What could Russell Wilson realistically fetch in a trade?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Preface: I do not want it to come to that (nor do I think it will), I would rather keep Wilson here for the rest of his career, but IF this gets messy and we move on from him.. I can't imagine JS letting Wilson walk with no compensation in return.

So.. what would he fetch in a possible trade? Philip Rivers was nearly moved for the 2nd overall pick this year.. so you'd have to wager that he could fetch a Top 5 selection as a start.

Now before this gets into "I'd only trade him for Rodgers!" .. lets... be realistic here. What's his trade value on the open market next offseason in your opinion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mjm3y4dv said:
Preface: I do not want it to come to that (nor do I think it will), I would rather keep Wilson here for the rest of his career, but IF this gets messy and we move on from him.. I can't imagine JS letting Wilson walk with no compensation in return.

So.. what would he fetch in a possible trade? Philip Rivers was nearly moved for the 2nd overall pick this year.. so you'd have to wager that he could fetch a Top 5 selection as a start.

Now before this gets into "I'd only trade him for Rodgers!" .. lets... be realistic here. What's his trade value on the open market next offseason in your opinion.
Let's be realistic......
Not going to happen, we get it, you don't like Wilson much.
Teams rarely get back in return what said superstar is worth.

On 2nd thought Matt Flynn and the 2 deflators. :sarcasm_off:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I think we could get a 1 overall plus like a 2 or 3, maybe even two 1s. That's what I think.

ctrcat

Reaction score
I would personally require at least two first round picks PLUS a top 100/pro bowl level player in his prime, and I'm not even sure if that would do it if it were me. Since the Bills are always on a short list of "what if" scenarios with RW, I would say AT LEAST two firsts PLUS Marcell Dareus, for example. I know the Hawks prefer older/proven DT's and this would provide yet another pro-bowler to the D. The insane Rams/Skins trade would make any franchise QB's price higher and should demand a proven commodity in addition to multiple draft picks.

netskier

Reaction score
I want to watch the seahawks play in the next three Superbowls so I am against trading him for anything less than a quarterback who can take us there? Why trade him when we have him for three years barring injury?

Rat

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I can't imagine a scenario where we could trade Russell and I'd actually be happy with what we got. Even if he were hypothetically trying to force his way out, he's still a young stud QB and those bring heavy compensation. We would need a better backup option than Tarvaris Jackson, because I don't want to get a high pick and immediately need to use it on a rookie QB.

Here are a few trades I would consider:

Russell + 5th rounder to BUFFALO for 1st rounder + 2nd rounder + Marcel Dareus

Russell to ATLANTA for 1st rounder + Julio Jones (what QB wouldn't light it up throwing to Graham and Julio)

Russell to HOUSTON for 1st rounder + 4th rounder + Jadaveon Clowney

Russell to DENVER for 1st rounder + Brock Osweiler + Derek Wolfe + Virgil Green

I was going to say Tennessee for two firsts and Taylor Lewan, but then remembered they just got Mariota.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rat":21064t0n said:
MizzouHawkGal":21064t0n said:
Man, this offseason can't end fast enough. :roll:
This comment never gets old. :roll:
Well neither do stupid hypothetical trades or is Wilson a selfish bastard threads right?

You figure Philadelphia gave a King's ransom to the Rams for a quarterback that can't stay healthy from college on I'd figure you'd realize Hasselbeck doesn't like Wilson and is trolling as per his avowed agenda. Maybe you're nicer than myself though... .Net Cynic?

Rat

Reaction score
He's not trolling; it's a legitimate question. I don't see the point in ridiculing someone for starting a thread on something you don't want to talk about. The topic is in the thread title. If it's something I don't want to talk about, I don't click on the thread.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rat":1by9vx26 said:
He's not trolling; it's a legitimate question. I don't see the point in ridiculing someone for starting a thread on something you don't want to talk about. The topic is in the thread title. If it's something I don't want to talk about, I don't click on the thread.
It's not legitimate because it won't happen because we're not talking a Bradford or Foles. You don't trade a quarterback of Wilson's level. You get the media writing speculation pieces on it but it isn't done unless you have the number one pick and you have Brees and Phillip Rivers or better is that top pick.

Well Phillip Rivers is elite and pretty much a tradeoff for Brees who is also pretty much elite. There doesn't seem to be anyone on the horizon in college that is in that class and it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Next he'll say some middling type quarterback (Matt "we want the ball and we'll win" Hasselbeck) would do just fine. Like 1976-2011 never existed. Give me a break already and please let TC begin because the boredom by some is old.

Again you don't actually trade guys of Wilson's level especially if they're a quarterback. You pay them.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":4wpemifi said:
Rat":4wpemifi said:
MizzouHawkGal":4wpemifi said:
Well neither do stupid hypothetical trades or is Wilson a selfish bastard threads right?

You figure Philadelphia gave a King's ransom to the Rams for a quarterback that can't stay healthy from college on I'd figure you'd realize Hasselbeck doesn't like Wilson and is trolling as per his avowed agenda. Maybe you're nicer than myself though... .Net Cynic?

:lol:

Please stop.

Or read the preface. Either/or

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34w4qwvr said:
MizzouHawkGal":34w4qwvr said:
Rat":34w4qwvr said:
MizzouHawkGal":34w4qwvr said:

:lol:

Please stop.

Or read the preface. Either/or
I did and your answer is quite simple. Whatever Philadelphia gave St. Louis is your start...if you triple it on the low end. Likely it'd be along the lines of what Ditka did in New Orleans or the Hershel Walker stupidity as your start point to be realistic. It's not a real scenerio for any GM with active working brain cells.

Just pay the man and let's hope TC, preseason and real football gets here. Hypothetical questions and scenerios are senseless hence hypothetical. Especially about anything concerning Wilson at this point.

It's BORING, especially since you don't actually know what the actual situation is. Don't feel bad, nobody beyond the FO, Wilson or his agent does.

Though by my own experience living in San Francisco in 1980's it seems pretty much par for the course when following a negotiation with an elite level quarterback that is on YOUR team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":717mpucy said:
Yep, the fantasy football mentality has finally taken over......

It's officially "silly season"!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3okkontd said:
MizzouHawkGal":3okkontd said:

Hmm...so I guess welcome to your baptism? 8)

Remember my "I hate you all" thread? This right here is the reason why. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2x417vrf said:
Sports Hernia":2x417vrf said:
MizzouHawkGal":2x417vrf said:

Hmm...so I guess welcome to your baptism? 8)

Remember my "I hate you all" thread? This right here is the reason why. :)
It's all starting to make sense now. :?

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Offseason can't end soon enough and this is a dumb thread yet you keep posting in it. Ok then.

Tumblr inline n7wn8363Ul1rvu1l8

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
i too own a rw3 jersey. i too want rw3 to retire a hawk. i too hope something gets done, somehow, just so long as it doesnt sabotage the rest of the team. but what i think people are seeing now is that rw3 does not necessarily care about wins or seattle as much as we had thought. it does seem it comes down to money and ego (highest paid player) with him. sacrifices can and would be made for rw3. but...

... wilson is not the best qb in the league, and therefore does not deserve #1 money. will he get it? maybe. but probably not from the hawks. john/pete have a good idea of what a player is worth. rw3 may be the #3 after rodgers, brady, but i wouldnt go that far even simply because of his deficiencies that he has to try to make up for. he holds the ball too long and isnt decisive enough all the time. there are timing routes that he simply doesnt hit and does not try to throw open the receiver. he has serious trouble throwing consistently from the pocket, and the oline, as bad as it already is pass blocking, never knows where wilson is at. hes under duress a bunch of time at fault of his own.

so if wilson is saying that he wants to be the highest paid qb in the league, it is either good posturing, or he really is all about a personal agenda. sure, let him take the most money somebody will give him... i have no problem with that... a team like the chargers or browns for example. do u think he is good enough on his own to take those current rosters to the playoffs, let alone the superbowl? c'mon man... its unfortunate but what it sounds like (and again, we dont really know for sure) is that he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. if thats the case, he can go get overpaid and lose consistently the next 6+ seasons.

MizzouHawkGal":3qnyxvys said:
You don't trade a quarterback of Wilson's level.

whos to say? i think its actually fair speculation at this point, this thread being valid and viable considering the present circumstances.

do you think pete and john follow the league model, or always do whats popular? i think we know enough now that nothing is off the table for pete and john. if u were to give them 2 1st rd picks for wilson and his potential cap space, im sure they could manuever more than enough to find a suitable replacement, or atleast i wouldnt put it past them. it was john after all that picked rw in the first place :p i think with the philosophy in place and the team theyve assembled u could put a guy like romo or rivers or matt ryan or flacco in place (guys that are 2nd/3rd tier qbs) and be atleast just as productive from the qb position if not even moreso.