Most Indispensable (Minus Quarterbacks)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Earl Thomas. He's the QB of the defense. He is the reason the CBs are solid. Knowing he's back there, let's them play loose and not worry about getting beat. He makes that unit go. None of this is discredit to rest of the players....it's just that ET is that damn good.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawkfan68":6ot111jx said:
Earl Thomas. He's the QB of the defense. He is the reason the CBs are solid. Knowing he's back there, let's them play loose and not worry about getting beat. He makes that unit go. None of this is discredit to rest of the players....it's just that ET is that damn good.

I actually agree

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sheesh, I love Earl Thomas/ Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman, but for me? in order to win games, you have to consistently put up more points on the scoreboard than your opponents do.
You can have a stellar Defense (and we do), to get the ball away from the opponent, and keep putting it back in the hands of your Offense, BUT, that Offense still has to produce.
Therefor, I say it all comes down to Russell Wilson & Marshawn Lynch, AND, beings that the Quarterback isn't a part of this discussion?, then I believe it has to be Marshawn "The Beast" Lynch.
When tight games between the top tier Defenses, like the ones the Seahawks have had to play in the last few Years, Our Offense has been THE difference between winning and losing some of those hard fought games, by making some incredible plays down the stretch. ( games like last Seasons NFCCG against the high scoring Packers).

JesterHawk

Reaction score
keatonisballin":2atpbxwc said:
Tech Worlds":2atpbxwc said:
Seafan":2atpbxwc said:
Beast.

We can't win games without him.
How do you know

Seahawks at Browns 2011. Wasn't that the only game Beast Mode missed as a Hawk?

With that said. I'd say EarlEarl.

You mean the game that "We have a QB and his name is Charlie" was calling signals?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Thomas and he is the best in the game at his position. The only point I hear over and over that I can't jump on board with is the idea of him being the reason Sherman is great. Sherman is much better than people realize and apparently to Seahawks fans as well. The guy is an all time great. Thomas probably is the most important player on the defense but Sherman is probably the best player and at worst, much better than people realize.

Having said that my answer is Earl.

Tical21

Reaction score
Marshawn, it isn't close, and this includes the QB position for this particular team.

Ozzy

Reaction score
So Seattle would win more games if it lost Wilson than if they lost Lynch? Is that what you're claiming?

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I understand and don't disagree with the Earl and Lynch picks, but I'm going to go against the grain a little here and say Kam. It can easily be argued that Earl is the backbone of the defense, Bobby the brain, and Sherm the arms and mouth, but Kam has become the heart. Watching his development as a leader on and off the field has been a joy to watch.

On a defense filled with a bunch of 'mean muthas', he's the baddest dude on the block... but on top of that, he celebrates with the guys when things go well in the game, and challenges them face-to-face when things don't go so well.

That last point is what separates him from Lynch for me. Both Kam and Lynch cause opposing players 'to make business decisions' when confronted with either, but Kam's active (and vocal) leadership is the cohesion that pulls the team together through the trials of a long and arduous season.

Beast is nails, but I'm going with the hammer.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Tough call for me between earl and bobby.

Don't know where we would be without earl, but we do know where we were without bobby.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Great coaching and development have created many "indispensable" players on this team: Russell, Marshawn, Richard, Earl, Bobby, Kam, etc.

Until last season, many people would have said Mebane as well, but Williams did such a great job filling in for him that it doesn't feel that way anymore. Avril sure felt indispensable after he went down in the Super Bowl and we failed to generate any pressure on Brady. Hopefully Graham will earn that "indispensable" moniker this year. We know how bad we have been previously in the red zone relative to our other offensive talent.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Love that there is actually an actual debate about this. Prior to the Caroll era we didn't have the luxury of having that many players we could make a case for.

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":8ab5szzl said:
So Seattle would win more games if it lost Wilson than if they lost Lynch? Is that what you're claiming?
Correct. Dallas, KC, SD. We didn't get Marshawn enough carries, particularly early. When we don't rely on the beast, we can be pretty putrid.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":33c4muiy said:
austinslater25":33c4muiy said:
Correct. Dallas, KC, SD. We didn't get Marshawn enough carries, particularly early. When we don't rely on the beast, we can be pretty putrid.
How would we have done without Wilson? Man I couldn't disagree more.