"I've gone through the ups and downs before"--Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
If he's that much of an egomaniac, let him go. Honestly, I'm past thinking any of these guys are irreplaceable.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He's trying to win the PR battle and create leverage to motivate the FO to agree to his agent's absurd desire for ~$27+ million per year in new money. Never gonna happen.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1r41h26c said:
Rocket":1r41h26c said:
( I believe this article deserves it's own thread )

Does it also deserve a title calling out a fellow member of the board? Not very cool.

Your sig is not very cool. It made me think I had ants crawling on my ipad. Actually, that is pretty cool.

enbayyi1.gif

Laloosh

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":290z3zvd said:
Rocket":290z3zvd said:
( I believe this article deserves it's own thread )

Does it also deserve a title calling out a fellow member of the board? Not very cool.
Not a fan either. We all have our opinions but it seems uncalled for (to me).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not really news is it?

What's he suppose to say when asked what happens if he and management can't come to an agreement? "OMG, I'll wither up, lie down in the fetal position and rock back in forth mumbling incoherently."

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Everyone reads what they want, he clearly says he wants to play in Seattle and loves it but if he has to go somewhere else he is prepared. Every professional athlete has to be as they could be traded at any moment, it is the business just ask Max Unger.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This isn't directed at Rocket. Rocket, thanks for posting. There's a long, strange narrative with all sorts of bits and pieces already with this contract negotiation.

There is little to no doubt that Wilson will be a Seahawk through at least 2017, even if no agreement is reached. I'm amazed at how people are pumping up this story as if something substantial is actually at stake within the next three years.

I don't know if it's social media, new journalism, or what, but I miss the days of not freaking out about stuff several years in advance of when you actually need to.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14s8jtym said:
What's he suppose to say when asked what happens if he and management can't come to an agreement? "OMG, I'll wither up, lie down in the fetal position and rock back in forth mumbling incoherently."

Haha, I thought immediately of the line from Coneheads:

... I would collapse, I would draw the shades and I would live in the dark. I would never get out of my slar pad or clean myself. My fluids would coagulate, my cone would shrivel, and I would die, miserable and lonely. The stench would be great.

Lawke

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18armfv4 said:
Pay heem. Pay that meann hiss manney.

Teddy i didnt know you were a seahawks fan. PogChamp . This just sounds like more of the same. Off seasons are brutal.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3p9ngmad said:
He deserves every dime he's about to get. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

Not so sure about that. It's especially ridiculous after all of his bull**** about what a great team we have and how much he loves the city. If he was so in love with the team he wouldn't be busting their balls to make more money that he'll never actually spend. Greed and ego.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":fwuaej2g said:
QuickLightning":fwuaej2g said:
He deserves every dime he's about to get. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

Not so sure about that. It's especially ridiculous after all of his bull**** about what a great team we have and how much he loves the city. If he was so in love with the team he wouldn't be busting their balls to make more money that he'll never actually spend. Greed and ego.

You do realize that you just described every single player in the NFL right? I really don't get some people's animosity towards Wilson with regards to this.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I realize that, but for someone who has tried to cultivate such a Godly, squeaky-clean image, this reeks of avarice.

Status
Not open for further replies.