Anyone see Russell Wilson on Jimmy Kimmel

hawknation2015

Reaction score
No but you can watch some of the clips from the interview here:
http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-li ... 0_edfflwtu

Edit -- Just watched it. Actually a pretty entertaining interview. Seahawk fans sounded loud even there, though Russell said the crowd noise at CenturyLink wasn't much of an adjustment after playing at Wisconsin and NC State. Russell was asked whether he wanted to be the highest paid player in football and responded that he wanted to be paid based on his play. Most awkward moment was Russell's joke that Carroll paid his players at USC, which fell flat with the L.A. audience. Overall, Russell looked a little more comfortable in this interview setting than he did a year ago.

hawksmode

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1apooyj8 said:

Edit -- Just watched it. Actually a pretty entertaining interview. Seahawk fans sounded loud even there, though Russell said the crowd noise at CenturyLink wasn't much of an adjustment after playing at Wisconsin and NC State. Russell was asked whether he wanted to be the highest paid player in football and responded that he wanted to be paid based on his play. Most awkward moment was Russell's joke that Carroll paid his players at USC, which fell flat with the L.A. audience. Overall, Russell looked a little more comfortable in this interview setting than he did a year ago.

Perfect, so is he giving some back for costing us the SB?

Kidding....( kind a )

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawksmode":14ncn8za said:
hawknation2015":14ncn8za said:

Perfect, so is he giving some back for costing us the SB?

Kidding....( kind a )

With your avatar, you're touting the "NFC CHAMPIONS Back To Back", for which Russell Wilson played a BIG part in helping to get us those trophies in the first place.
I don't suppose you think Coach Bevell had anything to do with that particular costly play-call?

Rocket

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1v64za3f said:
I don't suppose you think Coach Bevell had anything to do with that particular costly play-call?
And that is the $64,000.00 question. :th2thumbs:

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
Still haven't seen it, but will as soon as I get home.

Russ is awesome to watch in interviews and press conferences. He just knows how to speak.

Also, pay the man!!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah that was pretty awkward when Russ joked that Pete paid for players at USC. I think right after he said it, he realized what he just said.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Wilson also mentioned that he'd seriously consider playing both football & baseball if the Rangers traded his rights to the Mariners.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1crfnslc said:
Wilson also mentioned that he'd seriously consider playing both football & baseball if the Rangers traded his rights to the Mariners.

Please no. I love Russell as a football player, but he would not help the Mariners at all. Mariners already have enough hitting problems. Wasn't Russell like a career .220 hitter in single A?

I also found it interesting that Russell kind of made a joke about his baseball abilities, comparing it to Jimmy Kimmel's softball abilities. Seems like Russell has lightened up a bit. That could be the Ciara effect.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Didn't he also say Andy Sandberg soiled himself in the Green Room?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2s9gtb4m said:
Didn't he also say Andy Sandberg soiled himself in the Green Room?

Believe it was a reference to this:

[youtube]4pXfHLUlZf4[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Good interview, but a lot of awkward moments. There were actually a lot of good jokes in there that went over the audience's heads unfortunately. I actually liked the Sandberg jab at Carroll's "prank" at the end of the SB.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ywepde9 said:
With your avatar, you're touting the "NFC CHAMPIONS Back To Back", for which Russell Wilson played a BIG part in helping to get us those trophies in the first place.
Like throwing 4 interceptions and posting a 13.6 QBR in the last one? If it wasn't for our defense mitigating the damage of that disastrous first half, and Green Bay somehow managing to wrest defeat from the jaws of victory, we wouldn't have won last year.

Wilson played a BIG part in digging us a massive HOLE in that game. Wilson had very little to do with us winning the NFCCG last year.

In the first half, green Bay had scoring drives of 18, 22, 56, and 11 yards. If you told me an Aaron Rodgers-led team only managed 13 points out of that field position, I'd find it hard to believe. But each time we turned the ball over INSIDE FIELD GOAL RANGE, our defense held Green Bay to just a field goal. That's how good our defense was that day.

It was our defense, not Wilson, that had a BIG part in helping us win BOTH those trophies. Or do you also forget The Tip and the several 4th-quarter turnovers that our offense failed to convert against SF?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Rocket":2vnax97x said:
scutterhawk":2vnax97x said:
And that is the $64,000.00 question. :th2thumbs:
I think it's probably worth a tad more than that.

erik2690

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2vzb330a said:
scutterhawk":2vzb330a said:
Like throwing 4 interceptions and posting a 13.6 QBR in the last one? If it wasn't for our defense mitigating the damage of that disastrous first half, and Green Bay somehow managing to wrest defeat from the jaws of victory, we wouldn't have won last year.

Wilson played a BIG part in digging us a massive HOLE in that game. Wilson had very little to do with us winning the NFCCG last year.

In the first half, green Bay had scoring drives of 18, 22, 56, and 11 yards. If you told me an Aaron Rodgers-led team only managed 13 points out of that field position, I'd find it hard to believe. But each time we turned the ball over INSIDE FIELD GOAL RANGE, our defense held Green Bay to just a field goal. That's how good our defense was that day.

It was our defense, not Wilson, that had a BIG part in helping us win BOTH those trophies. Or do you also forget The Tip and the several 4th-quarter turnovers that our offense failed to convert against SF?

So you are under the impression that 'played a BIG part in helping to get us those trophies' means purely that 1 game where we actually receive the trophy? You have to be in that game to even have a chance. So he could have played like shit for the first 17, but if he had been a beast that game you would credit him with a 'BIG part in helping to get us those trophies'? That logic seems flawed to me. Very flawed honestly. I would argue he did have a big part in getting us there and still agree he played very badly in the GB game. I don't think those are mutually exclusive at all.