27+ "Beast Mode" Runs

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/611961858925400064[/tweet]

[youtube]G5QJNGdnJQ0[/youtube]

2013-101-inset-lynch.jpg

In total, he forced a record 108 missed tackles, including 22 in the postseason.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
All that... yet, not given the opportunity for the most important final yard. Sigh. I need a drink (and I don't drink.)

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Nice post. I can't get enough of that last run and seeing Cardinals #26 get trucked.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I sincerely hope he plays out his contract.

With the way the coaching staff manages him and his practice time, and maybe splitting a few more carries with Turbin or who ever else steps up, it's definately possible.

I'm not just being selfish here either.....if he plays out his contact, the Hawks are going to be tough to beat as long as he's on the team and playing at a high level.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":19jdee9q said:
I sincerely hope he plays out his contract.

With the way the coaching staff manages him and his practice time, and maybe splitting a few more carries with Turbin or who ever else steps up, it's definately possible.

I'm not just being selfish here either.....if he plays out his contact, the Hawks are going to be tough to beat as long as he's on the team and playing at a high level.

If he plays out this contract, Marshawn will be in the HoF.

He's less than 800 yards away from surpassing Shaun Alexander in career yards. He's only 1,305 yards away from the 10,000-yards club; he had 1,306 yards last season in somewhat limited carries.

If he averaged 1,000 yards and 10 TDs over the next three seasons, he would be #15 in all-time rushing yardage (11,695 yards) and would be #7 in career rushing TDs with 101.

Every other player in the Top 15 in rushing yardage is in the HoF, except for Ladainian Tomlinson (eligible in 2017) and Edgerrin James. Also, every player with over 100 career rushing TDs is in the HoF, except for Tomlinson.

And then you consider the impact he has had on the game in an era of mostly passing offenses, breaking records for broken tackles and going to multiple Super Bowls. People think the media won't vote for him, but in 10 years, the only thing they will remember is how much attention they received for writing stories about him. He is one of the few RBs in history to get better with age.

netskier

Reaction score
It occurred to me that he is probably the most fun to watch run per yard, or per step, of any running back that I have ever seen. I feel so incredibly grateful to be able to watch him run some more.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
:13:

this man is a beast .

As much as I loved Alexander , could you imagine Beast Mode behind Walter Jones and Hutchinson in 2005?

Aerik

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":11xuntl6 said:
Nice post. I can't get enough of that last run and seeing Cardinals #26 get trucked.

Almost as impressive was Lockette laying down at least 3 blocks on that run. Love me some Beast Mode!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
netskier":2n3m2d3f said:
It occurred to me that he is probably the most fun to watch run per yard, or per step, of any running back that I have ever seen.

Yep. I wouldn't object to someone disagreeing and citing the G.O.A.T. for this (Barry Sanders), but if you like smash-mouth football (and I do), Lynch is even more fun to watch than Sanders, IMO.

He just has an unreal combination of patience, vision, and power.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score

pmedic920

Reaction score
netskier":iqidbyak said:
It occurred to me that he is probably the most fun to watch run per yard, or per step, of any running back that I have ever seen. I feel so incredibly grateful to be able to watch him run some more.

It's that anticipation of what might happen any time he has the ball. The original "BeastQuake" was my favorite and another one could happen at any time.
The thought of him retiring as a Hawk with HOF numbers is amazing.
I hope it happens. He would be right there with Largent and Easley in my book of Favs.

Edit: already is, really.