The better NFC Title Game? Green Bay or San Francisco? 710

ivotuk

Reaction score
I thought this podcast was worth it's own thread, because listening to it (24:45 minutes in), got me jacked up. Listening to Raible's calls at crucial moments again is a lot of fun. So if you want to listen to it, here it is:

Brock and Salk decide it's time to talk 'Hawks. Questions: Which was the better NFC title game? Green Bay or San Fransisco? Which team is the best rival for the Hawks this season? Who is really the most influential Seahawk? Blue 42: Dez Bryant vs. Calvin Johnson? What is a suitable outcome for the Brady hearing?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

24:45 Minutes in

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
For me the Hawks 9ers game. The whole game was a slugfest. Topped off with an amazing play. Even after the play it was still not over. The one against Green Bay was a sloppy horrible game with about 10 minutes of good watching. The end was very exciting but kind of a payback for a ugly ¾ of game.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1y0aewcs said:
For me the Hawks 9ers game. The whole game was a slugfest. Topped off with an amazing play. Even after the play it was still not over. The one against Green Bay was a sloppy horrible game with about 10 minutes of good watching. The end was very exciting but kind of a payback for a ugly ¾ of game.

Agreed. I've re-watched the Green Bay ending several times (starting after Russell throws his fourth interception). The rest of it is just too painful. The Niner game was good throughout.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
49er game hands down.

This is one of the iconic images that will be in the top of Seahawk history forever

20140119__sherman~1.JPG

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":20ztlu5k said:
49er game hands down.

This is one of the iconic images that will be in the top of Seahawk history forever

20140119__sherman~1.JPG

I love that play. I have a large picture of that hanging in my office. This game was also better in hindsight since it led us to our first Super Owl.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Packers game had an unreal ending.. but that Niners-Seahawks game was just pure intensity from the first play to the last.

Basis4day

Reaction score
9er game for sure. The first 55 mins of the GB game are almost unwatchable.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2ylvqqjz said:
WilsonMVP":2ylvqqjz said:
49er game hands down.

20140119__sherman~1.JPG

I love that play. I have a large picture of that hanging in my office. This game was also better in hindsight since it led us to our first SuperB Owl win.

FIFY.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I had the great fortune of attending both games. Even better, I had the great fortune of being seated very close to the two plays that ultimately decided both games. Both were incredible games.

Without question, even without considering the fact that the game against the Niners was a better game, the victory against the Niners was the better of the two. That was the point in time that we put our foot on our rival's neck, stole their NFC crown, and became the unquestioned class of the NFC. The post-game celebration in Seattle was remarkably more intense. There was something so special about that game. Even had we gone on to win XLIX, Carroll's NFL career would largely have been defined by the 2013/14 NFCCG game and XLVIII. The Sherman tip is indelibly imprinted on every football fan's memory and will live in the pantheon of key NFL highlights for the rest of time.

Other than hardcore Seahawks fans, nobody will remember that it was Kearse who caught the winner against GB. It will be remembered for the false narrative of a game that GB dominated for 3.5 quarters then threw away in the last few minutes. People forget that, despite multiple unbelievable receiver drops and unlucky bounces, the Hawks were statistically extremely close through the last 3/4 of the game. Even on this board, people view it through that lens. The memorable images from that game are Aaron Rodgers pulling up, limping on a run in the open field and some forgotten special teams player flubbing the onside kick. Who remembers the warriors we fielded in the secondary who continued to battle despite major injuries? Only Seahawk fans.

JMHO

- bsd

idahohawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lvs0q2j said:
I thought this podcast was worth it's own thread, because listening to it (24:45 minutes in), got me jacked up. Listening to Raible's calls at crucial moments again is a lot of fun. So if you want to listen to it, here it is:

Brock and Salk decide it's time to talk 'Hawks. Questions: Which was the better NFC title game? Green Bay or San Fransisco? Which team is the best rival for the Hawks this season? Who is really the most influential Seahawk? Blue 42: Dez Bryant vs. Calvin Johnson? What is a suitable outcome for the Brady hearing?

24:45 Minutes in

IMHO the answer here is the 49er game. Why? They are the Hawks' primary rival in the NFL. SEA didn't just beat them, they did it in dramatic fashion and ripped their hearts out. That game was the the death blow to the 49er franchise, or at least the Harbaugh Era.

The Packer game was legendary, but 3/4 of that game sucked toilet water. The comeback and the amazing plays were terrific, but the SEA-SF game was the better game.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As far as memorable images of the win over GB, these are the ones I will always remember.

635572812581826021-P1710037.JPG

150121sherman600.jpg

126 et blog4

- bsd

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The 49er game was the beginning. I'm going to miss that rivalry as it made us a better team. Arizona and St Louis will keep us on our toes, but not like that rivalry did.

Here's another podcast along those lines with some great audio clips and starts early in the podcast about 90 seconds in:

Who is the biggest rival to the Hawks this season? Plus, Brock and Salk hop on the 2015 season hype train with great sounds from the Hawks previous season highlights. Blue 42: Why isn't Marcus Mariota's deal done? Do player negotiations rely most on player skill? Also, Jim Fassel says "Don't be surprised if there was a very good spring league opening up next year in the NFL. What would that look like?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Win SB 50, then GB game because it was the miracle of miracles. But since Hawks lost SB 50, GB game kind of loses it's aura.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1w5q9km3 said:
Win SB 50, then GB game because it was the miracle of miracles. But since Hawks lost SB 50, GB game kind of loses it's aura.
For the reasons above AND the fact that SF is/was a hated rival and the two opposing players involved in the last play are not well liked here made it even sweeter. Plus it led to the Hawks first Lombardi!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1xtobyth said:

Already counting 50 as a loss? Shameful.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can you give us that score from Super Bowl 50? I want go do like Biff and make a ton of money on future games. :th2thumbs:

pmedic920

Reaction score
The NFCCG vs the 9ers was my first game to watch live @ C-Link.
One of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.

All that aside, it was also the better game.

:{)