Sherman also the best CB in the league against the run

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/615190497657815040[/tweet]

Sherman said he worked hard last off-season to improve his tackling. Last year's run defense went on to be the best in franchise history, allowing just 81.5 yards per game and 3.4 yards per rushing attempt. After Wagner and Mebane went down, the defense looked like it would continue to struggle. However, they managed to regroup and formed a total commitment to stopping the run. In addition to Sherman, Thomas was another member of the secondary who stepped up his play against the run, lazar-targeting ball carriers. Before and after his injury, Wagner was the league's best ILB against the run. Next year's run defense has a chance to be even better with the return of Mebane, who is reportedly in the best shape of his career, and the addition of Clark, who was one of college football's best run stoppers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yes, we're fine on defense but that wasn't ever an issue. It's all about has Wilson added to his game...he better have given how the contract negotiation is playing out.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Cool! I remember him talking about working in the off season to improve run defense. Glad it worked!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3olk9b8k said:
Yes, we're fine on defense but that wasn't ever an issue. It's all about has Wilson added to his game...he better have given how the contract negotiation is playing out.

You complain about Russell Wilson contract threads yet bring this up in a topic about Richard Sherman's run defense?

:lol:

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pretty easy when you only have to defend the run on one side of the field :D

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3aqf00my said:
MizzouHawkGal":3aqf00my said:

You complain about Russell Wilson contract threads yet bring this up in a topic about Richard Sherman's run defense?

srsly wtf

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
shermtac11.gif

Perfect form on an open field tackle by Sherman to prevent a First Down.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1lth9doz said:
Hasselbeck":1lth9doz said:
MizzouHawkGal":1lth9doz said:

srsly wtf

Wonder how much longer until some of you start eating our own. Kick back, have a few beers and pray training camp gets here with no forum casualties.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is why Sherm is the best CB in the league. It also shows how intelligent he really his: he works hard to be well rounded. As much as he mentions interceptions, he works on his tackling and run defense.

An another note, I honestly think we're going to end up regretting not resigning Kevin Williams. I don't think our young depth is ready yet.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":380rlr97 said:
This is why Sherm is the best CB in the league. It also shows how intelligent he really his: he works hard to be well rounded. As much as he mentions interceptions, he works on his tackling and run defense.

An another note, I honestly think we're going to end up regretting not resigning Kevin Williams. I don't think our young depth is ready yet.

They made a conscious choice to sign Rubin (for a little more) instead of Williams. It doesn't make sense to me, but at the end of the day, you just have to trust the decision. Hill is another guy whom you have to expect big things from this season. And Carroll was really impressed with Dobbs as well.

ptisme

Reaction score
Love that guy... Wish he was a Packer.....

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I think the Defense this year will be outstanding again. Just think of the Jimmy Graham can a couple more first downs a game what effect it will have on a defense that can really pin its ears back and come charging.

SB 50 here we come ;) Let be written... let it be done.

sutz

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1slt0m9t said:
shermtac11.gif

Technically a swing pass, not a run, but I'll allow it. Because you're right, pretty much a perfect open field tackle.

:)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":2ntktepf said:
hawknation2015":2ntktepf said:
shermtac11.gif

Technically a swing pass, not a run, but I'll allow it. Because you're right, pretty much a perfect open field tackle.

:)

I like how the blockers went right by him and ignored him. Uh...I am right here boys...gotcha. :twisted:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3kx0t6lf said:
What?, there's a problem with Wilson not willing to play on the defense too?

BuZzB28

Reaction score
Sherman is very good at CB and fast a defense. I saw him was too fast than RB or WR? Possible could be! If we can put him can play at WR and CB if he can play both? Why not?

BuZzB28

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7xr7h6cc said:
BuZzB28":7xr7h6cc said:
Sherman is very good at CB and fast a defense. I saw him was too fast than RB or WR? Possible could be! If we can put him can play at WR and CB if he can play both? Why not?

Obvious chinese 49er fan troll is obvious.

Why u are alway critical me what I say anything?. Smh. Dude. Sherman looked a great run too fast than Wr. If he can play both CB and WR when he can help us to a wins games. I see the WRS can't beat to Sherman cuz they did run too fast and same to Sherman. U know that. We were already noticed it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
BuZzB28":398ww7ul said:
peachesenregalia":398ww7ul said:
BuZzB28":398ww7ul said:

Obvious chinese 49er fan troll is obvious.

Why u are alway critical me what I say anything?. Smh. Dude. Sherman looked a great run too fast than Wr. If he can play both CB and WR when he can help us to a wins games. I see the WRS can't beat to Sherman cuz they did run too fast and same to Sherman. U know that. We were already noticed it.

Agree.