by the NFL players themselves, not NFL Network.

I'll keep this post updated as they release the rest of the rankings.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jblaze":145zjwgq said:
So far:

#41 - Kam Chancellor, last year #69

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/06/10 ... ayers-2015

#69 - Bobby Wagner, last year unranked

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/27 ... ayers-2015

#90 - Michael Bennett - last year unranked

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/13 ... ayers-2015

Yeah, yeah I know, who cares about rankings... but it's kind of fun to listen to the commentary from other contemporaries in the NFL about our Seahawks. That and it's the offseason so I'll take anything I can get.

Also note that this list is ranked by the NFL players themselves, not NFL Network.

I'll keep this post updated as they release the rest of the rankings.
You hear about the bitching about how the Kansas City Royals are dominating the AL All-star vote? This is exactly the same and people need to grow up and deal with the fact that some teams have elite players at multiple positions. It's expected for the New York teams but why not other markets?

8-10 sounds like the low end of normal for a top 5 team in the NFL yes? As you point out this poll is voted on by guys that actually play against us in games, not some fat dude behind a computer in New York.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3u2s2il1 said:
8-10 sounds like the low end of normal for a top 5 team in the NFL yes? As you point out this poll is voted on by guys that actually play against us in games, not some fat dude behind a computer in New York.
Well, let's break it down using some assumptions:

Bottom 3rd 11 teams at 1-2 per team = 17
Middle 3rd 11 teams at 2-3 per team = 27
Top 3rd (less top 5) 5 teams at 4-5 per team = 23

That leaves 33 players in the top 5 teams, so if we have 8 of them, that's 25 players over the other 4 teams which is under 7 per team.

Therefore, 8 is a very good score.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":pxhshipq said:
MizzouHawkGal":pxhshipq said:

That leaves 33 players in the top 5 teams, so if we have 8 of them, that's 25 players over the other 4 teams which is under 7 per team.

I can accept that, especially since it's the low end of the truth.:)

Can we help it if Pete and John are doing exactly what they said they would do? We're better, bigger, and faster than you....deal with it.

Interestingly Chip seems to think his system wholesale from Oregon is the answer. What do you guys think?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Having 8 players in the top 100 is definitely impressive. Having 6 of those in the top 50 even more so.

I'm expecting Russ and Graham to show up next in the 20-40 area, then Thomas in the 10-20 part and Lynch and Sherman in the top 10.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Incidentally, and possibly food for thought, one of the big reasons we have 8 in the top 100 is because we pay our QB what falls out of Paul Allen's sofa after a big weekend.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1v4xtuq3 said:
Incidentally, and possibly food for thought, one of the big reasons we have 8 in the top 100 is because we pay our QB what falls out of Paul Allen's sofa after a big weekend.
That's our current advantage.

And I'm not ashamed of it... and I'm not suggesting that you're suggesting that we should be, btw.

Other teams' chat forums have been saying... Just wait until Seattle has to pay Wilson,... suggesting that Seattle will melt back into mediocrity.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Pete's "Win Forever" is off to a great start and there's no foreseeable cliff on the horizon.

grizbob

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":16cnxw9b said:
KiwiHawk":16cnxw9b said:

And I'm not ashamed of it... and I'm not suggesting that you're suggesting that we should be, btw.

Other teams' chat forums have been saying... Just wait until Seattle has to pay Wilson,... suggesting that Seattle will melt back into mediocrity.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Pete's "Win Forever" is off to a great start and there's no foreseeable cliff on the horizon.

If only there wasn't a cap. :3:

nrayorr

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":202mbqof said:
KiwiHawk":202mbqof said:
MizzouHawkGal":202mbqof said:

I can accept that, especially since it's the low end of the truth.:)

Can we help it if Pete and John are doing exactly what they said they would do? We're better, bigger, and faster than you....deal with it.

Interestingly Chip seems to think his system wholesale from Oregon is the answer. What do you guys think?

I like your style MizzouHawkGal... I like your style!

In regard to Chip I think if he wants to be an NFL coach, then be an NFL coach. Another thing is that the players from Oregon is used to his crap and some of the players on his team as it is now doesn't really believe his system helps in the long run. Remember what Cary Williams said. He said that there is too much physical conditioning and the team ran out of steam towards the end of the season because they expended too much energy in practice. Also, this is the NFL... most teams have already adapted to his fast offense, so what's next for Chipster?

nrayorr

Reaction score
Overseasfan":362v1vlm said:
Having 8 players in the top 100 is definitely impressive. Having 6 of those in the top 50 even more so.

I'm expecting Russ and Graham to show up next in the 20-40 area, then Thomas in the 10-20 part and Lynch and Sherman in the top 10.

I expect RW to be in the top ten.

Hawks46

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":348jllm8 said:
KiwiHawk":348jllm8 said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Well we're theorizing 8, which sounds about right: last 5 would be Wilson, Lynch, Graham, Sherman and Thomas.

Out of those 8, we only have 2 not locked up for at least another 3 years, Wilson and Wagner. Problem is, Wilson will be costing us what 3 of the other elite guys do combined.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawks46":wapmiegn said:
onanygivensunday":wapmiegn said:
KiwiHawk":wapmiegn said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Well we're theorizing 8, which sounds about right: last 5 would be Wilson, Lynch, Graham, Sherman and Thomas.

Out of those 8, we only have 2 not locked up for at least another 3 years, Wilson and Wagner. Problem is, Wilson will be costing us what 3 of the other elite guys do combined.
Or as much as 3 aging players that make too much money. Of course we will be able to afford fewer big contracts but ppl act like John and Pete aren't aware of this and planning accordingly.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/611352534272225280[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/611356804161896451[/tweet]

Overseasfan

Reaction score
In a balanced league, every team would have one player in the top 32. Back to reality and we have five of them. Our team is insane right now.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Overseasfan":zuci5ena said:
In a balanced league, every team would have one player in the top 32. Back to reality and we have five of them. Our team is insane right now.

My brother and I were talking about that earlier. Definitely a great point.

hawknation2015

Reaction score