Not SB favorites any longer

Hawkfish

Reaction score
“The Super Bowl runner-up Seahawks had been favorite to win it all in 2016 since their loss back in February but there is very little support for them from a betting perspective,” Bradley said. “The Packers have now jumped to the favorite position at 6/1 and have seen more money than any other team. If the Hawks can get there again and win the Super Bowl, it would be the best result for the book and I do not see that changing any time soon.”

The Seahawks are still second on their list at 13/2, followed by the Colts (8/1), Patriots (9/1) and Cowboys (10/1).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... favorites/

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
meh. Got 6/1 for the Hawks in Vegas last month and was thrilled.
Most places were 4/1 or 11/2, it took some looking but South Point had em 6/1.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
GB has gotten a bit more hype lately, so they are 1 in the eyes of the majority right now, when a story comes out how the Hawks look better than ever in TC we will be 1 again. I expect it to fluctuate a lot in the upcoming time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets see where everyone shakes out after a meeting here in the near future, I am think that the favorite is swayed by most thinking the Packers are going to take one from us at their house.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
When Vegas moves the line, or changes the odds................all that means is money is coming in on a particular team.

In this case, a lot of gamblers are putting their money on the Packers, so Vegas had to lower the odds and make them the #1 favorites in order to get better odds on incoming bets.

kearly

Reaction score
Lets see how these SB odds shift after week 2.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I would agree with them being the favorite. They were a football bouncing off of Brandon Bostick's face away from making the Super Bowl in February.. as long as Rodgers stays healthy they will be very dangerous. As kearly said, that Week 2 game is big and could very well determine HFA in the NFC Playoffs.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
do think it will take a win vs gb to get there again...lots can happen between now and then...one serious injury to a qb or rb and its all over

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Why does it ever matter what the Vegas odds are unless those odds are used to influence the game?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still don't get all the Green Bay love going on... They have done exactly NOTHING to get better. Teams that get complacent don't tend to do well. McCarthy giving up the play calling duties won't be enough to get them over the top.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":39pu8l12 said:
Good. Love any bit of news that can be used as a chip on the shoulder.

Agreed. It feels like our guys play a lot more motivated when they're the underdog opposed to the favorite

LTH

Reaction score
At 13-2 that seems like if a guy had 100 dollars to lose, this might be a good bet... but I personally am going to wait... if the hawks get off to a slow start those odds are going to get way better as I see the Hawks as a second half team... If they can just make the playoffs anything can happen...

LTH

cacksman

Reaction score
I hate when people say "X game will probably determine HFA".

Unless both teams win 15+ games, no it won't. GB didn't lose HFA because of week 1 to Seattle. They lost it because they also lost to Detroit, New Orleans, and Buffalo.

cacksman

Reaction score
I am very glad that GB has somehow overtaken Seattle as favorites in one book, but I'd bet the vast majority of them still have Seattle at #1. Even so, this will not be the case for long.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
cacksman":seoutn7c said:

Unless both teams win 15+ games, no it won't. GB didn't lose HFA because of week 1 to Seattle. They lost it because they also lost to Detroit, New Orleans, and Buffalo.

But.. had they won in Week 1... those other 3 games don't matter.

Soooo yeah that game kind of did determine HFA, and even then it nearly didn't matter without an absurd amount of events happening one after the other.

Green Bay is absolutely our biggest roadblock to a 3rd straight SB appearance. They should be favored IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3cd00d7u said:
cacksman":3cd00d7u said:

Soooo yeah that game kind of did determine HFA, and even then it nearly didn't matter without an absurd amount of events happening one after the other.

Green Bay is absolutely our biggest roadblock to a 3rd straight SB appearance. They should be favored IMO.
Favored for what? Not even a preseason game has been played. Nobody has any business guessing what any particular team will do before 4 regular season games have been played. As for Superbowl favorites? I'd figure about 12 regular season games need to be played for a decent guess.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2c105nln said:
cacksman":2c105nln said:

But had they won in week one, every other game would have played out differently.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
In a survey of Super Bowl odds compiled by Odds Shark, Hawks look like the team to beat, though one site dropped them to second place.

According to betting sites SportsBetting and BetOnline, the Hawks remain the best bets to hoist the Lombardi Trophy, at 9-to-2.

Two other sites — 5Dimes and sportbet — post Seattle’s odds at 19-to-4, also the best in the NFL, making the Seahawks the most heavily-favored team to win Super Bowl 50 in the NFL.

Las Vegas sports book Bovada is the only oddsmaker that doesn’t have Seattle on top, putting them behind the Green Bay Packers.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015 ... 31953101=0

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1h02t6u6 said:
Hasselbeck":1h02t6u6 said:
cacksman":1h02t6u6 said:

Favored for what? Not even a preseason game has been played. Nobody has any business guessing what any particular team will do before 4 regular season games have been played. As for Superbowl favorites? I'd figure about 12 regular season games need to be played for a decent guess.

I see what you did there. I would expect to see something decent about a team after the 6th game tho. I think that gives the teams enough of a slice of the season to make judgements on overall team play and some of their abilities.
Just my humble opinion of course.