Bennett still grumbling to the media

OkieHawk

Reaction score

GLio14

Reaction score
Honestly, the NFL gotta get rid of this rule that players are allowed to restructure deals. You sign a contract, own up to it dammit. Especially when you just signed it a year ago. It's honestly one of the most immature things.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I dunno, maybe JS could help the poor guy OUT, and get him more money from the Jags....then again..it probably would only last for a Season, and he'd be right back to sniveling for dollars.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
GLio14":kv1tcs4s said:
Honestly, the NFL gotta get rid of this rule that players are allowed to restructure deals. You sign a contract, own up to it dammit. Especially when you just signed it a year ago. It's honestly one of the most immature things.

Nfl teams constantly break contracts with players. Its a two way street.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Do he and his brother have the same agent?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1crgr1vj said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. I'm thinking it's more along the lines that they talk to each other constantly about this type of thing.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Sprfunk":3j95ua9y said:
GLio14":3j95ua9y said:

Nfl teams constantly break contracts with players. Its a two way street.

Difference is is that it is more or less stated in the contract that they can do so (in ways of the guaranteed money). So when a team cuts a player after 2 years and the guaranteed money is up, they are right in lines of the contract.

rcaido

Reaction score
Remember last year with Lynch, everyone wanted to get rid of him... Once the season starts & Bennett is wrecking Oline, yall will forget all this nonsense.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":gu6m08qd said:
Laloosh":gu6m08qd said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. I'm thinking it's more along the lines that they talk to each other constantly about this type of thing.

Doesn't make me angry or anything but it's just weird. He signed last year. Maybe he's just trying to get a little more out of the team before Russell signs a big deal? Just don't see it working. We've got two guys that are just as important as he is to sign still.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
GLio14":2azl2xfp said:

Totally agree, all NFL contracts should be guarenteed money. Damn teams need to stop cuting players because their cap hit is to high or believe they are now over paying a player.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Fudwamper":mtjsp6o0 said:
GLio14":mtjsp6o0 said:

Totally agree, all NFL contracts should be guarenteed money. Damn teams need to stop cuting players because their cap hit is to high or believe they are now over paying a player.

I'm not sure that I understand this. It's what the teams and players have negotiated and it's for good reason (imo). Injury is such a real possibility and committing to a guy for 5 years in the NFL is a pretty big deal. Look at Bradford... Perfect example of why teams need to be able to move on. The first few years + signing bonus are the player's security blanket. The final two are usually the team's security blanket.

Am I wrong?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1d8im1ky said:
OkieHawk":1d8im1ky said:
Laloosh":1d8im1ky said:

Doesn't make me angry or anything but it's just weird. He signed last year. Maybe he's just trying to get a little more out of the team before Russell signs a big deal? Just don't see it working. We've got two guys that are just as important as he is to sign still.

He's pretty much said he just wants a raise based on his performance. Is he wrong? Not really. Will he get it though? I would be willing to bet he won't.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
I would put Bennett pretty well down on the list of priorities for the team to be in contract talks with. Let Bennett bitch if he wants to the contract is signed, sealed and the team has the upper hand. The hints and threats in the media is old at this point hes a toothless ankle biter.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OkieHawk":w082i8ev said:
Laloosh":w082i8ev said:
OkieHawk":w082i8ev said:
Laloosh":w082i8ev said:

He's pretty much said he just wants a raise based on his performance. Is he wrong? Not really. Will he get it though? I would be willing to bet he won't.

I wouldn't say that he's "wrong" but I don't think he's going to get what he wants either.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1axxz87m said:
GLio14":1axxz87m said:

Teams are doing what they need to do to compete while staying inside the confines of the agreements made with the NFLPA. Remember the players have agreed to all of this. There is a specific formula for the cap based on the profitability of the league. There is also an agreement as to how much of the cap must be spent on the players. That ensure that almost all of the cap has to be spent on contracts and not be banked. Bennett understands all of this so what he is saying is "I don't care about paying one of the best QBs' in the game nor do I care about the other players that has to be retained. I want more money than I agreed to take last year and I want it now."

I have a lot of disrespect for anyone that hints or tries to talk around what they really want to say but not man enough to come out with it. Bennett's BS exceeds his talent in my opinion. Cut or trade the greedy whiner.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
rcaido":3ob9ncbp said:
Remember last year with Lynch, everyone wanted to get rid of him... Once the season starts & Bennett is wrecking Oline, yall will forget all this nonsense.

Wanna bet? This has been a brutal offseason!

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
If it's a performance-based raise...was he that much better in 2014 then he was in 2013? Or is it a case that other players in his position have signed new contracts for more money and now he feels short-changed? Or did he really sign a bad contract during the whole post-Super Bowl euphoria and now has remorse?

AgentDib

Reaction score
If a team cuts a player but pays them the guaranteed dollars they promised then there is no problem. Both sides negotiated that possibility at a bargaining table, and employment only works when both sides are satisfied with the arrangement.

If a player holds out but pays the fines associated then there is no problem. Both sides negotiated that possibility via the collective bargaining agreement, and employment only works when both sides are satisfied with the arrangement.

There's no reason to take this sort of stuff personal as a fan. You probably don't get upset when an employee at a company you buy stuff from is asking for a raise, and you probably don't get upset when that same company moves on from another employee because of performance or pay. The only difference here is everything is public and so people think they need to have an opinion on stuff that they don't.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
AgentDib":32vqy3q3 said:
If a team cuts a player but pays them the guaranteed dollars they promised then there is no problem. Both sides negotiated that possibility at a bargaining table, and employment only works when both sides are satisfied with the arrangement.

If a player holds out but pays the fines associated then there is no problem. Both sides negotiated that possibility via the collective bargaining agreement, and employment only works when both sides are satisfied with the arrangement.

There's no reason to take this sort of stuff personal as a fan. You probably don't get upset when an employee at a company you buy stuff from is asking for a raise, and you probably don't get upset when that same company moves on from another employee because of performance or pay. The only difference here is everything is public and so people think they need to have an opinion on stuff that they don't.

Excellent comparison!