Nate Boyer writes MMQB Article

Hawks46

Reaction score
This article is so right on and moving. Our country really tends to numb you with all the information and distractions out there. I know what it's like in half a dozen 3rd world countries as I've been there, but you forget what it FEELS like after a while.

It's always been my plan to take my kids to a destitute country and work with the children there in some sort of charity. They need to FEEL why this country can be so great and to not squander the opportunity that 90% of the world just doesn't get. It's ironic that I can't afford to do this yet, but it's being worked on.

I root for Nate. He's prior military and this gives me even more respect for him. I know he likely won't make the squad, but somehow I know this doesn't bother Nate. At least he's giving it a run.

OP
OP
aawolf

aawolf

Reaction score
Yeah, with all this contract talk and bickering, I was starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about this off-season. However, this is one story that lifted my spirits. I can't imagine waking up and saying, "Geeze, I would love to go to Darfur and help children suffering from war, poverty, genocide, and starvation." I don't care if he doesn't make the team I'm a Nate Boyer fan for life.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the PR stunt of signing him in the first place has paid off in spades. :lol:

That it takes a PR stunt by a football team to get the story out there is pretty unfortunate, though.

OP
OP
aawolf

aawolf

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qlomtwxo said:
Well, it looks like the PR stunt of signing him in the first place has paid off in spades. :lol:

That it takes a PR stunt by a football team to get the story out there is pretty unfortunate, though.

A PR stunt? Seriously? This seemed to be one story where we could all agree that the sacrifices this guy has made in his life were worthy of praise and we wouldn't have someone trolling. I guess that's out the window.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If he doesnt have a legitimate chance at the roster then it's a PR stunt.