DE Ryan Robinson Waived/Injured

kidhawk

Reaction score
Apparently he ruptured an Achilles during OTA's last week. Tough break. Hoping to see what he could do in the pre season.

[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions[/urltargetblank]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ugh, this sucks.

"According to John Boyle of Seahawks.com, Robinson ruptured his Achilles tendon during a practice last week. Before his injury, he had seen some work with Seattle's first-team defense during voluntary Organized Team Activities with that unit a bit shorthanded due to the absences of Bruce Irvin, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, among others.

His release clears a roster spot for backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who has yet to sign his contract with Seattle after agreeing to terms last week."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2773931/Seah ... esignation

Largent80

Reaction score
Hate hearing this, it's a devastating injury....See McCoy who has torn both of his the last 2 years.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/06/15/seahawks-waiveinjured-de-ryan-robinson-achilles-injury[/urltargetblank]

If Robinson clears waivers Tuesday, he will revert to Seattle’s injured reserve list.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Damn. Heard great things about him this offseason. Sounded like he was gonna be an effective role player this year. I expected him to end up like OB was for us.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seafan":152yhx7y said:
I was sad to hear this.

Gives Obum a chance to make the roster.

It could open up more of an opportunity for Gwachum, a former WR who converted to DE last year. He had a sack during one of the OTAs.

We typically have around nine or ten defensive linemen on the roster. And these eight seem like virtual locks if they are all healthy:
Mebane
Bennett
Avril
McDaniel
Clark
Hill
Rubin
Marsh

Dobbs is another player Carroll has raved about, who can play inside or out. Scruggs is also back. King had a sack last season. Someone else I don't know about could surprise. There's going to be a fierce competition in training camp to fill out this position group.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We should find out today if Robinson clears waivers and if so he's destined for IR.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":14g9fppj said:
We should find out today if Robinson clears waivers and if so he's destined for IR.

With the injury as it's been described, I don't see any team picking him up, so I'm guessing he ends up on our IR, and can hopefully recover and become an impactful player in the future.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Agree! The team clearly saw something worth exploring or developing with this player and it's a shame he injured his achilles. At least he'll stay a Seahawks 'shadow roster' type for another season with the expected IR designation.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
They didn't waste any time. He had surgery to repair the injury today. It was performed by Dr. Ed Khalfayan at the Seattle Surgery Center

Basis4day

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3dxnkuk0 said:
Agree! The team clearly saw something worth exploring or developing with this player and it's a shame he injured his achilles. At least he'll stay a Seahawks 'shadow roster' type for another season with the expected IR designation.

My understanding is that players on IR in the preseason DO count against the 90 man roster limit. So he does need to make it to final cutdowns without the team needing his spot.

Unless im mistaken, the IR designation needs to happen in season to not count towards the 53 man roster.

two dog

Reaction score
For a young man in his prime years for the NFL, a year must seem like
an eternity. Here's hoping the recovery is timely and complete.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Better news than an older guy hoping to recover from this. From what I heard, his main attribute was speed, so I suppose we potentially lost some of that from our depth with this injury.